• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best place to buy a Dillon 550b?

nso123

High Speed Steel Stinger
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Tennessee
Who has the best prices on Dillon presses? Are there any Hide vendors that carry Dillon?

I believe they are MAP pricing, in other words Dillon won't let anyone sell them for less than they say. Dillon sets the price I believe. Just order from Enos.

Grafs is below retail with a C&R ffl. It is worth getting an ffl if you are buying a dillon setup.

You can find a used one for even less and save a few more bucks. I would not hesitate to do that.

The 550B is a great set up. Bullet proof and easy to run but there just aren't any deals on them. I've ordered most of my Dillon stuff from Enos and have always been happy with them. Dillon usually has a price hike at the first of the year so try to order before.

Thanks guys. I will keep my eyes out for a used one for a bit and then check with Brian.

I've bought two Square Deals used, one from ebay and one from a LGS that decided to replace its 15 year old demo unit with a new one. In both cases I saved a bit over buying new, and with Dillon's warranty almost all of the detail parts that needed replacing were replaced for free. (In the case of the LGS demo unit, Dillon had me stand in the store while on the phone with them and they walked me through what I ought to see on the press. This let them tell me what was missing that I would need to buy - not all of the missing parts were covered under their replacement warranty - so I could come up with an offer to make for the press as-is.)

Each came set up for calibers I didn't want, but buying new caliber kits from Dillon and selling the unwanted ones on ebay only put me about $15 out of pocket for each caliber.

While these weren't 550s, I'd take the lesson to be that there is very little risk in buying a used Dillon press if you find one at a reasonable price.

if you want cheap, try Ebay and wait for a used one to show up, if you want new, pay the price, they are worth every penny.
cheers.

I bought mine used from a local gun forum. Saved me about 200. I see stuff pop up every now and then on Craigslist as well.

I currently have a 550b + conversions ordered from Brian enos. As far as I can tell it's all the same pricing as dillon he just has an easier to figure out system to find what you'll need. If you are new to dillon I think it's easier to track everything down...The free shipping is nice but a couple things to remember.

You will not get tracking info automatically from either him or dillon. You can contact him to get one. I can't believe that's the standard, like I want $700+ in stuff coming ??? Just sitting on door step.

My shipment got delayed. I ordered thurs morning and expected it to ship that thurs/fri. It didn't ship until the next Tuesday (late in day too - accepted by FedEx 8pm).

I will still recieve it within his quoted 4-8 days. But on the 8th day, I figured AZ to OR id get it quick and would have it it had shipped in the quoted 1-2 days rather than 5-6 days. I was told that their shipping was screwed up all across though, didn't make difference if I ordered from Brian or dillon directly.

Side note. You need a ffl to order press from grafs?? Huh???

Most of the stuff you order through Brian is drop shipped from Dillon. So same service and same things out of stock or in stock.

One advantage to Brain, is you can call him, talk to him about your needs and get better advice of what to buy. Not that talking to Dillon is bad, Brian is just better.

Most of the stuff you order through Brian is drop shipped from Dillon. So same service and same things out of stock or in stock.

One advantage to Brain, is you can call him, talk to him about your needs and get better advice of what to buy. Not that talking to Dillon is bad, Brian is just better.

Not anymore. You call and it's a voicemail saying "I am a one man operation and no longer accept phone calls"