• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bighorn origin mag

Mdfowlman2

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2020
Just purchased as bighorn origin and plan to put it on a krg bravo stock. As I was ordering the AICS mags for the stock it asks if I need them with or without the restrictor plate, I can’t seem to find the answer.
Any help is much appreciated

Just purchased as bighorn origin and plan to put it on a krg bravo stock. As I was ordering the AICS mags for the stock it asks if I need them with or without the restrictor plate, I can’t seem to find the answer.
Any help is much appreciated
You can run either or. If you're going to run a longer OAL, get them without the binder plate.

Thank you - Ray

Id just get without, I even notched my rem feed ramp when I still had some custom rem actions. Theres nothing to lose without the restrictor plate, the longer oal will let you chase lands longer.

Reactions: Mdfowlman2
My Origin was the exact same. A 6.5cm and in a Bravo. I have used both with and without binder plates and both worked perfectly. If i was buying again I would go without for the same reason many have stated above, you get more overall length without giving much up.

Reactions: Mdfowlman2
Yep, only reason there is a spacer in the mag is because the rem 700 aics chassis requires it. Once you notch rem feed ramp or use most custom actions, the spacer isn't required. The ai ae mk2 and mk3 don't require the spacer in the mag either. Literally only needed for a factory 700 action.

This is not directly inline with the OP's initial question but seems to be related. I am planning to run a Bighorn Origin in 6.5 CM with a KRG Bravo chassis, as several of you are doing as well, and was curious if you know if the Magpul PMAG 10 7.62 AC AICS style magazines will work with this arrangement? I am curious since I have a few of them laying around from my previous rifle.

This is not directly inline with the OP's initial question but seems to be related. I am planning to run a Bighorn Origin in 6.5 CM with a KRG Bravo chassis, as several of you are doing as well, and was curious if you know if the Magpul PMAG 10 7.62 AC AICS style magazines will work with this arrangement? I am curious since I have a few of them laying around from my previous rifle.

Should work just fine

With factory ammo my pmags worked great, but they were a little too short for my handloads. If you are shooting factory ammo or not loading them long you could be fine.

I run 4 pmags with my 6.5cm. I can load to 30 thou off my lands before OAL gets too long with 147’s. They feed and function well out of my CDI Bottom Metal

Good to know that they should work, thank you for the replies everyone. Much appreciated.