• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bill Springfield trigger jobs?

IdahoMike

I like Turtles.
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
12TUN8307946609
Anyone had a trigger job done by him? I am thinking about sending my OEM unit in, but I don't know if it would be better to put the 60 bucks towards a DMR trigger.

Re: Bill Wilson trigger jobs?

he means Bill Wilson... AKA Wilson Combat.... I'm sure

what he doesn't realize, is that Bill doesn't do much work personally these days

Bill did a trigger job for me in 1984. I am still on the original trigger and sear, and it's a 1911 with 10,000+ rounds through it. I have very little knowedge about what his shop is putting out these days though.

Wilson Combat sells a drop in AR15 trigger module call the TTU. They do it single stage( my favorite), 2 stage, and one call the "3 gun" version. As far as I know, they don't do trigger jobs on stock AR15 parts. Here is a link to the TTU...

TTU

They do awesome trigger jobs on 1911's though
wink.gif

There is a guy name Bill Springfield that smooths up stock AR parts. Totally different operations....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasgrunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you mean Bill Springfield?

Grunt </div></div>

Ahhh shit, yes I mean Bill Springfield... Ugh. I was looking at his site at the same time I made this post. I don't know how I screwed the pooch on that one. Thanks for having faith that I meant what I wrote, but unfortunatly I have failed you:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasgrunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you mean Bill Springfield?

Grunt </div></div>

Ahhh shit, yes I mean Bill Springfield... Ugh. I was looking at his site at the same time I made this post. I don't know how I screwed the pooch on that one. Thanks for having faith that I meant what I wrote, but unfortunatly I have failed you:) </div></div>

Yup. I've had two AR triggers done by Bill Springfield. Good work turned around in a week both times.

I've got one done by him. Save your money for a two stage trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one done by him. Save your money for a two stage trigger. </div></div>

Agreed. I sent him an AR trigger and when I got it back it was very unreliable. Often it would not reset. I sold it with full disclosure and bought a Geisselle SD3G and never looked back.

For the money it’s not a bad deal if your in a money pinch. I suppose it depends on what your purpose is and what you expect out of it. I had Bill do a trigger job on a terrible mushy and hard factory DPMS trigger. What I got back was a reliable trigger with a crisp and clean break. Good turn around as well. To improve the performance of a service rifle I would say go for it. If this is trigger is going to go on a dedicated DMR or precision rifle I would say save up and get a Geisselle or a Timney. (My $2 cents)

I have had a couple non-AR rifles done (XCR & HK91).
Both came out great although I had to send back the XCR to get it to reset properly (I think it got out of wack during shipment).
I also had some other pistol work non trigger related.
I would not hesitate to use him.
Nice guy, fast turn around and good prices.
However, I am using Geissele exclusively now in AR's.
They are more expensive but well worth it.

I've had 2 done by Bill with no complaints. Added the JP yellows myself. Way better than the 7lbs that they came with.

Have had him do a trigger on an AR15 and a 10-22. Completely satisfied with both, especially for what I paid. Very nice guy to deal with also.

Did one for me, still using it to this day. Cheap and quick. I do use Geissele triggers in my other rifles though. To do again now..probably not. I'd put the $60 plus the price of a OEM trigger towards a Geissele or on the cheaper end a Rock River unit.

I'm by no means a ninja with a rifle, but he did a trigger job for me and it breaks like glass and I've had no issues. He was quick and friendly. I must disclose that I have never fired a Giselle or any of the top tier triggers, but I like what I have.

Grunt

For your AR, follow the advice of the herd for the 2 stage, but for other military or non standard triggers, he can work wonders. I have a HK93 pack he has done, and it is very nice.

The SSE is a fine trigger, the 2 bills isn't too bad either for it. I do have a Bill S trigger in my Maten but haven't shot it yet. He is super friendly and the turn around time was very fast. Cost was pretty cheap too as I just sent him my trigger from a parts kit I already had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowhuntr09</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got one done by him. Save your money for a two stage trigger. </div></div>

Agreed. I sent him an AR trigger and when I got it back it was very unreliable. Often it would not reset. I sold it with full disclosure and bought a Geisselle SD3G and never looked back. </div></div>

Same happened to me on a RRA 2-stage about four years ago, would not reset, not reliable, sent it back to him a few times and it got worst...I ended up buying another RRA trigger.

No more.

I too have had my trigger worked by Bill Springfield. Nice guy and I didn't run into any problems like other posters did, trigger feels good but not great. I had since sold it and bought 2 Wilson Combat TTUs. One for my MA-Ten build and one for my AR15 build.

Geisselle SD3G. Just bought my third and ill end up getting one more. Awesome triggers. I was on the fence with the springfield, glad i went the way i did.

He tuned my PTR-91 trigger pack and it came out very nice. Very fast turnaround, I think it was about 10 days including round-trip mail.

I sent him a factory trigger from a DPMS lpk and it turned out great for my Grendel. I had no problems at with his work. I think he dropped the trigger pull 3.5-4 pounds and was very smooth. For the price, I would do it again if I couldn't afford an aftermarket drop in trigger group.