• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Big Buck Contest interest

Re: Big Buck Contest interest

ive drew mule deer and bull elk here in nevada, id be down for a contest.

I am thinking it would need to be divided into 3 groups 1. Biggest Bull Elk 2. Biggest Mule Deer Buck 3. Biggest Whitetail Buck
I am going to ask if the site sponsors would like to offer up hats, t-shirts, decals to the winners. I hope to finalize the contest rules and prizes as soon as the pole ends and I know there is enough interests to make it worth dealing with.

Gross scores because I can't stand deductions and they should get credit for everything they grow.

I run a deer contest down here in Texas.
www.venadogrande.com
One thing to consider is who'll be doing the scoring...
Good luck with the contest, I think it would be cool even if it's just for fun, bragging rights, and to see everyone's pictures and hear the hunting stories.
Good luck!

It would be hard to regulate if the prize was anything but bragging rights. Maybe put it under their user name for the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smaddox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be hard to regulate if the prize was anything but bragging rights. Maybe put it under their user name for the year. </div></div>

I will make this a rifle and muzzleloader contest and use the Boone and Crocket score system. IF I am able to get a hold of a few things from site sponsors and someone is willing to lie about an animals score just to get it then they must need it worse than everybody else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gross scores because I can't stand deductions and they should get credit for everything they grow. </div></div>

i agree nets are for fish

Im in but its going to be hard to compete with them boys from up north.. LA isn't known for there monster bucks but it well be fun non the less-Chaz

We should do biggest ears are feet on a slick head lol

We don't grow deer as well here as the rest of the country but I think it would be fun to be involved just see what others are doing!

Put me down, I'm going hunting in Alberta in October!

Going after this ones brother this fall. Sure I'm in.....

IMG_2249.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuke Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you also make shotguns ok? No rifle deer season in Illinois. If not I'm out. </div></div>

Shotty's are ok. No archery though, I am already in a contest on a Archery forum and this is after all a firearm forum. We will use the Boone and Crocket score system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackrifleops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In if Gunner75 is out! LOL, Great Deer! </div></div>

Who knows you could win with a spiker!

Very very true. Lot's of luck would come into play if I collected another such as I pictured.

Alright then, the pole has ended. If you all will be patient with me I will finalize some rules and regs. I am not going to get real crazy with them since I would like this to just be good clean fun. I hope to have something up by Monday or Tuesday for all of those who want to be included in the contest.

I have prize commitments from:

Lowlight- I am sure you know of him. He's kind of a BIG deal around here.
And

Jcvibby- JC Steel targets

Ceylonc- owner of Delta Outdoorsman.