• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod comparison

Anyone have an opinion about the Magpul bipod vs Atlas Cal? I’m needing to make an upgrade from my Harrises. The Magpul is half the price of the Atlas Cal. I know the Atlas Cal is the right choice, but I just wondered how well the Magpul works.
If this is for pure PRS, I know that 1st and 3rd at the AG cup this year used harris. You can't go wrong with them.

Reactions: Newbie2020
Atlas CAL > heavily modified Harris > Atlas PSR > stock Harris > Magpul bipod. Just my opinion and I’m limited to experience with only what’s listed. In short the CAL is the 🐝‘s knees. 100% disappointed with the Magpul. It’s debut marketing was better than the product.

I picked this GGG bipod up at my LGS for very short $$ .... $50.

I don’t think they knew what it was.

is QD, USA made and very nice. I have Atlas, Harris (on somevi rage rifles) and this GGG.

I’d put it somewhere in the middle of the pack. Looking at their Web Site, good value and good company.

View attachment 7472470

But I still will buy Atlas... If I am buying new. They have been good to me and SH for a long time.

Cheers, Sirhr

I have that same GG&G bipod and paid about $275 for it new. I've used it on a Barrett M82A1 and now it's on my RPR 6.5 PRC. I really like it - very well built and seems indestructible. You practically stole it for $50!

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Anyone have an opinion about the Magpul bipod vs Atlas Cal? I’m needing to make an upgrade from my Harrises. The Magpul is half the price of the Atlas Cal. I know the Atlas Cal is the right choice, but I just wondered how well the Magpul works.
Just bought a magpull i have an atlas and its apple and oranges that being said it costs a third of the atlas and i like it better than a harris

I used a couple accutecs this last month and I was impressed with their offerings over the atlas bipods I have test driven..

Ordered a pc-5 and and sr-5 to try out

It's funny that you ask, here's a comparison video I did about those bipods.
For me, I choose Atlas more times than not.
Hope the video helps.
Take care

Reactions: Zigfried54
You might consider this one. I’ve used it for years and it’s a solid performer.

Reactions: Combat photog
I am thinking about getting an Altas bipod, but the Elite Iron bipod looks interesting. Question for those of you who shoot PRS, (that’s what I’m building the gun to do) are there not times you want to ditch the bipod quickly, seems like the Elite would have to come all the way off the end of the barrel and take more time to ditch, or is there something I’m not getting?

"Yeah, accutac posted a picture of a rifle that sports a rip off stock, from the factory like that, I didn't see them promoting it, merely shooting an m1a.
I get ripping off USA products and don't condone it as well, but not sure I'm ready to boycott accutac over that; are we boycotting amazon too because they sell chinese versions of American products? Asking for a friend."

Not sure about the "we" part, but I have not bought from Amazon since they told me they did not care if counterfeit products are sold through their site. After watching/seeing/hearing how Amazon does business, the US government should apologize to the Mafia.