• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Better High Speed Turrets than March?

goatsie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2009
Meridian, ID.
So I just finished a coues deer hunt (successful!) I have a March 5-32x52. The scope is amazing, flawless...except the turrets were a bit of a pain, the 1/8 clicks were brutal when shooting a deer at 600 yards (66 clicks up for my 6.5 creedmoor). Is their hunting turret any better? I am very hesitant getting rid of the scope, but I just struggle taking so long to dial elevation. Any recommendations? Am I not using the turret properly?

If I am reading that right you have 1/8moa adjustments correct? I can understand why your having a hard time counting 'clicks' but your thinking about it all wrong. I would dial 8moa + 2 clicks ( 1/8 = .125moa , 8 clicks per MOA, 66/8 = 8.25 moa )to get to your desired dope. Which should be easy assuming you zeroed the turret to 0. Just dial past 8 by two hash marks and done.

Also I am sure someone else will come along and explain it a whole lot better then I.

If I am reading that right you have 1/8moa adjustments correct? I can understand why your having a hard time counting 'clicks' but your thinking about it all wrong. I would dial 8moa + 2 clicks ( 1/8 = .125moa , 8 clicks per MOA, 66/8 = 8.25 moa )to get to your desired dope. Which should be easy assuming you zeroed the turret to 0. Just dial past 8 by two hash marks and done.

Also I am sure someone else will come along and explain it a whole lot better then I.

So would you suggest that I have my ballistics data output in MOA?

No, I think that pretty much sums it up.

to set the zero stop you turn the coin slot on the top of the elevation turret in, so it goes down. I believe this is clockwise, it will have an arrow showing you the direction to turn it.

to set the zero stop you turn the coin slot on the top of the elevation turret in, so it goes down. I believe this is clockwise, it will have an arrow showing you the direction to turn it.

I believe he was asking how to zero the turret, not set the ZS.

Joe

My 5x40 has the same knobs. You are turning twice the amount than on their other mil turrents on my 3x24. For me no big deal. It does give you the ability to dial closer than other. 20 clicks per mil vs 10 clicks per mil. That's all.