• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Binos; Forge? Or?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I’m looking hard @ the Forge 15X binos for the range/general use. I have read a few favorable reviews on them on here. I know they’re not up to the same level as Swaros, but the price is really tempting me.

I am also considering the Cabelas branded Meoptas, and, of course, Vortex’s version, which all fall into the same price range.

Any others in the same range ($400-600) to consider?

Considering they show up every now and then in the $550 range I don't think anything I've seen in that price range will compete. It seems the next significant jump in quality is to like the Mepota MeoStar's but at 2 times the price plus some. I've seen their 10x50 under $300 for black friday and they are an amazing deal at the price point.

I went with Swaros... but honestly the different isn't much.

I would probably rate them Swaros, Meoptas, Forge... I haven't looked through the Athlons... but I'm a little nervous about purchasing from such a young company...Anyone can place OEM orders from China, Japan, etc... Already saw Zenray fold up... so I'm waiting to see if Athlon will be around in the long run

I have the Forge 15x and the 8x binos, and they are both fantastic pieces of glass. Low light, bright light, they work great and have solid contrast and definition. No they aren’t Swaros, but I feel like there is a diminishing return on bang for your buck after a certain point with most things, and at least for myself binos are one of those things. I think the Forge series is a solid bang for your buck choice.

Do you where glasses? I tried a few and really like my Pentax Ed longer eye relief ones, nicer vortex etc were good but harder to use with glasses. Not sure of the price these days bu mine where around that price range.

Do you where glasses? I tried a few and really like my Pentax Ed longer eye relief ones, nicer vortex etc were good but harder to use with glasses. Not sure of the price these days bu mine where around that price range.
    Eye relief on the 15x forge is adjustable for use with and without glasses