• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best place for MK262?

I had a big lot of that ammo and it blew primers in everything I shot it in.
I think...I sorta wish anything I said was politics too. Cause then there would be a bigger wedge between it and where we are now.

That said you can use ammoseek to look for mk262 and maybe you get a hit and maybe not. I have been testing to see if my guns like 75 gr hornady frontier ammo because it performs a lot like mk262 and some guns like it well enough.

Many of my 18” guns crap the frontier out at 2750 or more. Pretty decent.

The other one that kicks ass here is hornady Superformance 556 75 gr. An 18” gun here the other day got 2875fps out of the superformance, but you pretty much have to build the gun to be able to shoot it.

Think Surefire OBC AND adjustable gas. And 1/8 twist only, not 1/9 or 1/7.

Charlie’s has it. Pricey, but they have it.

A lot of folks here have suggest the IMI razorcore stuff. I haven’t tried it yet but I have a couple boxes of it, just waiting for a day off to go to the range and check it out. I have tried the 77gr (air quotes) mk262 rendition from Freedom Munitions. It shot pretty decent in my rifle with an ACOG at 100yds. I never measured it but if I had to guess it was 1.5-1.75” YMMV. There a lot of folks on the fence with the FM stuff and I am one of them. I’ve had some recent bad luck (there’s a thread on here about it) with their 7.62 stuff that’s been rectified by them but their 5.56 seems to be ok.

I had a big lot of that ammo and it blew primers in everything I shot it in.
Superformance? Yeah - the OBC bolt carrier has extra buffering and a different cam track so it stays closed a lot longer than a regular one.

Also, the early ammo was worse about blowing primers.

Reactions: deersniper
I have had good luck with the IMI 77 grain razor core . out of an 18 inch Daniel defense barrel I'm getting 2748 fps and hover right around 1 moa some times I am a bit over and other a bit under 1moa so I figure it's my bugger hook making the difference . I have been shooting it in prs gas gun matches for a year now and see no reason to change .

Last edited:
Reactions: jMarine
Too bad they dont make the magtech sniper 77 otms anymore. Those were an amazing value. Grouped better than the imi and better sd if i recall.

Too bad they dont make the magtech sniper 77 otms anymore. Those were an amazing value. Grouped better than the imi and better sd if i recall.
I back2backed the IMI stuff with the Magtech. Man that mag tech was great.

THAT said I heard that the earlier razor core wasn't as good as current production.

Yea it was years ago i shot the razor core. It was fast AF. I just ordered some remaned 77 otm from freedom munitions. Hopefully ill be able to get out and try it out soon. Pretty interested in the performance. Averaged like .57 a round

Sad hearing about the magtec. I only have 2k left of that. Should have listened to Army Jerry. Anyway, I preferred it over the IMI myself. I've taken to just reloading my own 262 wannabes.
LC once fired cases, wolf primers, 77 sierras or 75 Hornady with 23.4 grains of xbr. Works well in several tubes for me.

The scuttlebutt I heard about the Magtech was, Sierra raised the price on the 77gr SMK bullet, and Magtech wasn't willing to pay the increased cost.

I also found the Magtech to shoot better for me and mine, over the IMI.

The IMI 77gr I have is fast, 2810ish typical from a 20" barrel.

Reactions: atomic41
Not Mk262, but the Norma (RUAG) .223 77-gr shoots great in my 18" CLE chambered SPR Bartlein. Slow but accurate. Was getting a fist size group at 400 yards in windy conditions.

IMG_20220424_140636896_HDR.jpg

I paid 80¢ each on sale if you ordered 10+ boxes, plus another 5% off with a coupon code I had from a previous order. Free Shipping!

Was supprised how clean burning this ammo is.

Last edited: