• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

VIEW THREAD

Feedback  Avoid Fraud With This Feature

laurenf

Private
Staff member
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2021
Before you take part in a purchase or sale, check the feedback section of the buyer or seller's profile to see feedback from previous experiences with that user. Member profile>Feedback Stats. If a user doesn't have much feedback, proceed at your own risk. If you do complete a purchase, do everyone else a favor and add your own feedback for that user which is also done from the user's profile.
1619450042845.png

Sprayed99

WJK 4-9-18
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2012
    DFW TX
    I’ve seen on several forums where accounts are getting hacked as well. They look for members with a good reputation and post items under their names.
    This happened with a moderator account recently. This is why calling people, getting copies of up to date drivers license, and asking for photos with the screen name of the seller and date in the photo are other good items to insure a solid transaction.

Last edited:

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    Recently completed a sale for $6500
    Took pics as requested
    Had buyers name on a paper with date and rifle in pics “ hostage pic” to ensure item is in their possession and available

Exchanged phone numbers for texting

Reviewed the feedback of buyer

always have had great transactions but be sure to protect yourself

there also new sites that will hold money in transactions till both parties are satisfied

Nooch13

In Hoc Signo Vinces
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017
    Ocala, FL
    Not to over simplify things, but would dramatically upping the password length and feature requirements help more?

Black Lotus

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Texas
    www.tacswap.com
    Not to over simplify things, but would dramatically upping the password length and feature requirements help more?

Yes. It will deter a lot of attempting hackers but also being careful with what you click online, especially email, and keeping your passwords unpredictable throughout any of your online accounts (don't use same passwords for each of your accounts) would be just as important.

However, it is most important to have "Two-step verification" enabled from your "Password and security" section in "Your account." Doing so will have the most effective protection, especially from those that may successfully enter with the correct password. They'd have to get a temporary code from you to log in at that point.

DamnDave

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Dec 7, 2009
    California
    Any way I can get my older feedback reinstated? I had a few before the website change and now it shows me as having none.

deersniper

Ahead of the curve.
    Supporter
    Banned !
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Scammers give each other feedback.

If any sketchy ness, ask for a picture of their Id with the item. Google the name and address. Make sure it looks legit. Send payment to that address

AngryKoala

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 30, 2020
    Scammers give each other feedback.

If any sketchy ness, ask for a picture of their Id with the item. Google the name and address. Make sure it looks legit. Send payment to that address

It seems the more you ask the seller to do the less chance it is a scam unless they are unwilling to comply. If they won't comply then it is probably a scam.

meat103

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 4, 2010
    VA
    Just had a guy on here trying to sell a Gap rifle 223 bolt. No reviews and sent me the address which after searching was a trailer park. Anyone have any dealings with this guy. Pictures attached. Just wanted a picture of him holding the gun. Nothing too bad.
    Screenshot_20210620-180943_Chrome.jpg

Downtown

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    I'm sorry, just the fact that someone who's been on the forum a week is selling a rifle is a huge no. Even discounting the fact that English is obviously his second language. Should probably be reported on that basis alone.

meat103

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 4, 2010
    VA
    Yeah me being a police officer just wanted to match his license with him holding the gun. He got butt hurt and backed out.

Downtown

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    I looked for one of the five posts he shows having, but search brought up nothing. Definitely a scammer, it appears.

meat103

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 4, 2010
    VA
    Yeah I told him shut down his scam atf will be knocking bam totally disappeared. Scumbags everywhere

Downtown

Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    It's a rather familiar pattern. Next he'll be answering someone's WTB ad with exactly what that person was looking for. Wouldn't surprise me if JKM10 from the Arcterex thread is his partner. I hope others are paying attention.

Reactions: flyfisher117

BigTy313

BigTy
    Minuteman
  • Dec 22, 2018
    MI
    Recently completed a sale for $6500
    Took pics as requested
    Had buyers name on a paper with date and rifle in pics “ hostage pic” to ensure item is in their possession and available

Exchanged phone numbers for texting

Reviewed the feedback of buyer

always have had great transactions but be sure to protect yourself

there also new sites that will hold money in transactions till both parties are satisfied
    what are those sites?

Iron Worker

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 10, 2005
    Nevada
    I was going to buy Sierra 6mm 110 MK off someone here who had a high rating . Typed email at paypal and was kicked back saying "Can't find this email " I called the cell# provided and it was disconnected .

shingi

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 11, 2019
    Hey guys is it normal for a FS thread to disappear? I posted on his FS thread and he did respond to my PM. But for some reasons his FS thread is gone after I made payment. I search under his name for thread that he posted and it’s not there. I see his other FS threads but not that one specifically. I search under my name for threads that I posted on and can’t find this thread either. Paid him couple days ago he responded that it will get shipped out today. He’s got some feedback dating back a few years so I wasn’t too concern, but the fact the FS thread is gone is somewhat wierd. Should I be concern? I did send a PM to lowlight but haven’t heard back yet. Any thoughts on this?

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    If there are odd triggers as you have encountered there are things you can do
    Have seller give pic of drivers license
    Ask for “ hostage pic “of rifle with today’s patter or anything you want on a piece of paper
    Offer to Send payment to address on drivers license only

meat103

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 4, 2010
    VA
    Yeah be careful with just the drivers license my scammer had a license and a address in a trailer park. Make them take a picture holding there license and then Google earth the address.