• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Re: Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Are all these scopes, that will be on sale , in stock or are they going to be pre-orders for some of the scopes due to arrive in a couple months ?

david

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al redneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are all these scopes, that will be on sale , in stock or are they going to be pre-orders for some of the scopes due to arrive in a couple months ?

david </div></div>

In stock. Read original post.

My biggest issue in initial eval with the previous model is the impingement of the illumination knob on the resistive and shallow parallax/focus knob. Same tall turret as POI adjustment for non-illuminated would sell me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping this deal is better than the last one (1/3 off).

1300 * (1 - 1/3) = 866! </div></div>

If that's the case, I will get two, or even three to standardize my 308!

Damn, my budget just got tighter. I don't think this deal could possibly be good enough to meet my newly adjusted budget. Now I'm sad...
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping this deal is better than the last one (1/3 off).

1300 * (1 - 1/3) = 866! </div></div>

I don't think that would be better than the last deal. It would be equal. The last was 1500 down to 1000, which is 1/3 off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of the competition is already releasing their Black Friday deals. Can't wait to see what SWFA has to offer. I need a scope ASAP for my new Predator Pursuit. The wait is killing me. </div></div>

Yup. Budget for my build is tight. If the illuminated model can get close to the group buy cost, then I can do it. If this equals the group buy cost, then I can get some bells and whistles for the scope as well.
grin.gif

Can't wait. </div></div>

So, you are hoping they offer/price the same scope (illuminated model) that was offered in the Group Buy for the same price as the Group Buy? And only a month or so after all the Hide members got theirs? If this is the case, what was the purpose of the Group Buy? Seems kinda shitty for the Group Buy people that waited months and months. </div></div>

Economy is bad and everyone is tight. Amazing that the price for goodscopes have increased so much in recent years while medium family income has dropped

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yej0001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of the competition is already releasing their Black Friday deals. Can't wait to see what SWFA has to offer. I need a scope ASAP for my new Predator Pursuit. The wait is killing me. </div></div>

Yup. Budget for my build is tight. If the illuminated model can get close to the group buy cost, then I can do it. If this equals the group buy cost, then I can get some bells and whistles for the scope as well.
grin.gif

Can't wait. </div></div>

So, you are hoping they offer/price the same scope (illuminated model) that was offered in the Group Buy for the same price as the Group Buy? And only a month or so after all the Hide members got theirs? If this is the case, what was the purpose of the Group Buy? Seems kinda shitty for the Group Buy people that waited months and months. </div></div>

Economy is bad and everyone is tight. Amazing that the price for goodscopes have increased so much in recent years while medium family income has dropped </div></div>

That may be why this one optic has become all the rage lately.

Ive owned every model of the SS scopes except the 16x and the
1-4.

As for reliability they have been excellent as has been the value of the products.

The 6x42 is one that I particularly like and while the new variable and HD scopes have very high quality glass the old fixed power scopes are a hell of a lot of value for under three hundred bucks.

The Snipers Hide group buy on the 5-20x50 illuminated was a value that surprised the hell out of me. Since I have two of those; the scope I would really like to pick up the 3-9x42 mil quad so Im hopeful its on sale also but as reasonable as its price is there is probably not much room to reduce it. The illuminate ones dont have super bright illumination definately made for after sunset and illumination is always a bit of a tricky thing so I think the non illuminated 5-20 will be a huge success.

I've got to stop being so mean.

Leg hump away!

I joined the list too. I am expecting to see 899.99 but I have been wrong so many times it will be intellectually curious to see how close I am.

Of the people who have the illuminated model, is it worth the extra money to buy it? (5x20 scope)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of the people who have the illuminated model, is it worth the extra money to buy it? (5x20 scope) </div></div>

IMHO, no. Low level you can't see anything. High level it's bleeding all over the place. Is it supposed to light a dot or the full reticle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of the people who have the illuminated model, is it worth the extra money to buy it? (5x20 scope) </div></div>

IMHO, no. Low level you can't see anything. High level it's bleeding all over the place. Is it supposed to light a dot or the full reticle? </div></div>

Interesting. I believe it is supposed to light the center dot, but like any illuminated reticle, it will bleed if it is set too strong for the environment.

My Aimpoint bleeds like crazy at max setting in the dark. Turns into a 1000 MOA dot.
grin.gif

SWFA, have a question for you, e specs list the parallax on the illuminated model as 35-infinity, this one is listed as 50-infinity. Is this correct or is there a typo somewhere?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeepocabra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA, have a question for you, e specs list the parallax on the illuminated model as 35-infinity, this one is listed as 50-infinity. Is this correct or is there a typo somewhere? </div></div>

I believe their website lists both as 35-infinity.

This is perfect timing, thank you SWFA and Snipers Hide!

Im in also!

Looking like I'll be suscribing here shortly. This sport is definately detrimental to an E-4s bank account...though I have saved quite a bit through the WTS threads and the great support from the vendors (love that Mil/ LEO discount!) Count me in like Flynn guys!

On a side note how would this scope compare to the new HDMR on a price vs value scale. Both obviously have excellent reviews, but Im wondering if anyone other than Lowlight has shot them side by side and can comment on the feel of both compared to the other...Probably gonna buy it as an excuse to start another build (first one still isnt complete lol)just want to see the collective thought on them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I believe their website lists both as 35-infinity. </div></div>

You are correct, they do. So I assume that it's the post here that is inaccurate.

I signed up. Might possibly have something I'm needing...
plus, I have a pretty low post count so I figured I might as well let you all know.....

compare the resale value of a comparable NF to the SWFA and then crunch the numbers...

Still waiting....... Come on SWFA, out with the deals already. Looks like I will have to stay up past my bedtime tonight to see the specials.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still waiting....... Come on SWFA, out with the deals already. Looks like I will have to stay up past my bedtime tonight to see the specials.</div></div>

Hope your not disappointed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still waiting....... Come on SWFA, out with the deals already. Looks like I will have to stay up past my bedtime tonight to see the specials.</div></div>

Hope your not disappointed. </div></div>

I won't be disappointed either way. Already have a 5-20x50 illuminated. If the deals on SWFA scopes aren't crazy low I will just get one of the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50's. It's just the curiosity that makes me crazy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still waiting....... Come on SWFA, out with the deals already. Looks like I will have to stay up past my bedtime tonight to see the specials.</div></div>

Hope your not disappointed. </div></div>

I won't be disappointed either way. Already have a 5-20x50 illuminated. If the deals on SWFA scopes aren't crazy low I will just get one of the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50's. It's just the curiosity that makes me crazy.</div></div>

I just think, due to a couple of the main posters in this thread, it has people being a lil over optimistic in regards to the price that may/may not be listed. If I'm wrong, well I'm wrong.

It's funny how all the talking up of the SSHD (by others, not just you), then you quickly say if it's not cheap enough you'll just buy a Weaver.

Hell I hope they say the Non-illuminated models are $499!!! It'd just tickle the shit out of me simply because of all the shit it would stir up from all the GB folks. Good entertainment is hard to come by these days.

hmmmmm should I sell my illuminated one for this non illuminated one.... choices choices

Any guesses as to which time zone we're talking? 12:00 AM EST, or what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any guesses as to which time zone we're talking? 12:00 AM EST, or what?

</div></div>

Since they are located in Texas I would assume whatever their time zone is there. You never know though.

Central time zone - 2 hrs. 10 minutes if they wait until the stroke of midnight.......?

Well the black friday prices are up... i didn't get an email, but they're up on the site when you look at the swfa scopes.

It looks like you basicly get a free 6x super sniper and a hat when buying the scope. Price is still $1299. Not what I was hoping for.

In case anyone's interested, there are a few specials already up on SWFA's site on a few packages for SS scopes. Don't know if this is all there will be, but it's begun.

Just go to the SS scopes and scroll down the page to see what they have up at the moment. If this is is, I'm disappointed...... however, I don't see anything on just the new 5-20 non. illum special just yet.

BIG dissapointment. I know they wanna hype the new non-illuminated model... but seekins rings don't seal the deal for me. The 6x42 is not gonna bring me over the edge.

Guess we shall see. I'm not impressed myself with the package. Don't need alot of the extra stuff. Was just hoping for a good price on the scopes by themselves. Oh well...... wait for the e-mail.

Was wishing for a deal on the 3-9 or new 5-20 by themselves.

A free scope,Seekins rings, a mil-dot master, Butler Creek's for both...Wow! Damn you rent, Damn you!

BUMMER! Really have no use for the "free" scope. The money off would have been a lot better. Guess I'll pass on this. Dang it...

Includes the following for FREE:

SWFA SS 50mm Sun Shade
SWFA SS 6X42 tactical Rifle Scope
Butler Creek's for the 5-20x50
Butler Creeks for the 6x42
SWFA SS Hat
Seekins Precision 30mm medium scope rings (1 set)
Mil Dot Master
SWFA SS Switchview throwlever for the 5-20x50

Guys, I'm not sure that's "the deal". Those prices and packages were posted at 9am this morning when I was on their site looking for Mark 4's. I think there might still be something coming out in the email.

If not, I'm sorry.......LOL!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely going to be a lot of 6x's for sale soon. </div></div>

I wish the 6x42 was mil mil like the 5-20