• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors best suppressor for a first time buyer

6.5creedmoor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Looking at getting my first suppressor and not totally sure on which one to get. I will be using it on a 243 ai , 308 , 6.5cm , 223 , and a 300blk. Been looking at either the aac cyclone or the 762-sd. Any kinda help is appreciated.

Looking at getting my first suppressor and not totally sure on which one to get. I will be using it on a 243 ai , 308 , 6.5cm , 223 , and a 300blk. Been looking at either the aac cyclone or the 762-sd. Any kinda help is appreciated.

Maybe alittle more info on what you shoot the most would help? All bolt guns or semi auto's?

Its going to be used 95 percent of the time on a bolt gun

Thanks, I would encourage you to see yourself what others are running for precision bolt guns but I think you are going to find a lot of thunderbeast owners.

Also pm me if you are looking for a local dealer. I get all mine in Mesa and the owner does demo shoots so you can test your equipment while you wait for your stamp to come in

I know it's probably not the answer you are looking for but for your first can get a rim fire I use mine 10X more than my other cans combined

I know it's probably not the answer you are looking for but for your first can get a rim fire I use mine 10X more than my other cans combined

Unless you don't use rim fire. Since it's going to be on a bolt gun 95% of the time, I wouldn't think qd is a high priority. I guess it depends on how much your willing to spend.

Who is John Galt?

For your intended use on a bolt gun I would consider a Thunder Beast 30P-1 or the 30BA or 30CB if you are willing to wait for it to release. I've used a lot of suppressors and own a number of them and I have to say that I am impressed with the quality of the Thunder Beast 30 cal cans and I really like the fact that the company is very responsive to our little niche of the shooting community.

If you need a local dealer for TBAC, send Donr13 or myself a PM and we can point you in the right direction.

Also, if you shoot a bunch of rimfire, I would put together the extra cash for a 22 suppressor, suppressed 22LR is absolutely awesome and the cans are cheap enough that combining one with a 30 cal can will combine the wait all into one because you're going to want one. They are a lot of fun!

I really like my Cyclone and have zero complaints with it. The finish doesn't seem to be very durable (or I'm too rough with it) but aesthetics is not even on my radar, so it isn't a complaint for me. I just know some people don't like scratched shit.... Anyway, the performance is fantastic and 300blk sounds like the blow gun on my air compressor (maybe quieter). With that said, I would have gone with a TBAC if I wouldn't have had to wait for a form 3 transfer. It will definitely be my next .30 cal suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderbeast or Templar Tactical for a precision .30cal can. I say .30 cal so you can use it on anything .30 and below, most are rated to 24" 300WM.

I will agree with the first can being a .22LR. If you have any .22 firearms in the safe, do yourself a big favor and get a can for them. I use it the most also.

AAC 762-SDN-6

If you go to this site you can print out your trust in as little as ten minutes..

NFA Gun Trust Kit: Get your NFA Gun trust in as little as ten minutes.

ONLY $239
No Law Enforcement Signature needed
No Finger Print Cards
No Citizenship Form
No Passport Photo's
Can be used for form 1 and form 4 filings
Multi-users
Don't leave your loved ones wondering what to do with your NFA items.
HAS BEEN AND CONTINUES TO BE APPROVED BY THE ATF/NFA BRANCH..

I will also say Thunderbeast; however, my first was a relatively inexpensive steel yankee hills phantom 30-cal and I still love it. It is heavy as balls but quiet and accurate. If you never shoot a titanium can, you'll be happy with a steel can; but if you do ever shoot a titanium can, you'll notice every time you shoot something heavier.
If these are bench guns, mostly range work, buy a steel can and spend the extra money on ammo and range time. If you will be shooting AND moving, titanium is the way to go. And if you go titanium, get a Thunderbeast.

Not that I have heard of and I don't foresee it being a common issue as it is a rather robust can. The machine work on mine is very good.

Has anyone on here shot out a thunderbeast suppressor where it had to go back and be re baffled

There you go, an answer direct from thunderbeast. Now get that paperwork started ASAP! You already could have been a month closer to a can in hand by now.

I went through this in Feb 2014. I shoot 6.5x47, 300wm, 30.06, .270, 6br, 6dasher bolt guns, and my M1A's, FAL, and ARs. If I HAD to pick one can to use on ALL of them, I would choose a SWR Specwar7.62. Heavy…yes..but its full auto rated and has minimal POI shift. I fortunately had enough scratch to buy a TBAC 30P-1 for my precision rifles and the Specwar 7.62 to run on my semi's or bolts if wanted. Now this was back before the new 2014 TBAC models came out. So maybe TBAC now offers a 30cal can that is full auto rated with a quick detach….