• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up BIRMINGHAM AREA ROLL CALL!

Re: BIRMINGHAM AREA ROLL CALL!

pre building is not a problem. my dad just retired from being a custom cabinet maker for over 30 years. needless to say, there is plenty of inventory laying around.

offroadr1, where are you located in Bham? I work over here but live in Jasper. I am NOT a wood worker but can bring what I have and help build. T

looks like that we are getting things together. If ya'll can't get out to help and want to meet me or pm me, I can possibly come to you for any donated supplies. As I said I live in Jasper and work in Bham and do alot of in between driving. Thanks T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">offroadr1, where are you located in Bham? I work over here but live in Jasper. I am NOT a wood worker but can bring what I have and help build. T</div></div>

my shop is in midfield. after looking at what laying around. most of what i have available wont stand up to weather, but they can be made light if there is some storage available.

Im down in Selma and a Steel City member. Also have a few 10" and 4" ar500 plates. Don`t mind buying more and building stands for some get togethers.

I am a Steel City member. Not shooting a lot right now because of chemo. It will be finished in about two months. Then I will be back terrorizing Levine at his matches.
JRose, thanks for the 6.5 CM data awhile back. I got a real hummer load out of it.
Let me know if you need any help with the membership app. Maybe I can vouch for ya'.

shoot4fun, good luck with your chemo and I truely hope all goes well. That is a tough road. I have had several in my family that had to go thru it. Get well and get back on the firing line soon. Tommy

Jrose,

Just call Diana Florence, Membership Secretary (205)647-6925
or email her: [email protected]

We just started a 500 yard Benchrest at Steel City with IBS style targets and 6 x 6 gongs on each of the 12 target stands. It is for Factory, Modified and Unlimited Bolt Guns.

Might be a fun tune up match until Larry gets his tactical matches fired back up. We will shoot 4th Saturdays. Basically 520 yards since that is the max distance we have right now. First match is tomorrow morning 1/22/11.

Bo Wass - Steel City 100 Yard Match Director

I'm no longer a Tuscaloosa local, but I'm just in west Georgia and it'd be an easy drive toward the B'ham area. Count me in whenever we start getting together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HKSR9T</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm no longer a Tuscaloosa local, but I'm just in west Georgia and it'd be an easy drive toward the B'ham area. Count me in whenever we start getting together. </div></div>

You're from Carrollton? Hello neighbor, I lived in Carrollton and Bremen all my life, but I'm in college at Auburn currently. You might know my father if you have been living there long, but I am definitely in for shooting and helping out. I have a couple years experience in construction, so I could be of some help. Although, I haven't operated anything larger than a skid-steer. I will be monitoring this thread from now on to find out more about times and locations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sighter,are you Bo Wass and have you got your gunsmithing shop up and going? </div></div>

He is indeed Bo. I shoot in his 100 yard BR matches at Steel City.

I was hoping to sight in today and shoot the 500 yard match tomorrow, but time constraints killed that idea. I might go to watch and "gossip" with the guys anyway.

As far as sighting in, we will have a 100 yard target area for getting on, a big gong at 520 for come up MOA, clays beside the target area etc. Lots of folks will be looking to get on target in the morning, me included since I changed scope mounts.

Darrell Jones is running the 500 yard matches, he has been a match director for 600 yard matches in Memphis for years and moved to Birmingham with his work about a year ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoot4fun, good luck with your chemo and I truely hope all goes well. That is a tough road. I have had several in my family that had to go thru it. Get well and get back on the firing line soon. Tommy </div></div>

Thanks Tommy!
The end of chemo is in sight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sighter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as sighting in, we will have a 100 yard target area for getting on, a big gong at 520 for come up MOA, clays beside the target area etc. Lots of folks will be looking to get on target in the morning, me included since I changed scope mounts.

Darrell Jones is running the 500 yard matches, he has been a match director for 600 yard matches in Memphis for years and moved to Birmingham with his work about a year ago.

</div></div>

im going to try and make this as well since we can sight in. i have a new piece of glass that has just been mounted and has never been fired. its probably pretty off.

For the guys needing to get a 100yd zero, you may want to bring something to elevate your rear bag a good bit (probably an inch or two). The 100yd berm is downhill at a pretty good angle.

See everyone in the morning!

Jason

NLY205 and I will be shooting at the Steel City range in Hoover on Wednesday. I can take one more guest if anyone is interested.

What time are you guys going to be out there? Maybe I'll drag my sorry butt by just to say hello or maybe I'll just call off an make a day of it.

I'll be up there either Saturday or Sunday also if anyone wants to join in. Not sure just yet if i'll have room for 1 or 2 guest. I'll let you guys know closer to the end of the week.

This site needs work. I scrolled through the font options in the tool bar and did not find the sarcasm or jealousy fonts. You guys are talking about going to Brock's Gap and I am stuck going to the Cahaba Wildlife Management Area this morning. So so jealous.

Guys, what's the deal with Steel City? Are they going to build a 1000yd range?

I would love to try out 1000yds. Steel City is the longest I've shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, what's the deal with Steel City? Are they going to build a 1000yd range?

I would love to try out 1000yds. Steel City is the longest I've shot. </div></div>

Probably not going to get to 1000. At least that is what some board members have told me. Also, not likely to get the new H Range ( I think) out to 600 due to excavation/rock blasting costs.

1000 yrds is tuff at steel city, may be able to get 600 just need a rich uncle to pay for it. Have you seen our e range is it not nice?

E range is super nice. Me and my Dad usually shoot every Wednesday afternoon. But we haven't been in a couple of months.

guntard007,

memberships to steel city/brock's gap are available. there really is no better range available. great folks,safe shooting, did i mention we have 500 yrd range? to just shoot come out to a precision or f class match. they are real low key and get some 500 yrd trigger time.

I must applaud the BOD and members who have worked so hard to build what we have today. SCSSA has improved by leaps and bounds since I joined 10 years ago.
Membership is huge and still growing. Not to mention all the match activities in many different disciplines.
I am proud to be a member.

Thank you, we should have flush toilets/bath house in the next couple of months starting permit stage. lights for the b,c ranges within 2 months...

+1 on SCSSA being a great place to shoot! The range has improvments every time I go. Also a very safe place to shoot. Not your management area shooting range thats foreshore!

It sucks that we can't get a 1k range there, but that doesn't mean the range isn't very nice. 500y is still a good stretch, and if you have your fundamentals down to where you shooting well at 500, your getting good training.

Joey, Neeley and I will be there. That's all the guests I can take, but Robot Doc needs to haul his butt out there. Work sucks.

We should be getting out there around noon.

I'm a member, so if I can get through a couple of meetings without to many issues I try to make it out there before you guys split. See you on "E"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bama110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">guntard007,

memberships to steel city/brock's gap are available. there really is no better range available. great folks,safe shooting, did i mention we have 500 yrd range? to just shoot come out to a precision or f class match. they are real low key and get some 500 yrd trigger time. </div></div>

I love shooting matches there. It is a great range. I don't like the requirement of being an NRA member. Political posts are not allowed on this forum, so I won't elaborate here. PM me if you want the details and I will be happy to debate it in private.

Everyone knows the NRA problems, and I don't like being forced to be a member either, for a few reasons, but there's so many different shooting things that require it that it's just what I have to do.

I like to think at least they do some good.

The NRA requirement doesn't have anything to do with politics etc, it concerns the insurance the range carries.

As for a 1K range, if only......Hell, the range is smack in the middle of one of the most populus areas of Alabama, it's amazing that there's a range there at all.

Jason, what time are you going out Wednesday? If I don't have a work conflict and it isn't pouring down rain, I'll join you and scatter steel out like we did on Sunday. I'll bring some small pieces so you'll feel challenged at 500yds
grin.gif

hello fello bhamers-fyi my two monthly matches start up in february, the precision match for 2/12 is almost full [i have a few open slots at 1pm], there is still plenty of room still for the modified f class match on 2/19, if interested email me at [email protected]

both matches will be held each month though november [i go february through november]

[ps-you do not have to be a member to shoot the matches, however you will have to sign a waiver form if a non member]

thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The NRA requirement doesn't have anything to do with politics etc, it concerns the insurance the range carries.
</div></div>

I understand that the requirement is for insurance. But, I am against the politics of the NRA itself and will not give them my money. Therefore, I can not be a member. Like I said though, I do shoot in some of the matches. Precision rifle, tactical rifle, IPSC, practical handgun/shotgun, high power rifle and of course my favorite, 100 yard BR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The NRA requirement doesn't have anything to do with politics etc, it concerns the insurance the range carries.

As for a 1K range, if only......Hell, the range is smack in the middle of one of the most populus areas of Alabama, it's amazing that there's a range there at all.

Jason, what time are you going out Wednesday? If I don't have a work conflict and it isn't pouring down rain, I'll join you and scatter steel out like we did on Sunday. I'll bring some small pieces so you'll feel challenged at 500yds
grin.gif
</div></div>

We're getting there between 11:00 - 12:00.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoot4fun, good luck with your chemo and I truely hope all goes well. That is a tough road. I have had several in my family that had to go thru it. Get well and get back on the firing line soon. Tommy </div></div>

Went through chemo with wife's cancer-GOD bless
sighter-hope that T36 pulls all the bullets in 1 hole-
hayboy--pickens county-hope to see you this year

Hayboy,

Got the T36 mounted on my son's gun and we shot it Sunday with some new loads. We are back under 3/4 MOA and still learning a lot. Don't think it will do one hole at 520 yards, but it sure helped! Looking forward to this months matches. Y'all come shoot with us soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot out to 1000 yards when ever I want,Kinda get's old when you can do it 7 days a week..

Jason,maybe if you "suck up" and walk the line they will let you in at SteelCity ?
you can come shoot up here if you bring wallmart Black and white to paint the hits..
All you need to do is prove you where born in the south,No other quality checks.
Your eather in or out
grin.gif
</div></div>

Damn. . . . Guess I'm out. . . </div></div>

How bad is it,North like nantuket or west cost ?
grin.gif

We may have to let it slide just for you..
smile.gif
</div></div>

Not that bad, no NewEnglander here. Mid-west blue collar. Southern Michigan, does that count? I've spent summers bailing hay, and I can run a combine and or most other heavy farm/construction equipment.. . . . But I do like pop, sorry, that's not going anywhere. I don't know where yonder is either. . . Sorry. Close enough?

I love the damn yankees that move down to the greatness, but try to leave a toe in the northern cesspool...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the damn yankees that move down to the greatness, but try to leave a toe in the northern cesspool... </div></div>

You like it, just play tough around the cool people, ill forgive you.

Tentitive plan to shoot Wednesday 2-23-11 at Steel City if anyone cares to join.

Just found this thread. I shoot the silhouette match there every month, not a member though.
Myself and another hunter pistol guy are putting rifles together to join y'all for some long range shooting. We actually intended to come watch last month, but things came up.

I'll keep a check here and hopefully I/we can make it next month.

Barry