• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bix’n Andy Dakota trigger?

xRangerx

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Anyone have any experience with these? Looking for something not super expensive to upgrade from a factory xmark. Figure I’d check before jumping on one of the Independence Day trigger tech deals

Check out riflebasix LV-1K. It adjusts from 8oz to 1.5 LBs trigger pull for $145. They drop right in.

Reactions: xRangerx
A little more about upgrading the Remington 700s Trigger. I’ve got a TriggerTech diamond, Timney Calvin elite, and several riflebasix triggers. I can’t tell one from the other except in the cost. The bix’n andy triggers cost too much to put on a rifle that costs about the same as their trigger. I like a light trigger and riflebasix triggers do great and are the least expensive. They aren’t cheap but they aren’t several hundred dollars either. I have a few Remingtons with the old walker triggers that are really light and didn’t cost a penny extra and never had a problem with them.
As far as upgrading a factory Remington 700 trigger goes you can’t beat a riflebasix. Good luck and happy shooting

Reactions: xRangerx
I just replaced mine. I got a new rifle last month (Lone Peak Fuzion) with the Dakota and was very unimpressed with the trigger shoe It's the standard shoe and is crazy thin. My Tikka's trigger was much better.

I replaced the Dakota with a Tacsport tonight and it's miles ahead of the Dakota. Using a Gator shoe, it's nearly twice as wide as the Dakota's shoe.

For the price of a Dakota, I would do a TriggerTech Special, every time.