• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best trigger for a preicison AR10?

CST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2002
Md
what is the best 2 stage trigger out there for a match\sniper\SPR AR .308 platform? I keep hearing about the Geiselle but seems like the SSAs are more for field\combat weapons. Besides the expensive adjustable modesl from Geiselle are there other good triggers out there>?

Re: best trigger for a preicison AR10?

for a cheap option i really like the RRA 2 stage, i have heard nothing but plus for a Geiselle SSA for a working gun as well

SSA-E is another option. 2 stage, 3.5lbs total pull. They're hard to find in stock right now, but a few websites have them for short periods or are available for back order and email alerts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SSA-E is another option. 2 stage, 3.5lbs total pull. They're hard to find in stock right now, but a few websites have them for short periods or are available for back order and email alerts.</div></div>

This

Geissele Hi-Speed w/DMR or Match spring. I know it is expensive but you said you're looking for the best but then excluded it in your post.

Is the rifle something that you'd grab in a SHTF scenario? If not I would definitely consider one of the higher dollar 2 stage competition triggers. If so then I would consider something else. Goose made a good point and I am with him in regards to it's a battle rifle. I made my rifle set up for a SHTF scenario, so I went to a 2 stage RRA trigger. Reason being a friend of mine got some dirt in his Geiessele and it caused problems (running through a carbine course). Mine kept plugging along. The RRA is a definite improvement to the single stage stock trigger, but I believe is a little more environmentally stronger than the high dollar comp triggers. Then with the money you save you can get some ammo and shoot the rifle! It's a win win..haha.

Edit: Punctuation

ar gold SR trigger...

If this is a bench rifle, a Geissele Hi-Speed would fit the bill nicely. I have one Hi-speed Match trigger in stock that I could get out to you today.

is there any concern about adjustment screws scoming loose on the Geiselle triggers

i've got a couple thousand suppressed rounds on my Geiselle hi-speed trigger, and it remains set. A propery adjust geiselle is quality. When you adjust your trigger you have to decide what you are going to be doing with it. There are some settings the user could choose which may "feel" better or be better for the bench that are not suited for a carbine course. Ie you can get away with a short overtravel adjustment but you cannot get away with zero or barely there overtravel..

Wilson Combat make both a single and double stage non adj. drop in. I have the single stage in my LR-308 with 200 rnds through it and let me tell you what a smooth trigger.

I own almost all of them and for me there is only one, geissele.

SR Gold (308 verion of the AR Gold). Simple drop-in and shoot.
laugh.gif

This <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zebra308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilson Combat make both a single and double stage non adj. drop in. I have the single stage in my LR-308 with 200 rnds through it and let me tell you what a smooth trigger. </div></div>

Iron Ridge Arms makes a great single stage trigger. Mine breaks around 4lbs, judging by feel. Breaks real clean, no take up what so ever, nice solid trigger. Heavier, harder steel, and wider trigger pad too. It feels like shooting a bolt gun. I like it alot because its almost as good as my Rem700P. I posted here before about a trigger problem with this, but it was my smith who got the pins mixed up and has been fixed.

What are your thoughts on the POF T.I.T.S. trigger compared to other single stage triggers?

i've heard really good things about the wilson drop in single stage and the AR gold

No love for Timney?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geiselle. SSA if SHTF rifle, Match if not. </div></div>

+1 have both and you really can't go wrong with either one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your thoughts on the POF T.I.T.S. trigger compared to other single stage triggers? </div></div>

I really like the feel of the POF trigger. When I first checked one out I guessed it to be about 3lbs, but it averaged just over 4.5 on a pull guage. Never would have guessed.....

They are really crisp and clean. I just prefer 2 stage in AR's and smallbores.

I took a Jewel trigger out of an ar-15 and put it in my ar-10t .
I had to mill the sear to get it to work. At 1.5lb it emptied the clip so i run it at 2.5lbs and I love it .

Get the Geiselle SSA and don't look back, I just put one in my rifle and couldn't believe it was a non-adjustable 2 stage. Far superior to the RRA and worth way more than the $50.00ish price difference.

I just "pulled the trigger" on a Geiselle SSA-E for a POF. FYI WOA has them in stock.

geiselle is bar none the best

Whats the difference between the "Geissele Designated Marksman Adjustable Trigger" and the "Geissele Match Rifle Adjustable Trigger"?

It seems that the 1st & 2nd stage weights are about the same.

the only difference is the 1st stage and 2nd stage weights, they are not the same. all three highspeed triggers (DMR,Match, and Service)are the same trigger, the only difference between the three are the different tensioned springs that accompany the triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SA_Friday</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JP single stage. </div></div>

I second that.

I've had the jewell and quickly returned.

I've got the Geiselle Match and I also installed the DMR in an identical AR10 rifle for a friend. The match is really light. I've sent multiple accidental rounds downrange after trying to hold trigger position after a shot. Wish I woulda kept the DMR. I question how long the set screw are going to stay put w/o a little glue.

I spoke to a guy named Leroy Johnson out of Bakersfield, who is a BR gunsmith. His preferred trigger assy is to take a factory single stage and cut/weld/re-time and pretty much re-do the whole thing. One of these days I'm going to have him make me one just to try it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.geissele.com/

service rifle weights.
</div></div>

That link is useless, They have unplugged the info on their site for some reason. Where can I find more info, if anyone knows? Thanks

Get a hold of Bill Springfield, did and awesome job on my factory trigger.

So no difference between AR-10 and AR-15 triggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So no difference between AR-10 and AR-15 triggers?</div></div>

Depends on brand. With Geissele, no. My match has been in an AR-15 lower w/ dedicated .22LR upper and .223. Now in AR-10. Some brands don't have enough hammer spring to ignite all primers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iamsniper1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a hold of Bill Springfield, did and awesome job on my factory trigger. </div></div>

+1 on a Bill Springfield trigger job, but not if you want a single stage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So no difference between AR-10 and AR-15 triggers?</div></div>

Depends on brand. With Geissele, no. My match has been in an AR-15 lower w/ dedicated .22LR upper and .223. Now in AR-10. Some brands don't have enough hammer spring to ignite all primers. </div></div>Thank you.

I have been shooting the "Two Stage Tactical" that came in the lower from Armalite. It does leave something to be desired.

At a class I was assisting with, Geoff Corn took a look at it and noticed there was quite a bit of creep. He has it right now, we will see what it feels like when I get it back from him.

If I had to replace it I would probably go with a Geissele DMR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been shooting the "Two Stage Tactical" that came in the lower from Armalite. It does leave something to be desired.

At a class I was assisting with, Geoff Corn took a look at it and noticed there was quite a bit of creep. He has it right now, we will see what it feels like when I get it back from him.

If I had to replace it I would probably go with a Geissele DMR. </div></div>x2, I'm pretty sure it is the same trigger that I have, the one that came in the Armalite "National Match" parts kit. While it isn't the worst trigger I've ever felt, I will admit that having an AI will spoil you, and I will be replacing it with a Giessele, though in my case it will probably be an SSA-E.

The NM trigger in my Armalite AR-10T has spoiled me...2.5# first stage, 4.5# second. All my AR-15's had 2 stage triggers also.

I have been happy with the 2 stage NM Armalite as well in the AR10. A very robust
design as well. Took a bit of work to get the RRA 2 stage to be as nice and it doesn't have as much surface contact as the Armalite. 2 Stage triggers have been
on battle rifles since the early Mausers and maybe before that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigwheeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 Stage triggers have been
on battle rifles since the early Mausers and maybe before that. </div></div>

Manual transmissions have been in cars since they were invented. There is very little in common between the early and later designs.