• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Best scope to get on a budget

postmabail

Stout Gremlin
Minuteman
  • Jan 3, 2020
    building a Remington 700 currently, 1st long range build so kinda new to this side of shooting and wondering what scope is the best to get under 1000$ I can get 50% off vortex and Leupold so the scopes could be 2,000$ from them looking for around like 3-16 or 5-25 honestly just need some input was looking at vortex vipers gen II but don’t really know what’s best. Thanks in advance🤙

Are you wanting a ffp or sfp optic? If you have the ability to get 50% off from vortex I would definitely look at the razor hd gen ii. My buddy has one on his creedmor and it’s a nice scope. The turret clicks are very positive and satisfying. Can you drop that 50% off promo code below for the rest of us? 😂

The vortex razor line and Leupold mk 5 are very good scopes.
    A few others to consider would be the swfa 3-15 and 5-20, Bushnell hdmr
    SWFA is a dang good scope for the money but I swear those things are harder to find than hens teeth

I can certainly vouch for the SWFA 3-15 being worth the money. I have four of their scopes right now and two of them are 3-15's.

Where did you find 50% off if you don’t mind me asking?

Fyi, 50% off Leupold and vortex msrp isn’t always that much of a deal.
    By checking around the great optics retailers here you may find them for a similar price.

Other than buying from SWFA themselves, where did you want to find them?
    I looked for one a good bit a few years ago to go on my lapua magnum. They are always on backorder or out of stock it seems like. As far as used options go they are scarce as well.

just wondering have you ever looked at a delta stryker's at 1600 you did not specify ffp or sfp if you could live with a sfp scope they are hard to beat for that price not to mention the option you have up to a 5 x50x56 34 mm scope just a suggestion of another option there you would have your 25 power if you want it or 16 power if that is your preference with more if you need it again its just a suggestion of another option . Good luck with which ever scope you decide to get it is an addicting hobby to get into .
    https://www.edgunwest.com/store/scopes/item/delta-stryker-hd-5-50x56-sfp/
    they also make a ffp 4.5 x30x56 34 mm

want to stick to a FFP and I get the discount from work I think im going to do the vortex razor... any suggestions on reticles don't know if I'm opening a can of worms or if its all just preference lol

In an effort to save you money in the long run, I suggest you do some research of your own. Sit behind some scopes to get a feel for what you like. You sound like you have no clue what your looking for and are just pissing into the wind.

No link in stores only.

How long have they been on sale? I couldn't find any info in any of their flyers. Looking online, it looks like all the local stores are sold out of the 3.6-18 which would easily be explained at that price.