• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bipods

Damn good deal on bi-pod locks, Thanks for the hookup.

You're welcome (someone on here hooked me up a while back). Not only are they a good deal, they are really NICE. They are of excellent quality - much more durable than the Harris version.

I just got one of these:
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Bipods etc.*::*Harris Bi-pods with Swivel Base

With this:
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Manufacturers*::*KMW

They work great. There was a thread awhile back about not wanting a metal bipod locker, as a broken podlock is preferable to broken bipod internal if the rifle is slammed into a barricade(?). That makes sense to me, but its always nice to see different opinions and products recommended.

DSCN1091web.jpg

Stick with the original Pod Loc from Terry Cross at KMW. If anything happens to it he will replace it no questions asked. He is a great guy and been a long time Hide contributor and competitor.

This!

I bought a pod loc 4 or 5 years ago, last summer I snapped it sometime during a competition. A quick email in to KMW explaining this, didn't question a thing, just sent me a new one and very quick. It was 4 years after I bought it and he sent me a complete new replacement.

Sulcop96 and Sfree,

You are incorrect in thinking that Harris makes a locking lever for their own bipod.
You are also incorrect in thinking that Harris makes a rotating base for their own bipod.

Harris Bipods.com is NOT the website for Harris Engineering (the real Harris Bipods). Harris does not have and has never had a website.

A small company out of Bethlehem, CT called Ultimate Weapon Systems bought up the domain name and is doing their business under the name Harris Bipods.com. They are quite happy to continue on with you being none the wiser. Their website is built to foster the notion that they are "Harris Bipods" and that all items on the site are made by same without actually coming out and saying otherwise.

Although they do sell genuine Harris bipods, the bipod lock they sell and most of the accessories they sell are not made, designed or endorsed by Harris Engineering. Additionally, many of their accessories including their bipod loc kit are not made in the U.S. Ditto for T-Nuts, Midway and others.

I encourage you to spend your money as you see fit but do so from a more informed position.

Everybody have a safe week.
Terry

Mr. Cross,
Thank you for that info, and I stand corrected in my assuming that the "Harris" products were actually produced by Harris engineering, my bad.
The option remains the same as ADM quick releases, yet it's up to the consumer to decide to purchase something other than "authentic".
My experience is with using both systems and just my opinion. Always lookin for an advantage in product and cost and trying to offer another option regardless of who makes it or where. The "panning option" is for some necessary, but I could care less.
Obviously, I should have done a much more thorough investigation of "Harris Bipods"...

Thank you Mr. Cross and my apologies for my unintended misinformation. After all, if it's on the internet it must be true...

Last edited:
You could do what I did and get the Atlas No clamp and then order a LT271 Seperate.

After owning several harris's including BRM-S, I will never buy another

The Atlas is build to last, Its much more solid, and does not have external springs or any other shit to get snaged.

Yes its more money but in the grand scheme of things, throwing a bipod on a $2K+ rifle with 2k+ glass..... its not really material.

Or you could buy a bag and fill it with sand, and shoot off of it.

Stick with the original Pod Loc from Terry Cross at KMW. If anything happens to it he will replace it no questions asked. He is a great guy and been a long time Hide contributor and competitor.

This, I broke mine in a way that was my fault and Terry put another in the mail same day, no questions asked.

To the OP: A Harris BRM-S with KMW pod loc will offer no limitations whatsoever to your accuracy. Paying more for an Atlas is simply user preference, nothing wrong with it either, but its not gonna be more accurate than a Harris setup. Dont go too short on the bipod....if you are shooting from the field the 6-9" can be too short...I like the 9-13 better for real world stuff, and a 6-9in for bench shooting or range use where grass isnt a factor. Another benefit to the Harris here, you can buy one of each for the price of an Atlas.

Dkindels said:
You are spending 190 retail to make the Harris do what the atlas does for 220.

This is an important point.

If someone will be happy and satisfied with an out-of-the-box Harris for ~$90, great. If they're going to want to "tune it up" by adding a pod-loc or custom feet, they'd be well advised to buy an Atlas instead.

My partner had a Harris with podlock, podclaws, the required podclaw adapters and of course, the podclaw covers. That's a $250 Harris!

Speaking of custom feet - the Atlas is way better in this regard...

First off, there are more options depending on what you want. Skis, cleats, spikes. Secondly, the attachment method is sweeter. You simply push a detent pin in and the feet pop out. Thirdly, the special Atlas feet don't add a bunch of height like the Harris aftermarket feet do. A 6-9" Harris with the feet adaptor kit plus new feet is too tall for most level-ground prone shooting.

The one advantage of the Harris though, is it deploys a bit faster.

Good info Terry, thanks. I run a Harris 6-9 mechanical with a Larue Swivel QD mount. I like to be able to run it between different rifles as it cost a pretty penny, although not as pricy as others. At some point I would like to have an Atlas but the Harris fits my needs very well, range and hunting.

All my Atlas bipod are on AR style rifles.... The integrated rail attachment and weight are really nice for these style rifles. I've used Harris and several different versa pod models and in my opinion the fit, finish, easy accessory attachment and durability are second to none. Once you handle one you will want one.

Thanks to whoever brought it up, I was unaware of the pan harris mount.... duly noted

I only like the pan feature because I mainly hunt. Running coyotes is the reason I like the pan feature. Track your target before it stops or after it runs without readjusting position. SOTA I think you will like the Harris with the notched legs.

Thanks to whoever brought it up, I was unaware of the pan harris mount.... duly noted

Remember, it's NOT made by Harris Engineering, but another company masquerading as such. Go to HarrisBipod.com for the rotating adapter.

I've had 3 Harris. I have no complaints about them. Recently purchased an Atlas and used it for the first time this weekend. It's definitely more sturdy than the Harris, imo, but I'm not 100% sure it's "better" just yet. I still have to toy around with it some more, and I do like the way it adjusts. I'm using it primarily for shooting from a bench or prone and not in tactical competitions.