• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Big Hats for Big Melons

JonnyHawes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2009
Bluefield, WV
www.facebook.com
Anyone know any vendors that make hats for us fellas with a larger than average cranium?

FlexFit L/XL hats are a joke on me. They are either too shallow, too tight, or both.

I don't care if they have velcro patches, I don't care if they have "Tactical" features/names, heck as long as they don't have a Pentagram/Swastika/Obama logo on it, I would just about wear it.

LOL. I feel your pain. I have a trash bag full of free hats that are too small for me. I wish the companies would spend a few more dollars and offer hats that fit, I will by hats that fit.

A friend of mine started fat headz sunglasses just for this reason. Maybe I'll tell him to add a hat department.

There are companies that offer larger hats. They are the snap type that will fit 7 1/2" with all the snaps together, if that makes sense. Usually i have to go at least 3-4 snaps out, but not on these. I'll see if I can get that info today.

I'm with you guys, I have a big head.. Flex Fit L/XL give me an instant headache.

"REGGIE MATTHEWS" Reggie Matthews Promotions | Raleigh, NC 27604

These guys make my ultimate ball cap.
Nice olive green cotton caps with a simple peak and 6 panels.

AI / Remington / others use these as promo hats and in my book they are THE hat. I'd say give them a call and chase a couple down brother.

Tilly hats make lrg size hats. Very high quality

Bingo! I've been wearing Tilley's for about 10-12 years (I have 3). All my buddies admire them - and I've probably given away 6-7 as gifts. (An expensive gift :roll eyes:).

One hat that I bought for a buddy was a 7 5/8". He was complaining that he has a big head and could not find a decent hat to fit him. Well, the Tilley fits perfectly. He luv's it.

I highly recommend looking into Tilley hats. The key is - taking an accurate measurement of your head before ordering. It's a 2 person job. You will need help to be accurate.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm on the other end of the spectrum looking for hats that are smaller than the usual one size fits all.

I just got a free Berger Bullets hat in the mail,wow is this thing small. My son who is 17 months old can wear it. On the other end of the spectrum my hat from Sierra bullets fits great with my fat noggin.