• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best QD Mount/Muzzle brake for 1.375x24 Suppressors?

Gustav7

Son of a Gun...
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 18, 2019
    Ohio (OH)
    Just bought a Rex Silentium MG7. I'll be using it on my Glock 19/34, my .357mag Lever gun, and my 6.5cm bolt gun when needed.

Whats the best mount system out there? preferably one that gives me options for all three? Right now I have a SilencerCo ASR muzzle brake on my bolt gun but those ASR QD mounts seem like a pain in the ass and I can't find the Bravo mount in stock anywhere.

Does anyone even make a mount that could take the piston system on the pistol and a muzzle brake without having to switch out the back?

Last edited:
    I think you will need a separate mounting system for a pistol / piston. Might be cheapest to get a good pistol mount (not sure what I would choose) and just go direct thread on the 6.5. The direct thread will be the lightest solution anyway

ETA - I have a dead air mount and love it but it is heavy. Not sure how much weight matters to you

I think you will need a separate mounting system for a pistol / piston. Might be cheapest to get a good pistol mount (not sure what I would choose) and just go direct thread on the 6.5. The direct thread will be the lightest solution anyway

ETA - I have a dead air mount and love it but it is heavy. Not sure how much weight matters to you

The only time weight really matters is on my Lever gun, as it'll be accompanying me through the woods a lot. I originally planned on direct threading that, but I figured if I could get a good mount for the 6.5, then I'd throw a flash hider on the lever gun and that way I could just easily go back and forth without having to change out the back end on the Suppressor.

Reactions: rlsmith1
    The only time weight really matters is on my Lever gun, as it'll be accompanying me through the woods a lot. I originally planned on direct threading that, but I figured if I could get a good mount for the 6.5, then I'd throw a flash hider on the lever gun and that way I could just easily go back and forth without having to change out the back end on the Suppressor.
    Not QD, but I like the Griffin Plan A and taper mounts. Simple, lightweight and effective. We have most caliber mounts in stock (9mm, 5.56, .308, .45).

I was just about to suggest the Griffin adapter and their taper mount brakes. Rock solid lock up, no drama when taking it off. The other thing I like about Griffin is the large selection of muzzle devices that they offer in taper mounts.

I have come to believe that taper mount devices are better than QD devices. There is about 5 seconds difference in attaching or detaching and you don't have to worry about them as much. The QD mounts out there almost universally have issues.

I was just about to suggest the Griffin adapter and their taper mount brakes. Rock solid lock up, no drama when taking it off. The other thing I like about Griffin is the large selection of muzzle devices that they offer in taper mounts.

I have come to believe that taper mount devices are better than QD devices. There is about 5 seconds difference in attaching or detaching and you don't have to worry about them as much. The QD mounts out there almost universally have issues.

I should have mentioned I didn't mean specifically QD, but something that would allow me to switch rifles without having to change out the entire back mounting system of the suppressor.

So I'm assuming that with the Griffin Plan A system, they don't appear to make a 9mm piston system that would fit in that? I'd either have to get the 3-lug system or get a different piston system that threads in the back of the suppressor itself?

Not QD, but I like the Griffin Plan A and taper mounts. Simple, lightweight and effective. We have most caliber mounts in stock (9mm, 5.56, .308, .45).

Looking at those now. I do love the options for muzzle devices from Griffin. I did purchase the MG7 from you guys, so thanks for the coupon code and the continued support here on the hide

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
    I dig my Area 419 set-up and have both my .338LM and 6.5 Creed set-up on the Sidewinder systerm. Doesn't get much easier IMHO!

I dig my Area 419 set-up and have both my .338LM and 6.5 Creed set-up on the Sidewinder system. Doesn't get much easier IMHO!

I definitely like that system, and if I had more than one bolt gun I might go that route.
    I have a Surefire SOCOM suppressor that I use on my precision AR, and my other two AR's so those are sort of in their own game with the SOCOM mounts.

This set up will be for my Glock 19, Marlin 1894 Lever gun, and my 6.5cm. I think I'm just going to go with teh Griffin armament Paladin brake for my 6.5, and the minimalist flash suppressor my Marlin and then its just unscrew and screw on.

Then to figure out the 9mm piston thing....... lol

What's wrong with the ASR? I like the Trifecta too and would have stuck with it if I'd known all the problems were related to Fudds not putting the goddamn things on properly. I use the ASR on 5.56, .300BLK and 9mm.

The best setup IMO is the KAC QDC but it's probably not gonna help you much.

What's wrong with the ASR? I like the Trifecta too and would have stuck with it if I'd known all the problems were related to Fudds not putting the goddamn things on properly. I use the ASR on 5.56, .300BLK and 9mm.

The best setup IMO is the KAC QDC but it's probably not gonna help you much.

Expensive, they only have 2 muzzle device options. I've read alot of complaints about the locking system freezing up or being more cumbersome than it should be. I have big hands so not sure if that back piece you have to turn gets annoying after a while.

Is there a pistol piston setup that fits in the back of the ASR? Seems like the piston arena is a little confusing to me. I've never had to set one up but it seems difficutl to find someone who sells one damn piece you put in the back of the suppressor and screw on your pistol.