• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BigPiney Tactical Match

Re: BigPiney Tactical Match

This will actually be my first match. So try not to snicker too much!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 21Bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This will actually be my first match. So try not to snicker too much!</div></div>

There is no laughing. This is all about getting out and having fun and learning. Everyone there will be glad to help out noobies.

Besides rifle and ammo, what other equipment do you suggest for this match. Also, what's the typical round count? From the site description it looks like 50 or so?

Thanks a lot!
Craig

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 21Bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Besides rifle and ammo, what other equipment do you suggest for this match. Also, what's the typical round count? From the site description it looks like 50 or so?

Thanks a lot!
Craig</div></div>

It is 40 rounds you will shoot. 5 at each distance. I would have some kind of sling, not necessary though. Some sort of light pack to carry any extra things one might carry with. Bi pod and maybe some sort of mat. A lot of shooters will let you use there mat, I like to bring my own.

and a appetite. They usually have red beans and rice. And it is kick ass, not Louisiana but tasty after shooting.

Great! Sounds like I was tracking regarding what to bring. Definitely looking for to it.

See you there!

Craig

I didn't get to make it. I was originally, but just had GAP spin on a new barrel this past week and had no load data or anything. I'm good now, but didn't want to shoot a match with nothing to go off of.

I'll be at the next one for sure.

I had a lot of fun. It was my first match. The wind kicked my tail hard!

Craig

I wish they would post the scores. I keep checking there site but nothing is posted.
Was kind of disappointed though they did not throw all the fun obstacles in, that makes the match fun. But on the bright side, got to learn calling the wind.

I'm glad I shot this with you Fur. It was nice to put a face with a name and send a few downrange. The red beans and rice were great. Overall a friendly bunch to shoot with. We couldn't have asked for warmer weather this time of the year.

Our web site is having some problems and I am unable to post the scores there, so I'll post them here. We had a good turnout and It was good to see everyone

OPEN CLASS

1. Brad B. 487
2. Jeremy 416
3. Rod 389
4. Denis 368
5. Jeff S. 351
6. Art 350
7. Jon 344
8. Joe R. 343
9. Kevan 325
10. Kenny 264
11. Tom 250