Rifle Competition Events Best region for PRS matches

Mwee07

Privateer for Hire. Will work for powder or primer
Minuteman
Supporter+
Mar 19, 2017
Vancouver, WA
Where is the best area for PRS matches in the US, whether it be club or series matches? I live in Washington and am pretty spoiled in that I can drive a couple hours and shoot a match every single weekend it seems like. I have a friend who lives in Greensboro and it's like finding a needle in a needlestack to find matches within 2 hours that also don't cost an arm and a leg ($95 for a 6 stage match)

wpeach1912

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2020
Missouri is pretty good too. The MOST series has matches every weekend pretty much that are 2-3 hours away depending on where you live. Where I used to live, 3 ranges that hosted matches within 1.5 hours and another 2 within 2.5 hours

Rog2069

Baconator
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
Upstate South Carolina
Tell your friend he is 1.5 hours from Pigg River, 1.5 hours from Frontline Defense, and 1 hour from Coleman’s Creek. That’s 14 1day matches he could’ve shot this year in just those 3 venues. Also 3 2day matches. Yes they are 95 bucks per match. Usually a 1 day in the Atlantic region is 10 stages but they’ve trimmed em down some in the hotter months.

I’m just south of Greenville and don’t have a match closer to me than 3 hours away. Could be worse!!

kindabitey

See, nobody cares
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Tell your friend he is 1.5 hours from Pigg River, 1.5 hours from Frontline Defense, and 1 hour from Coleman’s Creek. That’s 14 1day matches he could’ve shot this year in just those 3 venues. Also 3 2day matches. Yes they are 95 bucks per match. Usually a 1 day in the Atlantic region is 10 stages but they’ve trimmed em down some in the hotter months.

I’m just south of Greenville and don’t have a match closer to me than 3 hours away. Could be worse!!
    You can add the VPRC guys on that list as well. They hold their matches at Pigg River, so that's another 4-6 matches.

DeathBeforeDismount

Pretty much Infantry
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2021
    West Coast
    Where is the best area for PRS matches in the US, whether it be club or series matches? I live in Washington and am pretty spoiled in that I can drive a couple hours and shoot a match every single weekend it seems like. I have a friend who lives in Greensboro and it's like finding a needle in a needlestack to find matches within 2 hours that also don't cost an arm and a leg ($95 for a 6 stage match)
    3 Hour min from Vancouver is getting Old, although there are NRL and PRS22 matches a bit closer.

DeathBeforeDismount

Pretty much Infantry
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 20, 2021
    West Coast
    If you look at the PRS map for regional and 2 days, the best areas seem to be.

North Texas/Oklahoma
    South Indiana
    Missouri
    Florida
    Pennsylvania.

Mwee07

Privateer for Hire. Will work for powder or primer
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 19, 2017
    Vancouver, WA
    is there a calendar posted anywhere for those VPRC matches?

Rog2069

Baconator
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2017
    Upstate South Carolina
    Precision rifle series website for regional matches in Atlantic coast region

Last edited:

S3th

Indecisive
    Minuteman
    Oct 14, 2018
    Greensboro NC
    I live in Greensboro, have him reach out to me.

tcole75

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 26, 2017
    Hollis Oklahoma
    I'd argue for the central region being the best. In southwest Oklahoma we have a small club that has 10 monthly matches a year costing 50 bucks to shoot all 10 matches.

Rob01

Cool Moderator
    Staff member
    Minuteman
    Jul 9, 2001
    NC

Depends if you want PRS points or just to shoot as you can go shoot a match at Alliance Outdoors in Maysville which is about an hour 20 from Greenville. ETA Forget that. Thought you were in Greenville NC with all the talk about NC.

But I agree with the rest in that his friend needs to look a little harder as there are a lot of matches around him. LOL

Reactions: kindabitey

LawnMM

Harbinger of Sarcasm
    Minuteman
  • Jul 5, 2009
    Colorado
    NRL is based in Cali, land of..............so.........
    dont-drive-angry-stay-calm.gif

Trever

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 25, 2014
    Utah
    Draw a 300 mile ring around Denver and you have more great venues/matches then it’s possible to shoot. So, that’s my vote. I’d guess south Texas is pretty good too.
    Agreed ! Very nice venues in this region