• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bipod options besides Harris?

Bezoar

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2011
KS
Just wondering what people are running besides Harris bipods. I have 2 of them already but was wondering if there was something more robust.

Re: Bipod options besides Harris?

Atlas works well. I use harris and atlas, definitely prefer the atlas, but it does cost more.

Without a doubt the Atlas is top notch for a bipod for "tactical" type shooting.

That being said, there are a lot of Harris' in use if you can't swing the cheddar for an Atlas.

If you need either, we stock both and take care of Hide members.

-Sean

I pickup an Atlas at Mile High in person a few weeks ago. Sweet bipod for sure. Won't go back. Just installed a rail segment on my new bolt gun stock and now share the Atlas between the 6.5 CM and .223 AR. Well worth the money compared to a Harris. Much more versatile!

Ive got both and like both. In some ways i like the harris better. Atlas is nice though. Depends what you need it for. I surely think that a harris wont hold you back any and there is nothing wrong with them. Good luck

Rock Creek makes one that is definately "more robust." I run one on my AR and it is top-notch. Except for my F/TR rifle, I still run Harris bipods on my bolt guns. I am kinda cheap though.

Atlas if you don't mind spending a little bit more. Locking legs and also different leg positions is a big plus.

I've used both and prefer Atlas. Among other things, I get a much more consistent bipod load with the Atlas.

I had an Atlas but sold it because I prefer my GG&G myself . You may look at them . If you don't have a mono pod on the rear I've found with the atlas I had I could put a bag on the rear and no matter how I adj the atlas could never get it right . The notches in the legs need to be closer IMO or you need a mono pod with a PRS stock.

With a GG&G or Harris you don't since the legs aren't notched.

Also I didn't like the upright setting and the next setting on the atlas lays it down farther than I like . I think it's more at home on a rifle than a AR10 .

I got an Atlas a couple of weeks ago.
I like the rail and clamp system better than the sling stud on the Harris and I like the extra height adjustments and the panning on the Atlas.
I miss the speed of the spring loaded legs on the Harris, but I don't have to hurry in the matches I shoot so that's not really an issue to me.
The Harris has worked fine for me, but I'll get another Atlas when I can scrape up the coins.

What about the Bobro type-3 BLAC bipod? Anyone has first hand experience with this?

Sinclair (Brownell's?) and Weaver also sell tactical style bipods you rarely hear mention of.

for an inexpensive option, theres the UTG OP series of bipods, I have the OP-2, which is their 7.7-12.3" version, and it has been very solid and reliable.

I ordered a tdi arms side mounted bipod from optics planet that should be here today. prob not atlas quality but could be a cool option for the ar rifles with rails on the side. I bought it because I wanted a bipod on my air rifles but due to the break barrel action I couldnt mount a bipod under under the forend of the stock. ill post up a mini review and pics once I get it mounted after work today or tomorrow.

I know many people like the Atlas,I have one and don't care for it. I have Harris's, Sinclair's both tactical and F class, a Dolphin and Roedales. I prefer the Roedale's although they are quite pricey. Here's a link http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p427_RH50-F-T-R-Match-Bipod.html . Nothings perfect and I do wish the Roedale"s had more elevation. It's range is 7 1/4" to 9 1/4" inches, that works for most things.

John

I'm also very happy with my Roedale Bipod. Even though it looks like a heavy pig it's actually very lite. The machining on this bipod is excellent.

GroteFoto-UY7OC7FC.jpg

If you need a real heavy duty pod for a heavy rifle like a M25 or M14, this GG&G Extreme Duty swivel Heavy Duty pod has stood the test so far. You'll also need the mounting rail for quick attach/detach.

4776131.jpg

9575133.jpg