• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Best region for PRS matches

JuiceboxPNW

Privateer for Hire. Will work for 22LR
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
Greensboro
Where is the best area for PRS matches in the US, whether it be club or series matches? I live in Washington and am pretty spoiled in that I can drive a couple hours and shoot a match every single weekend it seems like. I have a friend who lives in Greensboro and it's like finding a needle in a needlestack to find matches within 2 hours that also don't cost an arm and a leg ($95 for a 6 stage match)

Missouri is pretty good too. The MOST series has matches every weekend pretty much that are 2-3 hours away depending on where you live. Where I used to live, 3 ranges that hosted matches within 1.5 hours and another 2 within 2.5 hours

Tell your friend he is 1.5 hours from Pigg River, 1.5 hours from Frontline Defense, and 1 hour from Coleman’s Creek. That’s 14 1day matches he could’ve shot this year in just those 3 venues. Also 3 2day matches. Yes they are 95 bucks per match. Usually a 1 day in the Atlantic region is 10 stages but they’ve trimmed em down some in the hotter months.

I’m just south of Greenville and don’t have a match closer to me than 3 hours away. Could be worse!!

Tell your friend he is 1.5 hours from Pigg River, 1.5 hours from Frontline Defense, and 1 hour from Coleman’s Creek. That’s 14 1day matches he could’ve shot this year in just those 3 venues. Also 3 2day matches. Yes they are 95 bucks per match. Usually a 1 day in the Atlantic region is 10 stages but they’ve trimmed em down some in the hotter months.

I’m just south of Greenville and don’t have a match closer to me than 3 hours away. Could be worse!!
You can add the VPRC guys on that list as well. They hold their matches at Pigg River, so that's another 4-6 matches.

Where is the best area for PRS matches in the US, whether it be club or series matches? I live in Washington and am pretty spoiled in that I can drive a couple hours and shoot a match every single weekend it seems like. I have a friend who lives in Greensboro and it's like finding a needle in a needlestack to find matches within 2 hours that also don't cost an arm and a leg ($95 for a 6 stage match)
3 Hour min from Vancouver is getting Old, although there are NRL and PRS22 matches a bit closer.

If you look at the PRS map for regional and 2 days, the best areas seem to be.

North Texas/Oklahoma
South Indiana
Missouri
Florida
Pennsylvania.

Precision rifle series website for regional matches in Atlantic coast region

Last edited:
I live in Greensboro, have him reach out to me.

I'd argue for the central region being the best. In southwest Oklahoma we have a small club that has 10 monthly matches a year costing 50 bucks to shoot all 10 matches.

Depends if you want PRS points or just to shoot as you can go shoot a match at Alliance Outdoors in Maysville which is about an hour 20 from Greenville. ETA Forget that. Thought you were in Greenville NC with all the talk about NC.

But I agree with the rest in that his friend needs to look a little harder as there are a lot of matches around him. LOL

Reactions: kindabitey
NRL is based in Cali, land of..............so.........
dont-drive-angry-stay-calm.gif

Draw a 300 mile ring around Denver and you have more great venues/matches then it’s possible to shoot. So, that’s my vote. I’d guess south Texas is pretty good too.
Agreed ! Very nice venues in this region