• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Re: Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, we hear ya loud and clear.

First I must say that I am disappointed in those that are making accusations that this was a marketing ploy to steal and sell your e-mail address as this is as far from the truth as you can get.

Second it was not supposed to be on our site until the e-mail went out. It was all set up and set to "hidden" on our site prior to closing down early on Wednesday but the site updated at midnight Thursday and undid the "hidden" selection on all of the deals. We noticed it Thanksgiving morning but everyone was out of town so we had a hard time remoting in and undoing it but we did.

Our IT guys were going to stay up and manually turn them on at midnight but were not instructed which time zone or were too full of turkey and they turned them on at 10:00 pm Texas time.

The first group buy was a collective effort between SWFA and Snipers Hide, meaning that Frank shared in the expense to get the price down. You don't need to know the details or the numbers but he was crucial, trust me.

We did not want to offer a deal that we could not deliver so we put together the best package deal we could according to stock on hand and the deals are really good deals but I understand that you may not need the free scope and may not want to deal with selling it.

We'll have some meetings over the weekend and see if we can throw something else out there (no promises though), maybe a Cyber Monday only deal but most likely there won't be any "Blacked OuT" scopes left if they keep selling at the rate they are today.

Also anyone can get off our list with one click at the bottom of the e-mail on the link named, SafeUnsubscribe. </div></div>

I'd like to propose that you consider your 1-4 donut reticle scope as a potential discount item. Your Kit packages were a great deal and I wish I had jumped on it.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget the other scope, there's $200 of free shit with the rings, BC's, cat tail, etc.... People are pepper spraying kids over a $100 off an Xbox, and you bitch about an OFFER that you don't even HAVE to take.

Classless. </div></div>

More like they gots lots o' class JRose - all LOW.

Some people would bitch if you gave them a wrinkled up twenty dollar bill.

The customer service at SWFA has always been top notch online and in the store (though it's not much of a storefront!). They've always been helpful and seem to have a genuine concern for our sport/hobby/job.

Thanks for all you hard work putting this deal together and for the respect that you give to your fellow shooters on this site.

If anyone has any wrinkled $20's they don't I'll take them, no questions asked, no bitching from me. I promise.

I actually got one of these kits on order
smile.gif
Thanks for the deal SWFA !

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Sandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your right, whatever they offer is better than nothing. But with all the negative feedback over this "deal", <span style="font-weight: bold">it's clear people had something else in mind</span>.

It would actually be a really good deal from someone that had an application for the little scope.

Can't please everyone, you just try to please over half of them.... </div></div>

Thats certainly not SWFA's fault.

It think that a great deal really.

Swfa was trying to put together a package deal for all of you complainers.

If he just had the scope for say $1050 then a bunch of you would have cried because you need rings and a throw lever now. Oh wait, your back up to $1300 all of a sudden!!!! I don't get you guys! It's really confusing to me. Seems like a decent deal.

I agree with Jason, but I'll only give you $250 for everything. Because I think the scope is worth at least $1050.

Thanks Swfa for a great deal once again!

Just wanted to say thank you to chris and the rest of the folks at SWFA for this opportunty.

I was skeptical during the 2011 group buy and missed out on a great deal that my buddy capitalized on. After seeing the GB illum 5-20 first hand i couldnt pass this up.

I really dont have a defined use for the 6x but im sure ill find a reason to keep it. I myself was a little confused by the deal, as I think others might have been but its still a great deal.

Now that i placed my order (#17246)im wondering if you do have some kind of 'cyber monday bonus incentive' will that include those of us who purchased the package earlier in the weekend? Not a complaint - just want to be clear.

P.S maybe thats where the email only deal comes in?

Im happy either way and cant wait to check out my first SWFA purchase.

Yup,

They (SWFA) return correspondence, answer calls, if they can, they'll help you out.

If you want to know if your getting a fair shake, go to Midways "Black Friday Sale" and see the "<span style="font-style: italic">awesome sale price</span>" of their Weaver 3x15 FFP scope and then see SWFA's every-day price on the same scope (same mfgr #).

I missed their last 5x20 offer but picked one up from a Hide Member who sold his for somewhat more than the original sale price. Still a very good value and went to SWFA and bought all the other stuff that goes with it.

If you want that scope and need any of the other Kit Components, I wouldn't wait to long before that train leaves the station.

I had been looking at the 5x20 for awhile and was wanting a bunch of the items they included in the Black Friday deal.

I'm excited to get the scope, I wish I could've changed the medium rings to low rings though.

Thank SWFA.

I was in on the last group buy and would have gotten one of these if I had the dough, but not in the cards. I am going to

watch for the 6x to be sold on here later for a good mid range AR scope. SWFA, thanks for all the great deals, ignore the

whiners. After they sent all the Wall Street Occupiers home they have nothing better to do than get on here and bitch about

how they are entitled to a better deal.

Still digg'in your SS 3x9. Wouldn't mind seeing a Monday discount on the mil-quad!

Personally, I think SWFAs black friday deals are some of the best in the industry right now. I've looked high and low and most retailers had some pretty pathetic BF offerings. If I was in the market for another scope in that range, i'd def pick up the SWFA deal.

I am thinking that 6x may be a nice fit on a Blackout of some sort. I dig the non illumnated 5x20 too.

I'm in....again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am thinking that 6x may be a nice fit on a Blackout of some sort.
</div></div>

I think i might need to pickup an FNAR for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA does some really cool deals and I actually think they're quite a good company, but you gotta admit this was a let down. People are saying well what did you expect the group buy price and yea I think everyone who didnt get in on it the first time was hoping for that. It's like the girl everyone gets lucky with, but when you step up to bat she's feeling kinda "tired". </div></div>

People was expecting $$$ off, but it was the same price with extra goodies. In today's economy money is tight and people don't always have money for the extra goodies, so in my opinion, a $400 to $600 price reduction would have been much better excepted, then $600 in stuff you may not even need or be able to use. That's the case with me anyway and it sounds like I'm not the only one.

Either way, I'm thankful for them doing a sale and I'm not trying to bash them in anyway. I simply think they made a poor marketing decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Sandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA does some really cool deals and I actually think they're quite a good company, but you gotta admit this was a let down. People are saying well what did you expect the group buy price and yea I think everyone who didnt get in on it the first time was hoping for that. It's like the girl everyone gets lucky with, but when you step up to bat she's feeling kinda "tired". </div></div>

People was expecting $$$ off, but it was the same price with extra goodies. In today's economy money is tight and people don't always have money for the extra goodies, so in my opinion, a $400 to $600 price reduction would have been much better excepted, then $600 in stuff you may not even need or be able to use. That's the case with me anyway and it sounds like I'm not the only one.

Either way, I'm thankful for them doing a sale and I'm not trying to bash them in anyway. I simply think they made a poor marketing decision. </div></div>

That's exactly it. Honestly, I think the deal they put out is a great value. I could use a decent 6x optic for my AR. However, I just spent the last week and a half doing non-stop research to pull every penny out of a new build. So I would have been more excited to just get a good price on the optic itself, or a combo of the optic and accessories directly pertaining to it, such as the switchview lever, sun shade, and caps.

I am waiting to see if they can offer at least some deal on the illuminated.

Still punching myself in the face for missing that group buy.
mad.gif

I bet they sell a lot regardless of the people complaining. I was hoping for a cheaper price and the scope itself but as I said before I needed a lot of the items they supplied with it. So it saved me some time and money.

Nice offer but I must pass.

SWFA has supported a lot matches with there product. They offer there products here at reduced prices. If you do not need the item or items then do not buy them. I am sure someone will.

Well, what's a honest quick-resale value for the 6x42 with the caps plus the seeking rings? If one can get 400 coins out of them, the 5-20x50 still is a good value at 900

I wish they bundle the 10x42 with it even at $100 extra. I will be able to keep and use an extra 10x42

Business is business and if you don't like to offer than look for something else.

I'll give you 400 dimes for the 6x42 with the caps, and seekins rings.

The 6x42 is an awesome scope it has a 7mm exit eye pupil so way brighter in low light than a 10x42 with its 4.2mm exit eye pupil. Im sure the though here is that by getting the 6x into the hands of some guys who know their stuff it will start to be a really popular scope. The 6x has only been out for a year and no major add campaign on it to date. I have one and I wish I had several as its a power range you can hand hold and shoot on the run where 10x sucks to try and get onto a target under about 100 yds. The 6x is about ideal for most LE designated marksman use because its bright in low light and you cant screw up and be on too high of a power to quickly get on target at those 60 to 80 yd engagement ranges that are most likely.

Yup, I was ready to buy for the right price, but just couldn't swing $1300 right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll give you 400 dimes for the 6x42 with the caps, and seekins rings. </div></div>

1 up ya BALLISTIC.. I'll give him 400 quarters for that package! Sorry, highest bidder, ya know!

It is a good deal really but instead of selling the 6x I'd probably buy another rifle to put under it so it would end up costing me a lot more.

I'll throw my offer out there, I need two switchviews, and two sunshades, I will give $35. each for the switchviews and $20. each for the sunshades, shipped to my address. PM me if you are interested.
Thanks, SScott

after reading through this thread I would say there are 6 people "bitching" about this deal instead of a straight price reduction. There are about 66 people bitching about those 6 posts. Only a couple of posts have even come across as rude to me (rude to SWFA that is). Many of the other posts are just letting SWFA know what people were hoping for - a price reduction. Every time someone posts what they were hoping for 5 or 6 people jump on them for "bitching" about the deal. Just an observation.

6 people bitching
66 people bitching about the bitching
1 person keeping track of the bitching

Got it. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping this deal is better than the last one (1/3 off).

1300 * (1 - 1/3) = 866!</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lionsden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in, hope this deal equals or betters the last one! Thanks SWFA</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lionsden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in, hope this deal equals or betters the last one! Thanks SWFA </div></div>

I'm hoping equal to the previous group buy. Better? I doubt it. The group buy prices were redonculous.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RotARy15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rootney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of the competition is already releasing their Black Friday deals. Can't wait to see what SWFA has to offer. I need a scope ASAP for my new Predator Pursuit. The wait is killing me. </div></div>

Yup. Budget for my build is tight. If the illuminated model can get close to the group buy cost, then I can do it. If this equals the group buy cost, then I can get some bells and whistles for the scope as well.
grin.gif

Can't wait. </div></div>

Here are the posts that took this thread in the wrong direction. You can see how these folks automatically started to "speculate" on a huge price cut. SWFA never says anything in regards to a price cut anywhere in their post on the first page. When the above posts got made on the 2nd page in regards to a price cut, people took it and ran with it. Alot of peoples disappointment was their own fault for reading into something that never was. I posted early on in this thread that they must be crazy to think that SWFA was going to offer an even cheaper price than the Group Buy price. It would be a total slap in the face to all the people that waited months for the first SSHD scopes. It just makes no sense, but with the blatant herd mentality that ran rampit through this thread, nobody wanted to listen to reason.
I've bought from SWFA in the past and I'll be buying from them again. I think the email blast thing was a total F*ck up, in all regards, but that's neither here nor there.
You cant say SWFA didn't deliver, as they never made any promises to drop the price. They said they'd offer a "deal" and they did. It just wasn't what people were wanting. You can't really pissed at them for that. The people who are upset about the price, buy a cheaper scope, or keep saving.

***if youll take note and look, MOST of the bullshit here was posted by newbs. I'm not trying to hate or discriminate, but facts are facts.

I think this is a great deal. Too bad I bought one of the ill models. If this was available then I would still buy it.

If anyone doesn't want their 6X42 send me a pm when you get it. I am interested in one and haven't found alot of info out there. May be a good time to try one.

SWFA and Lowlight,

Thanks for "giving us" the opportunity to get a pretty good deal on good optic. It has already been posted on how the accessories not wanted/needed can be sold to make it a good deal. I guess a few feel you should give things away so they can brag about what a great deal they got.

trevor300wsm nailed it with his post. You support the shooting community, please don't let a few people bitching about a deal that they somehow conceived and was not promised ruin it for the rest of us.

Yes the IT thing didn't work as advertised, but shit happens. People need to get over it. SWFA has always put us the customer first

Thanks again SWFA

Dino

I'm on the idea of putting the 6x42 on a future AR build
smile.gif
can't wait for mine to come in!

Aron-

Didn't read much of the thread but I got the SWFA email last night at about 10:30pm and jumped on the 10x42. I've been eyeballing that scope for a while and I think it'll start me out right (especially with the extras) on my Rem 700 SPS Tac.

Quit your bitchin sally!!

Seriously what are people so bent out of shape for? SWFA offered a hell of a black friday deal like they said up front they would and it was a deal on the scope they said it would be. So what it wasn't a deal on just the scope? Don't like it, then don't buy it, it's pretty simple. There will be more for the people that do order them.

If I could have afforded it I would have bought the scope alone as long as it was under $900 or the whole package for $1300, but I couldn't swing it so I'm not complaining either way.

Besides, the deal was better than if they had just sold the scope for $800, you get $600+ worth of free shit which makes it more like getting it for $700 if you want to be technical. People are bitching about them giving an even better deal... did some people forget to turn their brains on this morning?

Bottom line if you don't like the free stuff either sell it or move on. If you don't want to deal with selling it... move on. It's quite simple, but if people did this then they wouldn't have something to bitch about.

I have to question how many of the people complaining would have bought it even if it was a deal on just the scope. Just looks like a bunch of people blowing smoke to me.

BTW if anybody else wants to sell their 6X42 for $150 like glock24 did I'll buy it.

First off I'd like to say that I am a swfa customer, and I have always appreciated their great customer service.

Second, I'm a lurked here, and not very often do I decide to make a post... But I figured I'd I though my .02 cents in here.

Ill admit that I signed up for the email blast to check out the deal...The package to me looks like a good deal...it wasn't what I was looking for so I didn't buy it... No problem. There are lots of bf deals I didn't buy.

What did bother me a little bit, and I would like to see swfa address is that they very clearly stated that the deal was an "exclusive" deal for email members...

"An email blast will go out to our email subscribers with the full details and will only be available to our email subscribers."

Swfa in the previous post stated that they didn't mean to put it up on the website before the email went out, but I think it's pretty clear they meant to open it up for everone... Which is fine if that's what they want to do, but don't lie to me and tell me I have to signup for an email list... Just tell me "check ur website on the 25th"

Bottom line is that they want people to be on their mailing list... I don't think they would sell the list, but let's face the facts, email address are a commodity and marketing tool. There is a value to having a list of people's emails that are interested in the products you sell!

I know this might be small potatoes to some of you, but to me it's deceitful, and I would sure like an explanation.

Aaron

After finishing the thread, all I have to say is some of you would bitch if you had your balls caught in a brand new vice.

I just got the scope I've been wanting for $182 and change (40% savings) considering all the freebies that came with it.

Like many said before me, if you did not find the deal "fair" or don't want to buy it, simply say "no thanks" and move on.

Or go occupy something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow....amazing what some will bitch about!!

Who wanted $300 off? I'll tell you how you can get it.

Go buy the package, when received send me all the extra goodies, I want all of them though.....you keep just the 5-20x50 scope.....and I'll give you $300 for the rest of the package.

PM me if you want to take advantage of this special jasonk BLACK FRIDAY sale. I will extend this offer to at least 2 people because I can use the 6X and a couple throw levers and really everything else in that package.

Who will take me up on it? </div></div>

...and for those who have had bad dealings with this jasonk guy, I'll offer the same deal as he is except I'll give you $250 for the other stuff and you won't have to deal with him.
laugh.gif

JasonK has made a good point by making his offer to buy the rest of the stuff. It's a win-win for both parties! I will offer the same. Anyone want to sell ME all the goodies for $300, less the 5x20HD, I would take it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forget the other scope, there's $200 of free shit with the rings, BC's, cat tail, etc.... People are pepper spraying kids over a $100 off an Xbox, and you bitch about an OFFER that you don't even HAVE to take.

Classless. </div></div>

I second this notion. Seems like a select few would like to put an end to all group buys and vendor hookups. This shit is ridiculous. 8 pages of bitching over a lot of free stuff when it didn't even have to be put out there. Seems like it was set up to make more sales and hook people up with free gear that they could either use or sell but SWFA doesn't owe anyone free gear. Please stop with the complaining, it will only lead to gun shy vendors.

Holy shit, its worse than I thought. I just looked at all the free stuff you would get with the deal.

4- Butler creek scope caps- $32

2- Sun shades - $50

1- Mil dot master - $30

1- Throw lever - $60

1- Set of Seekins rings - $120

1- Free scope - $300

AND a hat haha.

Some of you should be ashamed, I feel sorry for the folks who inventoried everything and lined this deal up. For their efforts they get to field all this bullshit, jump through hoops and try to come up with something "better".

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">I suggest you put the hat to good use and pull it down real low if you ever meet any of the folks from SWFA.</span></span>

12 hours deep and no buyers remorse here - im actually excited about the 6X too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow....amazing what some will bitch about!!

Go buy the package, when received send me all the extra goodies, I want all of them though.....you keep just the 5-20x50 scope.....and I'll give you $300 for the rest of the package.

PM me if you want to take advantage of this special jasonk BLACK FRIDAY sale. I will extend this offer to at least 2 people because I can use the 6X and a couple throw levers and really everything else in that package.

...and for those who have had bad dealings with this jasonk guy, I'll offer the same deal as he is except I'll give you $250 for the other stuff and you won't have to deal with him.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Well, so far I've got one taker on the jasonk black Friday sale, and it wasn't even one of the price point complainers here. So I'm not sure at what price point they would have jumped, I offered the equivalent to damn near 25% off the price of the scope.....in return....crickets.

Still a great deal imho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow....amazing what some will bitch about!!

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Well, so far I've got one taker on the jasonk black Friday sale, and it wasn't even one of the price point complainers here. So I'm not sure at what price point they would have jumped, I offered the equivalent to damn near 25% off the price of the scope.....in return....crickets.

Still a great deal imho. </div></div>

JasonK FTW

What a bunch of self important, whiny little girls. The disappointment of what and how this sale was marketed and you got the balls to make accusations because you got a little sand in your vagina?

All the deals they have year around, and the member only deals thay setup here, along with the fact that they make a product that compares to some of the fairly more expensive scopes out there, and this particular sale sends you howling at the moon? Thats petty. Petty and childish. SWFA has been a much bigger part of this industry, sport and website, than most of the nancies that had crap to blast. I highly doubt that you lack of satisfaction will deter these folks. But you just may have fucked future deals up with this sites members. If that be the case, I can only wish for infected, open sores on your genitials.

I must not be all that smart because I think it is a great deal and I got one on order.

The illuminated scope was $1000 rings $120....

It seems to me to be close to the other scope deal plus you get another scope, thats not mil/mil, but I have been turning Mil/Moa for a minute.....

Thanks SWFA!!!