• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bino chest rig

mpwolf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2014
I'm looking for a bino pouch large enough for a mid sized 8x42, and a pocket on the side that will fit a Sig Kil02200 LRF. I'd like to keep things small and compact, so not really looking for one with extra pouches on the straps/harness. Anyone got a recommendation?

Reactions: Vintage69
I'm looking for a bino pouch large enough for a mid sized 8x42, and a pocket on the side that will fit a Sig Kil02200 LRF. I'd like to keep things small and compact, so not really looking for one with extra pouches on the straps/harness. Anyone got a recommendation?
Marsupial makes a nice one that is modular. Eberlestock has one out that is also modular and can be configured any way you need it.

Reactions: YotaEer
I have a Alaskan Guide Creation's I was just going to sell, I think its the Alaskan Classic in Multi-Cam - PM me with any questions.
I also have a Kuiu which doesn't fit the wider Steiners I use, but I have mostly switched over to using a Chest Rig from Attack Pak.

Reactions: 65x55guy
I'm not aware of any that could fit bino and rangefinder in a single pouch, but check out one of the larger Alaska guide creations versions. I use Marsupial and it's really streamlined with the RF pouch on the side.

Most of the bino harnesses require a separate LRF pouch. The few that don't require the additional pouch aren't going to save you anything in terms of size. Alaskan Guide has big enough sizes to fit binos and LRF (but it's not exactly small & compact), Sitka has additional pouches incorporated on the side as does the Muley Freak game changer harness. Something like an FHF or Marsupial will require an additional pouch, but you can select the bino compartment and LRF pouch that fit your specific gear.

Alaska guide creations Denali rig. Life changing for me. I pack a Leica 8 x 56 3200 so I don’t bring an extra range finder, but the front pocket is made for that purpose.

For me having car keys, cell phone, maybe pocket knife up front on my chest rig is very useful. Other guys might have a different need.

They also have a really good bino tether system. Just enough leeway and stretch to move them without having them hit the ground or go wild if you decide to leave them outside the rig.

I also just picked up the Sitka harness. I wasn't my top choice but I found it in-stock locally. It fits my geovid pros and I'll probably run one of the pouches on the left side. The straps are smaller as their ment to be run under your main pack straps. So far they haven't bothered me. I really wanted the kuiu then add the hydration bladder for half day hikes.

I have a T&K bino rig and their range finder pouch. I like it. It does close with magnets if that's a concern.

thanks for everyone's input. I suspect it's going to take a bit of trial and error to find the perfect one, but I've got lots to chew on for now.

You could fit both into a Hill People Gear kit bag no problem. I put my 10x42 Razors and my LRF in mine all the time.
Was just going to say this. If your binos are too large for their chest rig they also have an additional bino pack that attaches onto the front of certain chest rigs they sell.

Reactions: godofthunder