• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Female James Bond

Isn't it something to watch a 50 year old cultural institution commit suicide right in front of our faces, just so they can be part of the minority hip crowd? What a bunch of frikkin idiots.

A different viewpoint on this to consider.

But first, what is the 50 year old cultural institution you speak of that is committing suicide ??

Are "whatever 'they' are really doing it to be part of a minority hip crowd" ?
That's easy to answer, no...

The entertainment industry is an entity in itself to make "somebody" money. Has been since day 1.

If you look historically at entertainment it has morphed from simple pleasure not work related, to educational, to propaganda.

The entertainment industry morphing to propaganda is not to please a "minority hip crowd", it is simply promoting an agenda, to reach impressionable young minds, through entertainment. Re: cartoons, books, movies, podcasts, social media, all a form of entertainment.
It is succeeding in many venues in promoting the acceptance of all LBGTQ values over the older accepted judeo Christian values the country was founded on.
This is a world view, not just U.S. based, that the paradigm shift is upon us, that all views, no matter how extreme, are ok, because it promotes "true equality" of all people.

The browning of society was discussed in professional circles at least 20 years ago, and in entertainment, the industry began to insert "the minority that society (at that time) deemed the most abused and underutilized.
This progression, toward a browner world, culture, people, group, is expected in any successful business model. Go to the biggest audience to separate them from their $, and create an environment that empowers them, to give the youth an impression of equality and opportunity, to give a class of youth the impression their class is winning something important to them. Propaganda at it's best.

A black female, possibly LBGTQ, 007, gives a whole new view to youth searching for identity and focuses their thought processes toward the agenda of "somebody" out to make a f'ton of $, and gain power at the same time.

Just another viewpoint, ymmv, vr.

Those whose culture, group, or status, that "was" on top, will not willingly or happily accept the changes, or loss of status or 'top' position.
Many of the comments here reflect that.
Our whole world and political spectrum reflects the dislike and distaste at the cultural changes that are coming at a rapid speed, that none want to accept. That's human nature. Is what it is.
And its here.

Reactions: M8541Reaper

But first, what is the 50 year old cultural institution you speak of that is committing suicide ??

The entertainment industry is an entity in itself to make "somebody" money. Has been since day 1.

If you look historically at entertainment it has morphed from simple pleasure not work related, to educational, to propaganda.

The entertainment industry morphing to propaganda is not to please a "minority hip crowd", it is simply promoting an agenda, to reach impressionable young minds, through entertainment. Re: cartoons, books, movies, podcasts, social media, all a form of entertainment.
It is succeeding in many venues in promoting the acceptance of all LBGTQ values over the older accepted judeo Christian values the country was founded on.
This is a world view, not just U.S. based, that the paradigm shift is upon us, that all views, no matter how extreme, are ok, because it promotes "true equality" of all people.

The browning of society was discussed in professional circles at least 20 years ago, and in entertainment, the industry began to insert "the minority that society (at that time) deemed the most abused and underutilized.
This progression, toward a browner world, culture, people, group, is expected in any successful business model. Go to the biggest audience to separate them from their $, and create an environment that empowers them, to give the youth an impression of equality and opportunity, to give a class of youth the impression their class is winning something important to them. Propaganda at it's best.

A black female, possibly LBGTQ, 007, gives a whole new view to youth searching for identity and focuses their thought processes toward the agenda of "somebody" out to make a f'ton of $, and gain power at the same time.

Those whose culture, group, or status, that "was" on top, will not willingly or happily accept the changes, or loss of status or 'top' position.
Our whole world and political spectrum reflects the dislike and distaste at the cultural changes that are coming at a rapid speed, that none want to accept. That's human nature. Is what it is.
And its here.

Or it could be simplified this way.

LGBTQRSTUVXYZ349 to me is whatever it is.
Their lives don't affect my life in any measurable way on a day to day basis.

Green peppers are something that are always around my house and on a day to day basis, they don't affect me either.

If they are in my food, so be it.
I don't choose them, they are just there.

I don't choose nor partake in the LGBT lifestyle, but they are around me all the time.

So what.

They have their life, I have mine.

I can tolerate the peppers in my food but I don't choose them.
I also don't want them in all of my food.

I surely don't want them being force fed to me on a daily basis.

I don't want the LGBT life being force fed to me. It's unnecessary and it just turns people off.

Like anyone else on this planet, I can accept the things in front of me at face value.

Green peppers in my food, okay. LGBT around me, conversing with me, no problem.

Don't shove the peppers my way and expect me to like it.
I'll eventually get sick and tired of them.

Don't try and shove your alternate lifestyle down my throat (There's a joke in there somewhere) and we'll get along just fine. I also won't get sick and tired of you.

Lastly, don't expect me to treat you differently, it's not going to happen. You're a human being first and anything else is secondary.

Or it could be simplified this way.

LGBTQRSTUVXYZ349 to me is whatever it is.
Their lives don't affect my life in any measurable way on a day to day basis.

Green peppers are something that are always around my house and on a day to day basis, they don't affect me either.

If they are in my food, so be it.
I don't choose them, they are just there.

I don't choose nor partake in the LGBT lifestyle, but they are around me all the time.

So what.

They have their life, I have mine.

I can tolerate the peppers in my food but I don't choose them.
I also don't want them in all of my food.

I surely don't want them being force fed to me on a daily basis.

I don't want the LGBT life being force fed to me. It's unnecessary and it just turns people off.

Like anyone else on this planet, I can accept the things in front of me at face value.

Green peppers in my food, okay. LGBT around me, conversing with me, no problem.

Don't shove the peppers my way and expect me to like it.
I'll eventually get sick and tired of them.

Don't try and shove your alternate lifestyle down my throat (There's a joke in there somewhere) and we'll get along just fine. I also won't get sick and tired of you.

Lastly, don't expect me to treat you differently, it's not going to happen. You're a human being first and anything else is secondary.

And that is as well put and as plain as it gets, the way most of us here feel, including me, adding f' an industry that tries to shove it down our throat.

May that industry suffer and fail miserably....

And its here.

Exactly.

But remember, this is the internet. ...change bad, capitalism bad, insecurity good.

I don’t get why people get so upset over a meaningless piece of fictional entertainment media. Don’t like it? Don’t see it. It isn’t hard. No one is shoving anything down anyone’s throats. No one is being forced to watch it or even read about it. Oh it pops up on your social media account or a commercial comes on? Change the channel/click “hide” or close it. No one is being herded into theaters and strapped into chairs while their wallets are being emptied by overpriced tickets and snacks.

Last edited:
Exactly.

But remember, this is the internet. ...change bad, capitalism bad, insecurity good.

I don’t get why people get so upset over a meaningless piece of fictional entertainment media. Don’t like it? Don’t see it. It isn’t hard. No one is shoving anything down anyone’s throats. No one is being forced to watch it or even read about it. Oh it pops up on your social media account or a commercial comes on? Change the channel/click “hide” or close it. No one is being herded into theaters and strapped into chairs while their wallets are being emptied by overpriced tickets and snacks.
Look closer.

R

Exactly.

I buy my snacks at the Dollar Tree and smuggle them in. I still have to buy that $8.00 soda a couple times every year though.

But yeah, I do skip over things, change the channel, turn it off and usually go fishing.

I buy my snacks at the Dollar Tree and smuggle them in. I still have to buy that $8.00 soda a couple times every year though.

But yeah, I do skip over things, change the channel, turn it off and usually go fishing.

Haha yea same.

Even so, many still pay for it, in the form of Cable/Sat programming fees when the movies get aired.

Dad said, to know a thing, follow the money. So where does the money end up?

Greg

Even so, many still pay for it, in the form of Cable/Sat programming fees when the movies get aired.

Dad said, to know a thing, follow the money. So where does the money end up?

Greg

True, however you’re still paying for it voluntarily, as you aren’t forced to get cable. The flip side to that is you aren’t engaging in a transaction where you are paying specifically for the item you don’t want to see and the price is directed at the content you do consume. Every time you change the channel or view an aired program on cable/sat, that information is recorded and analyzed in order to see what people are interested in.

If you look at your guide channel/schedule, you’ll know when a show/movie you don’t support is airing. If you don’t like it, then you don’t flip to it. The network companies look at that and switch up their playlist by adding/cancelling shows or adding/removing movies.

If you want to ensure that a TV show has high ratings, just play it in a govt facility lol. I’d be willing to bet that a good chunk of Fox News viewership is from govt facilities. I have yet to be in a chow hall or VA that doesn’t have every TV tuned into that garbage all day everyday. Regardless of eyes on screen, that improves their ratings. If you leave your cable box on but your TV off and a show comes on that you don’t want to watch, it’s the same thing.

Same goes for streaming services but they tend to take their analytics a bit more seriously and ditch poor performers monthly/quickly.