• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best tasting protien bars and shakes

Re: Best tasting protien bars and shakes

I think optimum nutrition has the best tasting powder... I also like muscle milks.

As for bars, I would promax bars.

Probably the best tasting protein bars are the ones with some Carbs (sugar) and fat. I used many different bars and some taste pretty decent. I have a bunch of Met RX bars along with protein packages in my BOB.

That reminds me they have been in there for about a year and need to be changed out.

If you get a high protein bar without carbs and fat, your body will break down the protein and use it for energy. That's not good. Try to balance, carbs, fats, and protein.

Muscle Milk has always tasted the best, but my favorite supplements are the ones that I custom order with exactly what I want/ don't want.

trueprotein.com - you can make your own supplements.

Any opinions on EAS flavors of whey protein? Just saw it for a really good price locally and am considering it.

Syntha 6 strawberry, ON Chocolate and VPX No synthasize grape bubblegum is great for a change up also.

The Detour is, by far, the best tasting protein bar I've ever had; the closest thing to a Snickers with 30 grams of protein. A little bit of fat though; 11 grams.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any opinions on EAS flavors of whey protein? Just saw it for a really good price locally and am considering it. </div></div>

I think EAS "100% Whey Protein" tastes great. I get it at Sam's Club for super cheap. I've been drinking it for a year and I just switch between chocolate and vanilla every other time. They both taste great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pea Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I started bike ridding last year I found most the riders I ride with use the Cliff bars, there did help me reach my goal of a 100 mile ride and I found the mini bars are great for those quick food every two hours it helps me from eating as much at meal time. </div></div>

+1 for the Cliff bars

I do like the premixed Isopure protein, but my favorite is going to be the Muscle Milk chocolate shake. I have it almost every day after I workout.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any opinions on EAS flavors of whey protein? Just saw it for a really good price locally and am considering it. </div></div>

I think EAS "100% Whey Protein" tastes great. I get it at Sam's Club for super cheap. I've been drinking it for a year and I just switch between chocolate and vanilla every other time. They both taste great.
</div></div>

thanks, that is the kind of confirmation I was after. I'll give the chocolate a go next time I am in Sams.

I've been a fan of 4ever fit for the past two years. Their fruit blast isolate is my protein of choice...24 grams of protein per serving (one scoop), only 100 calories, no fat, no cholestrol plenty of good aminos, and no sugar. It mixes great in a shaker with little effort and tastes pretty good. I like it as my after work out snack. Cost is relatively low compared to other brands.

As far as taste I would have to say the syntha 6 in chocolate, but I actually take the ON Whey as its lower calories and higher protein. I seem to only can stomach the fruit punch as crazy as it sounds its actually pretty good. I've tried cake batter (had to throw over 3lbs away) and the chocolate. Both tasted awful to me, but I did it for the nutrition not the taste. As far as bars go the clif bars are great. Lots of protein and all natural.

Oh yea can't believe I forgot the ON Casein Protein in the blueberries and cream for nighttime protein. It actually taste better to me than even the syntha 6. Especially if you use milk instead of water to mix it.

I believe any of the aforementioned Opitmum Nutrition protein powders are quite possibly the best in my opinion and I have tried them all over the last 20 plus years. I have moved over to the Pro Complex and Hydrowhey formulations because of their increased benefits. But all of their powders are finely granulated and mix extremely well with very little liquid as compared to many other powders. Some of the Muscle Milk stuff might have the best taste, but you also get a lot more fat and less substance, so given that I still think for taste, benefits, and mixing Pro Complex or Hydrowhey is the way to go.

Also the question to ask is how much extra bullshit your protein has in it.

Like muscle milk, that's more of a meal replacement than straight protein.

What I take has few calories (yes protein has calories)
and no carbs.

I really like Intek Evolution; mid-to-low calorie uptake combined with a great taste.

Sometimes I'll mix one scoop BSN Syntha 6 with one scoop Intek Evolution.

The taste is great and you'll get about 50 grams of protein.

when i took protien, some of the best stuff i took was myoplex deluxe chocloate peanut butter, expensive, but thick good stuff.

i like gaspari intrapro or myofusion protein shakes.

I can now confirm the chocolate EAS whey protein is good stuff, I got it recently and the taste is great. It's a little thin when made with water, but still good. I will try some 1% milk (I don't like skim's texture) and see if it's the right consistency that way.

This is:
8 0z water
4 oz whole milk or cream
1/4 cups whole rolled oats -fiber
2-3 full graham crackers -carbs
1 scoop gold standard chocolate whey
2 eggs
1-3 tablespoons peanut butter -protein, EFA's, carbs

I've mostly used ON for my protein, but I recently tried some LaBrada, mixes up great, really good on the taste too. Has a little more carbs and fat than ON protein though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any opinions on EAS flavors of whey protein? Just saw it for a really good price locally and am considering it. </div></div>

</div></div>

+1, but I like EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control more for what's not in it. It has 17g of protein with only 3g of fat, 2g of carbs, no sugars, and only 110 calories. I've yet to find something with at least that much protein and less fat, carbs, and calories.

The Dymatize ISO-100 I mentioned above has 25g protein, 0g fat, 0g carbs, no sugars and 106 calories. Is is the cleanest, most efficient product on the market right now. The protein is also hydrolized whey (a process your body puts the whey protein through before absorption) so your actual uptake percentage increases.

I like the Clif Builder Peanut Butter bars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the Clif Builder Peanut Butter bars. </div></div>

+1 to Clif bars in general.

Titan bars if you arent trying to watch carbs/calories. Bio-Why apple cinnamon flavor is like a oatmeal cookie mouthgasm, especially if you use 2% milk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARbowhunter7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dymatize ISO-100 I mentioned above has 25g protein, 0g fat, 0g carbs, no sugars and 106 calories. Is is the cleanest, most efficient product on the market right now. The protein is also hydrolized whey (a process your body puts the whey protein through before absorption) so your actual uptake percentage increases. </div></div>

Picking up some today. Thanks.

All I drink is EAS protein in the 5lb bag from Sam's club. Mixes easy and goes down smooth. Chocolate is better than vanilla but they're both good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I drink is EAS protein in the 5lb bag from Sam's club. Mixes easy and goes down smooth. Chocolate is better than vanilla but they're both good. </div></div>

What does the 5 lb EAS run at Sams Club?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARbowhunter7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jammer61</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I drink is EAS protein in the 5lb bag from Sam's club. Mixes easy and goes down smooth. Chocolate is better than vanilla but they're both good. </div></div>

What does the 5 lb EAS run at Sams Club?</div></div> I can't remember off the top of my head but some where in the mid to high $20's. I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time.

Met-Rx Protein Plus Powder in Vanilla with some skim milk is the best tasting shake i've tasted. Pretty inexpensive too. 'Pure Protein' bars in whatever flavor are the best bars i've ever had by far.

I'm extremely tired of the whole constant peanut butter and dang chocolate protein bars. But with the above two things, i've hardly gotten tired of it in about a year of use.

Just so you DON'T get tired of any certain one though... be sure to get your protein from natural sources too... Fish, beans, nuts, and some good 'ol 'merican grilled burgers are great for dinner and muscle recovery.

Don't overdo protein either, over providing protein won't help at all, your body will recognize it as waste and treat it as such, and you won't be getting the most out of your 'protein bars' regardless of how many you eat.

gasprin myfousion the best tasting for sure

I have tried various different protein powders and bars over the last decade and honestly for the price it is really hard to beat some of the stuff you can find at good ole Costco. The Pure Protein bars are great tasting, decent protein content 20g, low calories 180-200g and very low sugar 2-3g. They are about $1 per bar which isn't bad. Also, you can get 100% whey protein made by CytoSport for about $35. The 6 lb bag has 78 servings, good protein content 27g, low calories 140, low sugar 1g and best of all it mixes easily in water or milk depending on your goal. Great additions to your diet for low cost leaving more money for the toys.

didn't go through all the post, but the Honey Stingers are pretty damn good.

Their waffles are awesome, organic, all natural and taste great.