• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best scope for less than...

Deerhunter61

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2014
DFW
$2,000.00.

The more I read here the more I see that I just am not in most of you guys league! I simply can't afford spending 3-4K on a scope and yet I need one that will perform and perform well out to 1,000 yards. I was leaning to Vortex but the more I've read on here the less I'm inclined to buy it. So please recommend a great scope.

I'm looking for something like 5-25X50 or at least in this area.

Thanks,

Mel

P.S. Just a FYI...I'm not going to be actually making the purchase before the middle to end of July.

Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50.
Get it, use it, and if in time you determine your needs change it will be easy to sell.

Understand there are a lot of scopes that may need your needs. Giving more information on what exactly you intend to do with it will help with advice.

What do you plan on using the scope for?

And don't confuse the Vortex Razor, which is what you should be looking for in that price range, and the PST, which people usually complain about. The Razor is a very reliable scope. Different animals from same company.

In sept the new Steiner TX5i is dropping. Made in USA and in your price range

This. I'll be waiting on the new Steiners to check out before making any other optic purchases. If the first one measures up like I expect, I'll be buying a couple more.

I think the 5x25 is like $1899 and the 3x15 is like $1499. I really liked the german made 5x25 steiner Ive looked thru.really hope the usa tx5i is just as good. Price is right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Give the guys over at Liberty Opitcs a call or PM them here and check out their price on a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x50, great deal!!!

Guys,

I just saw this one...and....If I could spend the $2,350.00 would you recommend this? Would it make sense to go ahead and spend the extra money for it?

Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 Mil-R Riflescope C446

Thanks,

Honestly I'm having a very tough time making up my mind and I do not want to "waste" money buying something that I'll just replace later. I'd rather go ahead and get one that'll truly be great and would be one that I'll use for ten years or so. So spending another $350 if it gets me this scope makes sense to me...

Guys,

I just saw this one...and....If I could spend the $2,350.00 would you recommend this? Would it make sense to go ahead and spend the extra money for it?

Thanks,

Honestly I'm having a very tough time making up my mind and I do not want to "waste" money buying something that I'll just replace later. I'd rather go ahead and get one that'll truly be great and would be one that I'll use for ten years or so. So spending another $350 if it gets me this scope makes sense to me...

I think that the ATACR is overpriced. IMO, you're paying for the NF name. Rob01 is spot on; go with the Vortex Gen II. The Gen II 1-6 has glass clarity that's pretty much on par with my 5-25 S&B. The 3-18 will be <$2K and has a great reticle; the 4-27 may be just a little bit more. I don't think you'll be able to get a better value.

Also, Milehigh has a group buy right now for a Gen I Razor with a Spuhr mount for $2K, which is a pretty decent deal.

Guys,

WAY overpriced. Furthermore... There is no way I'd even consider a SECOND focal plane "Advanced Tactical" 5-25x scope.

Reported price on the new Steiner T5Xi scopes to be....
$1,699 for the 3-15x50
$1,899 for the 5-25x56
I'm not looking at any optic that costs $2,000+ until I've had the chance to look at the new Steiners.
I am really liking the MSR reticle for military/tactical/whatever optics.

[MENTION=104320]Deerhunter61[/MENTION], Like already mentioned, in order to steer you right we could use a bit more information from you as to it's intended use. There are a couple scopes with a good rep and great glass for under $1000, but they will not be as tough/rugged as the offerings in the $1500-2000 range. This is not an issue if you're planning on using it for range and occasional local match use, but for heavy hunting with plenty of expected abuse or for serious tactical and practical match work, you will definitely want something a bit more robust like the Vortex Razor, Bushnell Elite Tactical, Nightforce, etc.

I have been using a Sightron SIII 6-24x50 FFP for over 8 months on my .260 and for the price of under $1000 I don't think that you can beat the glass and it has held up very well to plenty of repeatable dialing and well over 1000 rounds, including a couple local practical field matches. Now don't misunderstand me, as this is not in the same durability class as the others mentioned above, but then not every application requires that weight and level of toughness. That said, I would and may buy another with no question and I don't hesitate to recommend it.

Best scope for less than...

SWFA FFP 5-20hd. $1500 new around $1000 used. Better than vortex IMHO.

SWFA 5-20, Sightron SIII 6-24 FFP model, Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21, Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24, IOR 6-24

Guys,

Thanks,

I would call sight sponsors to see what they can do but rumor has it that sport optics is pretty good with hide members.

As for my ATACR I Love Love Love it. I am hardly OAF so FFP is not a requirement for me. The scope tracks as true as could ask. At the end of the day the scope will outperform me in every way shape and form it is awesome.

Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50.
Get it, use it, and if in time you determine your needs change it will be easy to sell.

Understand there are a lot of scopes that may need your needs. Giving more information on what exactly you intend to do with it will help with advice.

The NF NXS 5.5-22X550 with ZS and HST my favorite all around scope.

+1 for a Vortex Razor either a Gen 1 and save the rest of you money for ammo or up your price a little bit and get the new Gen 2.

I'll bet that new Gen II Razor will be close to $2000 street price after a few are out there, I'd wait and see and get one of those!!

Hell, I have a Vortex Razor HD 5-20 mil/mil in the for sale thread that comes with rings all new for 1900.00 shipped... There ya go

If your do not need the FFP the Nightforce SFP 5.5-22x50mm scope are out standing. If your looking for FFP the Vortex RZR, Bushnell Tactical line are very good, The NEW Steiner are going to be close to the price your looking for.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL