• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Best Price for Vortex?

dlfishcop

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2011
Looking at getting one of the plain Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50PA scopes. Where can a guy get the best deal? It seems that 459 is the going rate. Any clearance sales anywhere?

Re: Best Price for Vortex?

I've done lots of business with several hide sponsors for optics:

CameralandNY
SWFA
Liberty Optics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gr8fuldoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is always a pleasure to assist the members here on the 'hide</div></div>

careful of the trolls....

Have had nothing but top notch customer service from Cameraland and Libery Optics. Over the top C.S. each and every time. Sometimes it pays to consider more than just price.

SWFA is good to go too.

Maybe have to wait for Cabelas to have a Promotion or go with the Sportsmans Guide and the Buyers Club. $45 off. UNLESS anyone knows of any good deals. How come I always miss the good clearance deals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlfishcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UNLESS anyone knows of any good deals. How come I always miss the good clearance deals. </div></div>

A vendor <span style="font-style: italic">just</span> asked you to call/contact him for a deal... did you miss that too?

I looked at the website link that he gave...SAME PRICE $459. Unless he gives good deals to site members, which was not mentioned. I could get a better deal at Sportsmans Guide. I was wondering if anyplace had any of these at a BETTER PRICE. Thanks for your concern.

Since price is your only concern, Sportsmans Guide seems to suit your needs.
They carry the badass Countersniper line as well....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlfishcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at the website link that he gave...SAME PRICE $459. Unless he gives good deals to site members, which was not mentioned. I could get a better deal at Sportsmans Guide. I was wondering if anyplace had any of these at a BETTER PRICE. Thanks for your concern.
</div></div>

Let me get this straight ... You have done the web search and found the "best price" then came here looking for someone to help find an even better deal and when he suggests you call the vendor you don't, instead you get an atitude ...Really? Maybe if you would f'n call the dealer you would find out instead of expecting people here to do your research.

It has been my experience since becoming involved in this site, that the members here consider a "sale" one that is priced right, backed with quality customer service, advise, a supporter of this site as well as the shooting community as a whole and a place that will always stand by the product.
Not meaning to offend anyone, but if the only thing that matters is price, and service has no meaning, there is always the Costco's, WalMarts and numerous big box stores of various industries. That is why they exist. I have found that a "sale" is more than just buying a product, it is the whole package.

Contact Doug at CamerlandNy or Scott at Liberty Optics. They are both great men to deal with and will take care of you.

Maybe this is a spy, and he is fishing for someone that will violate the map pricing. lol. that's a joke, for those that don't have a since humor.

Yea I agree with rhutch, try countersniper.lol

Or maybe its a guy that is on a budget and does not have the $$$ to pay more than he has to. Vortex has the VIP warranty,I know it is great to have CS from the middle man, but pay extra for it. I REALLY could use the extra money I could save. Kids and wife, hell I'm lucky enough to get the go ahead for the scope for the rifle that has been sitting idle for almost a year. I understand the MAP pricing is a CROC. I know last year a few guys bought the Viper on a whopper clearance, and was JUST WONDERING if there were any sales that I was missing. Sorry for bothering all of you.

PS. I will call the vendor that replied. Hopefully he can help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlfishcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or maybe its a guy that is on a budget and does not have the $$$ to pay more than he has to. Vortex has the VIP warranty,I know it is great to have CS from the middle man, but pay extra for it. I REALLY could use the extra money I could save. Kids and wife, hell I'm lucky enough to get the go ahead for the scope for the rifle that has been sitting idle for almost a year. I understand the MAP pricing is a CROC. I know last year a few guys bought the Viper on a whopper clearance, and was JUST WONDERING if there were any sales that I was missing. Sorry for bothering all of you.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlfishcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or maybe its a guy that is on a budget and does not have the $$$ to pay more than he has to. Vortex has the VIP warranty,I know it is great to have CS from the middle man, but pay extra for it. I REALLY could use the extra money I could save. Kids and wife, hell I'm lucky enough to get the go ahead for the scope for the rifle that has been sitting idle for almost a year. I understand the MAP pricing is a CROC. I know last year a few guys bought the Viper on a whopper clearance, and was JUST WONDERING if there were any sales that I was missing. Sorry for bothering all of you.</div></div> just kidding with you. Why don't you try Liberty Optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gr8fuldoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has been my experience since becoming involved in this site, that the members here consider a "sale" one that is priced right, backed with quality customer service, advise, a supporter of this site as well as the shooting community as a whole and a place that will always stand by the product.</div></div>

Ding-ding-ding...Winner, winner, chicken dinner!....God damn there's hope for us after all.

-Pat