• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bird Shot for home protection - if you have bird shot, click here

William Bradley, the prominent Marin contractor charged with trying to murder his stepson last weekend, allegedly blasted him in the chest with a shotgun before shooting him again with a handgun, according to the sheriff's department.

Paraskeva was released from the hospital after treatment for gunshot wounds to his chest, upper stomach, left arm and hip.

Full choke, 10 feet and it will do the job. If you are shooting down a long hall at a target on the far side of a big room then a shotgun with birdshot may not be the tool for the job.

Maser ... bird ... shoot.

Try and get that image out of your head.

Novato resident William Thomas Bradley appears in Marin Superior Court on Thursday to face attempted murder and gun assault charges. His defense attorneys are Douglas Horngrad, left, and David Vogelstein. (Robert Tong — Marin Independent Journal)

What's the max sentence for assaulting a gun? GLM!

Cheney shooting his buddy who survived is another example.

"Secret service agents and medical aides, who were traveling with Cheney, came to Whittington's assistance and treated his birdshot wounds to his right cheek, neck, and chest."

I've served on Grand Jury, and we had a case where a woman shot her husband in the chest with bird shot from across a bedroom. That MF was dead before he hit the ground. I'm not being a proponent of bird shot over buck shot. I'm just saying that bird shot from close range will do some serious damage.
Sounds to me like the 79 year old man was either a bad shot (he's 79) or he wasn't serious about killing the stepson.

Old federal paper #2's, they are kinda hot for factory.
Seems like they crack the brass on every shot.
Play hell on oak 2x12 at 10 paces.

R

I believe that this is a very solid article to use in the argument against birdshot. I have seen photos from the autopsies where birdshot wounds were lethal, but the patterns were so tight that the distance was near muzzle contact range. In fact, there were even a few photos where the bruising of the outline of the barrel was present. Shots at more than 10 feet put people in the emergency room, not the morgue.

In a life or death situation inside my house I want excessive blood loss and CNS shock along with bone-breaking energy. Buckshot it is for me.

We had a woman in town a few years ago shoot her husband in the chest with a 12 ga. loaded with number 8s. His Carhartt coat stopped 90% of it. I mean hell, if your gonna use bird shot, at least spring for #4 Nitro-Magnums, instead of that cheap bulk packed shit, geez.
Lorenzo here you go: https://ammoseek.com/ammo/12-gauge?ss=4-Buck

Worked a suicide, guy used number 8's in the mouth.
Only 1 pellet exited at the bridge of his nose. The xray looked like a star map.

Federal Premium Copper 6's ... At 25 yard you don't find a pellet in a 25 lb turkey shot with them, just entry and exit.. Based on that I suspect they ruin most of their targets days.. Bird shot isnt goign to be a bone breaker at any distance but anywhere inside my house its going to be a 1" hole.. and the neighbors wont pick up any shot..

If 25# turkeys invade your home, you'll be well prepared.