• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses BHTC 2 Day Intermediate/Advanced Precision Rifle 8/22-23-14, Lewistown, PA

fargo007

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2007
Bucks County, PA
www.bhtcorps.com
After numerous requests, we have just opened up an advanced precision rifle course for August 22-23. Full information is here:

Open Courses | BLACK HAT TRAINING CORPS

The course will be capped at the first 'qualified' 15 students that register. Course fee is $385.00.

Once the roster is full enough to run the course, we will send an email out with next steps.

We have to draw the line somewhere as to what the minimum amount of training would be in order to keep up and not slow the herd down. I think this is a reasonable approach that is as open as it can possibly be without affecting the pace of pursuing the course goals:

Any one of thes three things and you are G2G:

1 - have attended our Initial/Intermediate course.

or

2 - have attended professional long range rifle training from a trainer we recognize.

or

3 - are an active competition circuit shooter, which means we probably already know you.

Concepts:

BRM Review and tune-up

UKD review and tune up

Unsupported shooting (traditional NRA style positions)

More advanced trajectory concepts

Incorporating density altitude into your data

SBU prone, and creating a SBU dope card

Reticle workshop
Alternate range estimation techniques
Using the flat spot of the trajectory to advantage

Unorthodox shooting positions, and creating support where it doesn’t look like any is there:
Barricade
Using other gear elements

Effective deployment of Tripod/shooting sticks

Precision rifle Suppressors – what to expect, and why they are awesome.

Shooting more effectively under physical stress

Night fire (NV not required but bring it if you have it)

Course completion exams for certificate:
Individual effort long range marksmanship test: Scenario based.

If there are other elements you would like to see covered, please let us know via email or PM here.

We've tried to run this course a couple times before and couldn't get enough interest. Hopefully we will see you in August!

Freddy & Mike, BHTC

Hell yeah! Excited to see this one is on one of the very few weekends that my wife doesn't have packed with drudgery :) So I signed up. I have trained with SSG Little at Vapor Trails and am a competition shooter (or at least used to be before family stuff killed my schedule), so I should qualify.

Really hope this class goes. Thanks Freddy.

Freddy,
It looks like you edited the online enrollment form since when I first enrolled and now, adding additional information about the shooter's background and equipment, so I completed the new enrollment form. As such, you probably have two enrollments for me. Didn't mean to cause trouble, just wanted to make sure you had the correct information you need on me.
thanks
James

I'm in! Looking forward to it.

Freddy - in my submission, I entered my 260 as the rifle of choice but might go with new 7saum. Hope it's not a problem if rifle of choice is a game-time decision.

trebark - You are on the roster and fully Q'ed.

The 260 would really be best for a couple reasons. 1 - the last time we let a 7saum shoot our targets it fucked them up inside 500Y pretty good, sending us downrange like four times to replace targets and off to the shop afterwards to re-do a shitload of cracked/broken welds. Yeah, that caliber hits THAT hard. 2 - A *LOT* of what we're doing is going to be unsupported, lightly supported, or traditional position shooting. I'm all out of butterfly enclosures. I would totally bring it for the longer stuff though. It's G2G for that. The range is BMG friendly so we are even encouraging people to bring those if they want, but as a second/recreational gun.

So basically I'm saying bring 'em both.

/Fargo007

Would a MRAD .308 (with FGM175) be suitable for this course. I have not done any position shooting with it just a little prone and bench. How many instructors for 15 students?

Last edited:
It depends what kind of scope you have on there and how the rifle shoots accuracy wise but most likely yes. A sling is going to be required equipment for this and you should definitely have one on the rifle.

We will have two instructors and one line coach, whether we hit 15 or not.

--Fargo007

Freddy, just signed up tonite, hope you still have space. Had some trouble clearing my work schedule but classes like this are few and far between. Wether I made it or not, THANKS for offering it!
Mike

Thank you! Yes, that happened TWICE. Losing a calendar day is a big hit for a small training company.

We're not exactly full but definitely we have enough students that the course is going to run.

Looking forward to it a lot. I personally know most of the group to be proven long range shooters so I am excited about what we are going to be able to accomplish.

If you guys have particular topics of interest, post or PM me about them. I want to make sure we spend some time on everything you are all looking for.

--Fargo007

Thank you! Yes, that happened TWICE. Losing a calendar day is a big hit for a small training company.

We're not exactly full but definitely we have enough students that the course is going to run.

Looking forward to it a lot. I personally know most of the group to be proven long range shooters so I am excited about what we are going to be able to accomplish.

If you guys have particular topics of interest, post or PM me about them. I want to make sure we spend some time on everything you are all looking for.

--Fargo007

Glad it will be a class with experienced shooters.

Off the top of my head, would like to work on positional shooting and movers.

if I was only still back east I would be in there like swimwear. Great course with fun people.

The stuff I learned in the first course gave me a solid foundation and I have grown tremendously from it

Since I am a member of the Mifflin range and I have to be out that way early for personal reasons, I am going to hit the range late afternoon on Weds and most of the day on Thurs. So, if anyone is out that way and wants to meet at the range before the training for some practice and range recon give me a shout.

Freddie-

Question: what time are we starting Friday morning? I'm trying to decide if I should drive up Thursday evening, or make the drive at zero-dark-hundred Friday... I have a few items I have to do on Thursday evening on the home front. Thanks,

-Jammer

Freddy,
Thanks - Trebark and I will come rushing thru the door just as the bell rings at 0900...

Also guys,
Note the forecasted weather conditions:

Scattered rain/storms, foggy, temps 70s to 80s. The range has some shelter but you will still want some rain gear.