• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best torque tool for AI AT?

P3T3R

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2011
Kent, United Kingdom
Hi, I'm buying an AT next month and was wondering what your preferred torque tools are for it, I have a wheeler fat wrench but was also looking at the fix it sticks for a more portable option.

I use the Borka Precision Torque Limiter and their expanded field kit...they are the best field tools IMHO.

I love my Borka set as well and have multiple limiters - it has yet to let me down. Boris is also very easy to work with and truly cares about his customers.

Borka has a specific torque bit for A,I plus a specific long bit to fit the stock. They also offer and adjustable torque wrench. Boris at Borka is one of the nicest guys you could ever buy from too.

+1 for the Borka. I use the Precision Torque Limiters. Ordered the limiters specific for the AIAT barrel and Spuhr ISMS mounts along with the tool kit. I keep the tool kit in my range bag. The torque bits came in handy when I had to take the skins off my AI. Also Boris is a great guy to do business with.

Lots of votes for the Borka, unfortunately there don't seem to be any suppliers over here in the UK, but I have got a couple of weeks in the states in October so I'll pick one up then I think. Will just use my fat wrench for now. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Fix it sticks here. Nothing to complain about, and I prefer the compactness of their kit. It fits nicely in the pack, enough to be forgotten about until that time I need a precision wrench at the range or in the field. They've saved my butt quite a few times...

I use Fix It Sticks for my AI AT.

Adam at Sporting Services is your man for them. I bought the deluxe kit which has a nice pouch for my range bag and it includes the 49lb in for the AT barrel, and also 15, 25 and 65 which are perfect for my rings/bases. Very happy with the kit for my AT.

I use my Wheeler FAT wrench for my AT barrel changes and all my scope and stock needs.

Last edited:
Lots of votes for the Borka, unfortunately there don't seem to be any suppliers over here in the UK, but I have got a couple of weeks in the states in October so I'll pick one up then I think.
I would send an email to Boris. Like I said, he is a good man. Never hurts to ask...