• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Best setup for under $500

I’ve been reading through a bunch of threads like this and it seems like the buy once cry once is the way to go.

Going to start out with a quality set of red lights (Likely wicked) and then save up for thermal.

I started off with a Gen2+ M845 and eventually sold it because I was never as successful as I thought I should be. I recently went for a walk around a friend's farm house with my new FLIR Breach and a white weapon light and had more fun/success (skunks, raccoons, rabbits) than I collectively had with just NV.

IMHO a thermal spotter (helmet mounted is awesome) with a NV clip-on is the way to go. Can't wait to get a clip-on and go calling.

Reactions: YotaEer
I started off with a Gen2+ M845 and eventually sold it because I was never as successful as I thought I should be. I recently went for a walk around a friend's farm house with my new FLIR Breach and a white weapon light and had more fun/success (skunks, raccoons, rabbits) than I collectively had with just NV.

IMHO a thermal spotter (helmet mounted is awesome) with a NV clip-on is the way to go. Can't wait to get a clip-on and go calling.

With more thought, I’ve also been looking at this option to get started. Thermal monocular/scanner and a red weapon light. My only concern is they’ll spook with the light.

I’ve had some success going out early morning and calling but would also like to try at night.

Last edited:
I believe you'll be shocked of the quality and clarity of the Wraith paired with an upgraded Sniper Hawg 50LRX or the bigger 66LRX IR light

I recently saw someone ask this question in a thermal/nv group and the answer was buy a thermal scanner and a light. Everyone recommended the agm asp micro scanner.

$500 is not enough for anything Gen 3 or probably even Gen 2.

If you really want to spend under $500 I would look at the Sionyx Auroras. They've had one or two decent sales over the past year.