• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best optic under 2,000

Re: Best optic under 2,000

Still haven't had a chance to look at these scopes in person. I've been busy fixing some rental property in my spare time. How woul you compare these scopes to a zeiss conquest? Better clarity, tougher, more elevation ect....?

At this price range the quality of the glass are all premium and I doubt that the clarity differences between manufacturer would be discernible to the naked eye. In other words, you can't tell the difference. What matters now are the bells and whistles it has and I would choose based most important to me on warranty and customer service.

Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NPR1 HS ZS would be my first choice

I had a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 with the MLR reticle and loved it. The reason I sold it is because I wanted to switch to first focal plane. Besides that, I would of kept it.

i would get ior optics, ive got the 12-52x56 terminator, and ive done a head to head comparison to s&b pm 2, and the glass is better in the ior scope.

Better resoulution, better live image, better colors..
but the s&b is much lighter and it has kind of a better quality feel and looks.

But it beats the nightforce and leupold in optics by far, it is not even comparable. But this is if your looking for the best optical view, others may be better in quality, i dont know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ragnarok</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Better resoulution, better live image, better colors..
</div></div>

Get the IOR for birdwatching.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: send-it</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G2 reticle on the HDMR is AWESOME.

Since you're not shooting comps, go with the Vortex or Nightforce. In that order.
</div></div>

(Except....) the Bushnell G2 is around 800 cheaper than the Razor....

Actually the Bushnell is $1399 and the Vortex Razor is about $1850-1900.

Yet again...I wonder how many people have used the stuff they are recommending........or talking against.

I have owned 3 Razors, 2 NF F1 and a 5.5-22, and have used a friend's Bushnell HDMR and SWFA SS5-20 at a few range sessions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned 3 Razors, 2 NF F1 and a 5.5-22, and have used a friend's Bushnell HDMR and SWFA SS5-20 at a few range sessions. </div></div>

You know that wasn't directed at you Darth Rob.

Razor gets my vote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet again...I wonder how many people have used the stuff they are recommending........or talking against. </div></div>

Does make ya wonder.

I kind of figured but I thought I would throw it up to back up my recommendation some.
wink.gif

grin.gif

IOR here also. 100% impressed with mine.

Out of the scopes listed which would be the best for late afternoon shooting.... which one gathers light better?... Nightforce, IOR, Vortex, Bushnell, or swfa ss ???

Thanks again for your input!!!

Maybe not gather light but which one can I shoot in the darkest conditions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be wrong but I don't think scopes gather light.
Price pont, the HDMR is a good scope </div></div>

Actually optical scopes DO gather light, this is how they work.

The IOR 6-25x56 is hard to beat. Im back and forth between that and a Vortex Razor. The IOR has better glass. Tough call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im getting closer to upgrading my scope and have always had my sight set on getting a Night Force 5.5x25 or 8x32. I like allot of magnification. Right now my scope is cheap and I havent had a chance to really see what my rifle can do... My question is. If you had 2,000 to spend what scope would you choose and why? Would you hold out and spend more? </div></div>

Best optic under $2,000 to do what?

Bang for the buck in terms of pure optical quality IOR has the best glass under $2K unless you get REALLY lucky and snag a used Premier Heritage 5-25x56 here on the Hide. If $2K is the upper end of your budget you might want to consider saving a bit longer and look for a nice used PH 5-25x56. The PH 5-25s seem to have sold for $2,000-$2,220 here on the hide which is very close to the price of a Razor HD.

I've only owned a few different scopes and would take better optical performance and reticle suitable for the shooting application over bells and whistles. I've compared IOR 3-18x42 SH, USO SN-3 T-PAL both and ERGO, S&B PMII and Premier Heritage scopes. The IOR glass is on par with the S&B and PH scopes.

The USO scopes seem to have widely variable image quality but generally seem to be one tier down from the best. USO is at the top of the second tier which includes the Razor HD line.

HTH!

I would go with the NXS. You will have it a very long time, and the cost of the scope will just be a memory, but the thousands and thousands of rounds you will put through it will cost you much more than the scope.

Anyone happen to know of a place that sells both ior and vortex in Houston? I've found a few vortex dealers but no ior... The one I thought I found was just a warehouse for their Internet Buisness....

I decided on a NF NSX 5.5-22x56mm for a TRG last year. My ass tightened when I did it as I'd never put that kind of money into a scope before. In hindsight I'm damn glad that I did. Without a doubt I will be getting another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be wrong but I don't think scopes gather light.
Price pont, the HDMR is a good scope </div></div>

Actually optical scopes DO gather light, this is how they work.
</div></div>
I could be wrong,I'm pretty sure that most people think that scopes gather light, but the truth is that they transmit available light.

Might I suggest a scope that is used by the finest Special Ops teams......rumor has it there was a government contract overrun......best $1400 you'll ever spend! He, he, he

I seldom post as I'm no "professional" - just a recreational shooter who likes to use quality products.

Two days ago, I purchased a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56mm w/HS ZS and the "MOAR" reticle from one of this forum's sponsors.

My planned use is for a .50 BMG to entertain myself breaking rocks with API at distance in the high NV desert. My .50 has a Lothar/Walther barrel and if I can manage to shoot well enough - maybe I'll try and compete with it some day.

Either way, my vendor treated me as well as a sniper or competitor in making recommendations and filling my order. I should have it this coming Friday and am looking forward to comparing the MOAR reticle to the NP-R1 that I have on my .308 rifle.

As price was $1959 - I'd say that's about as close to perfect as a $2K scope could get..