• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USK308

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
After bore-sighting and laser-sighting my new Sako S20 Precision (7mm Rem Mag) twice (first time was a complete F-up), I had the rifle shooting on paper at the range near my house in metro Denver, zero'd for 200yds!

Visiting my Mom in Metro Phoenix, I booked a reservation at Ben Avery Shooting Facility, which unfortunately, I missed the window for the longer distance range by a little bit, so I had to settle for the 100yd range.

Set the target up at 100yds, with a reactive-target stuck atop a normal silhouette target and then settled in. The Ben Avery facility is a bit more regimented than I'm used to, but it was actually a good rhythm with 15 minute shooting intervals. I shot 5 rounds of Hornady 162gr ELD-X aiming dead-center at the target, for consistency. There was a slight breeze, but I opted not to hold left, instead holding dead-center to have good data. :)

Using the SubMOA App, I think my grouping was pretty damn good, despite my forgetting to bring my rear-bag!!! Forgot to shoot a pic of the rifle at the range, so I shot a pic on my Mom's patio out back.

Attachments

• Sako S20 7RM Precision_BenAveryRange_Grouping.PNG
    Sako S20 7RM Precision_BenAveryRange_Grouping.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
  • Sako S20 Precision 7RM.jpg
    Sako S20 Precision 7RM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • Sako S20 Precision - 7RM_BenAveryRange_SubMOA App.jpg
    Sako S20 Precision - 7RM_BenAveryRange_SubMOA App.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: