• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bit holders

FishingFool

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2011
NOLA
Does anyone have a source for those cheap little plastic bit holders? I'm putting all the bits I need into stock packs and want to make a kit for each rifle but I can't find those little but holders that carry them.

Thanks.

Oh great! Another thread with random stuff I didn't realize that I needed lol.
A toolkit for each rifle does sound like a good idea though. Hmmm...

I snagged one from a Sears discount table a while back on a fluke for cheap.

There was a 10pc bit set with a blue, rubberized bit strip/holder that had been opened or otherwise "damaged." It was sitting in a badly-taped-back-together package on their discount/close-out table and was missing all but 3-4 bits (which were cheap, Chinese, non-hardened @#$% anyway). I talked to the sales floor guy about the $2.xx pricetag and said I thought that was ridiculous for it since it was only something like a $5.xx brand new with all its components. I asked if the store would take $1 out the door. After what seemed like a 2min, highly detailed conversation with the kid's manager (who looked to be about 20yo), I walked out the door with it having dropped all of $1. Promptly threw out the garbage bits, dropped in my quality bits, and dropped it in my range kit. You might look for a deal like that at your local big box store, sears, lowes, home depot, etc. before you pay for a stripped bit holder, plus S&H, etc. If I still had mine I'd send it to you, but I pitched it when I got my Borka kit.

Brownells sells a hollow handled, short screwdriver. I have a few of the s&W specific ones for each workbench. Bought one for my range rifle, the few bit's I need fit in the hollow handle.

In true OCD fashion though I do have a spare set in a single rubber strip holder I carry as well.