• New Site Changes

View thread We just went through a pretty major site upgrade, so if you see any issues feel free to post them here

Best way to rid Krylon off a HS P Stock

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Meridian, MS
Anybody got any idea of the best agent to remove Camo krylon off a HS stock?? Alcohol , Acetone?? I'm all ears. Thanks fellas

565fitter

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
you might wanna be careful with that. I've seen acetone eat away plastic. not sure what it could do to fiberglass. I think I've seen organic paint remover.

Papa Zero Three

Quiet Professional
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2012
Directly under the sun
Finger nail polish remover (acetone) and or Citrus based cleaners (citriclean) on a rag/cottonball/q-tip will remove rattle can paint with very little elbow grease. I've used it on synthetic buttstocks/parts with no ill effects but just to be safe, test it on a small area first.

DFOOSKING

SoDak Cat
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2009
    Iceshack Village, Buttfuck Nowhere
    Degreaser is often used in pre-prep for paint.

If it was harmful to a paint finish it wouldn't be used.

If you wanna remove paint get acetone, lacquer thinner....heck aircraft stripper.

If your just gonna reshoot it again....just sand it smooth and reshoot it.

Paint is about foundations. If the original base layer is applied properly and sanded....you can spray right over the top as long as their is no chemical reactions.

Usually when you mix oddball paint makes is when you have issues but not always.

Parts that are thin, brittle, made of plastic need special precautions when sanding/stripping.

Make sure everything is dry and clean prior to spraying. Cleaners/degreasers/oils/ left on the surface can cause mottling or fish eyes.

Last edited:

Nate O.

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 2, 2011
    South Dakota
    acetone will work as all the others have said....I've said it before and i'll say it again.."Proper Prior Preparation Plus Primer Prevents Piss Poor Paint Performance"