• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Knives Beware / Scammed

Btrain

Shooter up!
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
KS
Gents
It finally happened... I got scammed on someone approaching me based on a WTB ad I posted. I am only posting this to give pause to the risks involved. I have had many pleasant transactions on the Hide and got a bit complacent on Due Diligence. A few thoughts in Hein sight:

- Seller had over 100 posts on the site but no feedback
- When using PP it was charging me a small fee to proceed... It was minor and I disregarded it so I could get things paid and moving forward. Had I stopped and looked it up I would have seen its for International transactions - Account page said AZ.
- I should have (and will in the future) asked for some personal info (Phone number, full name, etc..) to complete verification / validation

All of the above should have given me pause to dig deeper but I got complacent and paid the price. I have moved on and am calling it the Price of Education, but hope someone else seeing this will take the extra beat to make sure you don't become a victim

BV

0d2847e8-671e-4245-ad25-e93f5243b7d6-jpeg.7903393

Yep... Should have looked at it earlier

How much was it? Hopefully it wasn't a big loss...has the username been reported/banned?

325 / When I inquired with the Mods to get additional information - Found out that they had been banned for not following through on another transaction... All of this was within a few days - My guess is they hit what they can and then move on to another user name or site.

Reactions: lash
Thank you for sharing...hope we all are forewarned. Lessons are sometimes more expensive.

Reactions: Btrain
Some guy from AZ just tried to get me, +1 (602) 899-1258, username rollingdice
He replied to a WTB and sent me pics from a years old ad, when asked for a confirmation pic with number and date, he photoshopped it in and sent it to me. Be careful out there. Luckily I didn’t pay him

WTB advert = invitation to be scammed.

Shouldn’t be, it’s a sad testament to our modern times, but it is nonetheless true IMO
Concur, I am still amazed at how people can have such a lack of pride and be such pieces of shit scammers. I wish the internet computer (magic box) guru's could find them and DOX them.

Reactions: srt_1