• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best scope for $1500 or less

akscott

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
North pole, ALASKA
I'm sure this has been beat to death but, I am about at the end of my first build. I have been running a 10x42ss and need to upgrade. I am wanting at least 20 power, ffp, matching reticle and turrets, and I would prefer a zero stop but it's not at the top of the list. So what would you use new or used.

Re: Best scope for $1500 or less

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-5-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P51653.aspx

Illuminated:
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-5-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P51642.aspx

You could get step down to a 6-24x50 PST and save some money or step up to a IOR or NF for a few hundred over your budget.
Personally I'm saving up for the IOR, but by the time I have that much money I may change my mind since it's going to take awhile
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HDMR </div></div>

Nailed it

Right now you can get a new Vortex Razor 5-20
$1790 shipped. Thats a little off budget but
you will get so much scope for that.
FFP and 125 moa
Of course the $950 PST Viper is FFP & 75 moa.
Either would hard to beat for the $$$$
But dont take it from me. Im not that experienced
but from looking around a lot, thats what I see.
Or an SWFA or used NF

Nightforce does ffp and are listed as F1. They aren't under $1500 new.

SS 5-20HD. If it means anything I sold my SFP NXS and kept this one.

Akscott, I am not sure what type of shooting discipline you are involved in, but unless you are shooting tactical/practical matches on a regular basis a second focal plane scope should not be overlooked. A ffp scope has its advantages as does a SFP, as for options, I have several NXS scopes and they are bulletproof, got some IOR'S and the newer models have some excellent internals and the glass is beyond compare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulL01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now you can get a new Vortex Razor 5-20
FFP and 125 moa
Or an SWFA or used NF
</div></div>
+1-- Spend the extra $200-300 and get a Razor. I've seen 'em go for $1700. I couldn't be happier with mine.

I tried to keep the same budget, and narrowed down to:

DMR
SWFA-SS
IOR

These 3 I have looked through all had outstanding glass (to me, I also have a NightForce). I still am suffering along with my SFP but I may still order one of these just to see what I am missing out on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulL01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right now you can get a new Vortex Razor 5-20
FFP and 125 moa
Or an SWFA or used NF
</div></div>That's a good deal on the Razor. Where did you find that?

Wow, lots of different opinions here. I am basicly just going on pics and opinions as you won't find any of these scopes at a store within 400 miles of me, so I really appreciate all the info.

I've been exactly where you are and decided to up my budget. But the new scopes in your budget were already listed.

SS 5-20
Bushnell HDMR

Both of those are great for the money. For a little more you can step up to a Razor 5-20, Leupold MK6 3-18, USO SN-3 etc...the $2k mark has a ton of good options if saving a few extra pennies is doable.

SS 5-20
Bushnell HDMR
I have two of the SS 5-20, I sold my Nightforce to help pay for them.
My buddy runs the Bushnell and is very happy with it, I have looked through it, and would be happy with either.
SScott

FFP and 125 moa
Or an SWFA or used NF
</div></div>

Where are you getting this price.