• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn Origin Action

AE287

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2019
I am looking at buying a Bighorn Origin action after doing some research. Before I do though, I wanted to see what else was out there between $800-$1000 that you guys would recommend. I looked at the ARC Nucleus as well. Thanks

If you want to spend a little less money get you a Origin. If you can afford to spend a bit more get a defiance tenacity. I’d get the Tenacity because I think stainless steel is a bit more durable but I’m not a metallurgist. The origin is the way to go if you can’t afford the extra cost. It’ll do everything you want it to do and the savings will go a long way towards buying a trigger, barrel or whatever. Altus shooting has both the Origin and Tenacity and they’re in your price range. The good folks at Altus have all sorts of nice things and awesome customer service.

Reactions: Average guy
The origin is pretty great for the price and bighorn/Zermatt custom service is awesome. The Mack Bros. looks interesting but untill a few more make it out into the wild and prove themselves I'm going to hold off. The only other action in the sub 1k range I really like a lot is the kelbly atlas, that thing is crazy smooth.

Last edited:
Reactions: AE287
Just get the Origin!! Gives you so many barrel options for the now and the future. Any savage pre-fit with a barrel nut, shouldered Origin barrels and shouldered TL3 barrels (with the use of the Hunts Long Range recoil lug).

Reactions: AE287