• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Best single malt scotch

Oban 14 year old. If you haven’t tried it you can thank me later.

I've been lurking but registered to reply.
Oban, Talisker, Kilchoman (Machir Bay), Laphroig (quarter cask), Lagavulin 16, Tamdhu, Glenmorangie (Nectar D'or), Balvenie (double wood, Caribbean), Ardbeg.

Personnaly I feel $60-80 is often the sweet spot for really good scotch. Sure a few more years smooths it some, but it's usually not needed.
Good list. The 14y Balvenie Caribbean cask is one of my favorites.

The idea that you need to pay hundreds for a decent bottle is silly. Age doesn’t necessarily mean a scotch is good either. Sure, it’s more likely that an expensive 20+y bottle will be nice, but there are plenty of gems under $100. This is true of all spirits.

I still think rittenhouse, plastic cap and all is one of the better ryes I’ve had. Grey goose is meh and patron is horrendously overpriced for what it is, for example. I’d take a $30 bottle of pasote over patron any day.

99% of drinkers wouldn’t know the difference between a good $80 bottle and a $275 bottle when it comes to blind tastings. Expensive scotch has become a status symbol more than anything else..: it’s like liquid Gucci and I’m not impressed. Price does not necessarily mean quality when it comes to booze. Even scotch.

This one would be my favorite if I had a super rich friend to buy it for me😁
26732F55-9A97-47E6-8B2E-91BD20A08D80.jpeg

This one would be my favorite if I had a super rich friend to buy it for me😁View attachment 7642723
I'll raise you. Macallan sold a bottle for $460,000. I want to know what $460,000 tastes like. If only I had that type of expendable cash!

I'll raise you. Macallan sold a bottle for $460,000. I want to know what $460,000 tastes like. If only I had that type of expendable cash!
Better come with a private jet, 12 hookers and a kilo or two of blow for that much coin!!😁

We have a local distillery here in Waco TX, Balcones. They aren’t allowed to call it scotch but they make it to a scotch recipe and process. They have won gold medals in Scotland for their single malt and it is quite badass. Around $75 a bottle locally, don’t know where you are or if you can get it but it’s well worth a sip if you can.