• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

Re: Black Friday: SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Non Illuminated

I jumped on the deal. Wanted to get in on the GB, but got busy with work and missed it. I prefer the non-illuminated models so this was right up my ally. The 6x, it'll find a home on something new in the future.

Kudos to SWFA for offering up the deal, although I will admit the "email sign up" was a little unwarranted.

I thought it was a great deal when I received the email, regardless of what everyone else has thought. As many have mentioned, you could always sell the extra stuff you don't need, and still have a pretty good deal on the 5-20x. If I hadn't already picked up a Bushnell Elite Tactical this week, I'd be all over it this deal. In fact, I am still trying to figure out a way to buy one now!
smile.gif

Hey, you have to give SWFA credit, they are making an effort!

As stated above if anyone wants to unload the 6x in the future I'll be in line to buy them in the optics for sale section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aard3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First off I'd like to say that I am a swfa customer, and I have always appreciated their great customer service.

Second, I'm a lurked here, and not very often do I decide to make a post... But I figured I'd I though my .02 cents in here.

Ill admit that I signed up for the email blast to check out the deal...The package to me looks like a good deal...it wasn't what I was looking for so I didn't buy it... No problem. There are lots of bf deals I didn't buy.

What did bother me a little bit, and I would like to see swfa address is that they very clearly stated that the deal was an "exclusive" deal for email members...

"An email blast will go out to our email subscribers with the full details and will only be available to our email subscribers."

Swfa in the previous post stated that they didn't mean to put it up on the website before the email went out, but I think it's pretty clear they meant to open it up for everone... Which is fine if that's what they want to do, but don't lie to me and tell me I have to signup for an email list... Just tell me "check ur website on the 25th"

Bottom line is that they want people to be on their mailing list... I don't think they would sell the list, but let's face the facts, email address are a commodity and marketing tool. There is a value to having a list of people's emails that are interested in the products you sell!

I know this might be small potatoes to some of you, but to me it's deceitful, and I would sure like an explanation.

Aaron
</div></div>
Here is your explanation. SWFA would love to sell you something useful that you will enjoy owning. If you have no interest in their products thats OK. I find that my personal email gets flooded with adds from Midwayusa, Brownells, Brownells LE, Creedmore Sports and the list goes on. But I find that only rarely possibly once a month will I get an email from SWFA with specials, if I'm not interested I delete it. They do not sell the list. If you have no interest in being on their email list call them and ask to be removed from the list. Quite frankly the Snipers Hide Forum members have been provided with information and specials like the group buy on the 5-20 SS even before the information was even available to me as a Moderator on SWFA's own forum Opticstalk.com . <span style="font-weight: bold">The buying power of the Snipers Hide Forum Members is recognised and appreciated.
THANK YOU.</span>

Urimaginaryfrnd OT Moderator

I'm fairly excited about the deal. I have an LTR that has never been fired and a Ruger Scout without glass. I'm thinking this could fit the bill nicely.

I'm not questioning the "value" of being on swfa's mailing list... I'm asking why they lied.

It's about the integrity of the company. If they will lie to get people to sign up to their mailing list... What else are they willing to lie about?

Aaron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aard3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not questioning the "value" of being on swfa's mailing list... I'm asking why they lied.

It's about the integrity of the company. If they will lie to get people to sign up to their mailing list... What else are they willing to lie about?

Aaron </div></div>

Try reading before calling out SWFA as liars...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, we hear ya loud and clear.

First I must say that I am disappointed in those that are making accusations that this was a marketing ploy to steal and sell your e-mail address as this is as far from the truth as you can get.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Second it was not supposed to be on our site until the e-mail went out. It was all set up and set to "hidden" on our site prior to closing down early on Wednesday but the site updated at midnight Thursday and undid the "hidden" selection on all of the deals. We noticed it Thanksgiving morning but everyone was out of town so we had a hard time remoting in and undoing it but we did.</span>

Our IT guys were going to stay up and manually turn them on at midnight but were not instructed which time zone or were too full of turkey and they turned them on at 10:00 pm Texas time.

The first group buy was a collective effort between SWFA and Snipers Hide, meaning that Frank shared in the expense to get the price down. You don't need to know the details or the numbers but he was crucial, trust me.

We did not want to offer a deal that we could not deliver so we put together the best package deal we could according to stock on hand and the deals are really good deals but I understand that you may not need the free scope and may not want to deal with selling it.

We'll have some meetings over the weekend and see if we can throw something else out there (no promises though), maybe a Cyber Monday only deal but most likely there won't be any "Blacked OuT" scopes left if they keep selling at the rate they are today.

Also anyone can get off our list with one click at the bottom of the e-mail on the link named, SafeUnsubscribe. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aard3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not questioning the "value" of being on swfa's mailing list... I'm asking why they lied.

Aaron </div></div>

Take your conspiracy theories, and go the fuck away...

I signed up for the email blast too. The fact that the sale was a little out of my price range does not bother me at all. I am used to that on my limited budget. LOL.

That being said, if anybody else wants to sell their 6X42 with the accompanying goodies, feel free to PM me as well...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That being said, if anybody else wants to sell their 6X42 with the accompanying goodies, feel free to PM me as well... </div></div>

This, PM me too. I am interested in a 6x42.

Aaron </div></div>

Aaron nobody intentionally lied to you. SWFA in appreciation for the relationship they have developed with Snipers Hide went out of their way to make sure the Snipers Hide Forum members had the opportunity to get on the mailing list so that they could know about the special deal if they wanted to know - it was VOLUNTARY nobody held a gun to your head and told you to sign up. In fact its really easy to get off the email list click the link at the bottom or call them. I heard about the Black Friday deal here first ---

So if you were not on the email list the info did not go out to you. You might be able to run across the package if you knew where to look:
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-Scopes-C1719.aspx
but nothing they put out other than the email add guides you there. So I dont think anyone is telling you a lie or has any intent to decieve you in any way. Aaron you are reading something into this that just isnt there.
Urimaginaryfrnd OT Moderator

I am excited to see all the extras that came with the package, an extra scope can come in handy as well..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagle1899</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

That being said, if anybody else wants to sell their 6X42 with the accompanying goodies, feel free to PM me as well... </div></div>

This, PM me too. I am interested in a 6x42. </div></div>

Me too.... Intact PM me now and ill line it up to get you the money early next week for one guys.

Thanks,
Merritt

I have heard the 6X is the clearest of the original fixed power SS scopes. It is most popular with rimfires and on mid-range ARs for obvious reasons. Might have a little better luck asking in one of those sections.

Missed this one but am awaiting an after Christmas sale...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Missed this one but am awaiting an after Christmas sale... </div></div>

You haven't missed it. This sale is going until midnight tomorrow.

I'm waiting until tomorrow to see if they have a cyber monday deal. If they have any discount on the illuminated model then I'll take it. If not, I will settle on the non-illum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking about going in on this deal. Just want the 5-20. </div></div>

Sell the extras then - I think that is the general consensus. I thought it was worth the deal, that's why I purchased it.

This is an AWESOME deal. I wish I could swing it but money is going other places right now. I can't believe all the bitching as I read through this... The BALLS some have to call out SWFA (After all they have done for US) simply because the deal wasn't what they expected. Oh, and the email list... Grow up puss-cakes, there are bigger things to worry about.

WOOHOO!!! Cyber monday deal-20% off non-illuminated! $1040. SWFA came through with 2 great deals to fit everyones needs!

Big thumbs up!

Yes, very cool deal. I'm happy with the Black Friday, but for those who wanted the money off there is a good deal now.

if ever there was an example of "listening to the customers"....

Well now all the little girls can officially stop crying! Cant wait to get my kit
smile.gif

Aron-

Just ordered the 5-20x50 Black Friday kit with the 6x42 fixed. Too good of a deal to pass up. Thinking about using the 6x for a M1A and saving the 5-20 for a precision bolt build I want to start. Excited to try them out.

Just goes to show the quality of the guys running SWFA... Coming out with a 2nd deal after a great Black Friday deal. There is a reason I keep going back to them for my Optics purchases

Hard to argue with how they responded, I spoke with one of their employees on the phone this morning and everything went quick and smooth. Thumbs up so far, now the waiting game until UPS shows up sometime this week.

I have 2 of the ill. 5-20 hd scopes . I wanted another but decided a Weaver Tactical for $675 from Midway was too good to pass up . There are several good optics companies , one of them is SWFA . I am sure they will sell quite a few more scopes since they offered a discounted price .

david

A small part of me can't believe that I just spent 1300$ on 2 aluminum tubes full of glass and a hat, but a much larger part of me hasn't been this excited about anything I've bought for a long while.

Thanks SWFA for a really fantastic deal. You guys made my day.

All I've got to say is THANK YOU SWFA!!! I'm stoked. I've never had a scope on any of my rifles over 200$. This was the year I decided that was gonna change.

I have been searching all over for a Viper PST, really wanted a Razor, but way out of my price range. Well thanks to SWFA I now have a scope better than a Razor by most accounts, slightly more than the PST, and an additional scope worth 300$, and they won't be attached to my rifles with Walmart rings.

Now I can't wait till my first F/tr match.

Thanks again SWFA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: looty24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I've got to say is THANK YOU SWFA!!! I'm stoked. I've never had a scope on any of my rifles over 200$. This was the year I decided that was gonna change.

I have been searching all over for a Viper PST, really wanted a Razor, but way out of my price range. Well thanks to SWFA I now have a scope better than a Razor by most accounts, slightly more than the PST, and an additional scope worth 300$, and they won't be attached to my rifles with Walmart rings.

Thanks again SWFA </div></div>

Good story, I'm glad to hear others took advantage of the deal as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeeprider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered mine I couldn't let this deal pass by!! Hopefully all of us who placed an order don't have to wait to long for these bad boys! </div></div>

Not long at all. Got a message that they will be delivered Thursday. Looking forward to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaptain86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is set to be delivered on Wednesday, excellent! </div></div>

You must live closer to SWFA than I do; I'm getting mine on Friday.

The PST has an Ill reticle and a zero stop which the SWFA does not. The only benefit would be better glass in the SWFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: looty24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I've got to say is THANK YOU SWFA!!! I'm stoked. I've never had a scope on any of my rifles over 200$. This was the year I decided that was gonna change.

WOW -- CYBER MONDAY---- Did everyone get the no extras
20% off offer on the scope alone good until midnight tonight? Check your email guys.

I know everybody is really happy with these deals and by all accounts I am shocked SWFA came and offered the Cyber Monday deal but that's just me. What I don't see is the why it is all of the sudden the end all be all. Comparing it to a Vortex Razor is not a real comparison let alone saying it is better. It isn't better by any means and I know this will piss some people off but it's the truth. Especially the Non-Illum version we are speaking of. Congratulations on a great scope purchase and I'm glad that so many can have great glass for a great price, but I'm tired of seeing these uneven comparisons that are way off base and I think people need to be a litle more realistic about what this scope is.

Sniperdog re-read it he didnt make a comparison he wanted a Razor and it was out of his price range. I think he made a value based wise choice buyin a Super Sniper 5-20x50. Not all of us can put a Heinsoldt or a USO or a Razor or a Premier or S&B or NF on every rifle. I can remember when I felt really fortunate to just own one scope with tactical knobs a 20x42 Super Sniper.

The idea the everyone that says they got the 5-20x50SS over a NF or better is value versus what you get in a scope. The SS HD in my opinion is the best scope with the best options for the money value.

Aron-

Sniperdogg, I think I would go lightly on calling out the comparisons being that Lowlight is the first one to evaluate them agains the Razor and Nightforce and other similar priced scopes. I won't go back and quote him but I know he said at its price point either the group buy price or the full price it was the best buy out there. I know I am happy and I gave up a USO SN3 to get two of the illuminated models but I am kicking my rear for not going in for 3-4 of them now. They are that good.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this deal (at the last minute), but I noticed the Seekins rings are medium height. Would that be correct for a Remington 700 LTR with Larue mount, or should it be low rings? Anyone know for sure?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniperdogg, I think I would go lightly on calling out the comparisons being that Lowlight is the first one to evaluate them agains the Razor and Nightforce and other similar priced scopes. I won't go back and quote him but I know he said at its price point either the group buy price or the full price it was the best buy out there. I know I am happy and I gave up a USO SN3 to get two of the illuminated models but I am kicking my rear for not going in for 3-4 of them now. They are that good. </div></div>

I'm not knocking the SS. I may end up with one evntually. I'm just saying that it seems like everybody is making it out to be a USO or something. LL did use it as a comparison and I believe it is in some accounts comparible but to say it is better than a NF or Razor is absurd. At $1250, it is a great scope. For the $1500 retail price, I personally would buy a Razor or Leupy ER/T if I needed FFP but that's just me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Urimaginaryfrnd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniperdog re-read it he didnt make a comparison he wanted a Razor and it was out of his price range. I think he made a value based wise choice buyin a Super Sniper 5-20x50. Not all of us can put a Heinsoldt or a USO or a Razor or a Premier or S&B or NF on every rifle. I can remember when I felt really fortunate to just own one scope with tactical knobs a 20x42 Super Sniper. </div></div>

I agree %100 that it was a wise choice given the price range he is in. For the price, it is a great scope and I would probably buy that scope if it were all I could afford. He did, in my opinion and from everything I can see, say it is better than a Razor:

"I now have a scope better than a Razor by most accounts"

Seems like a comparison and I'd sure like to know which accounts those are and how that doesn't agree with eveything I said in my first post about everybody making crazy claims about this scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The PST has an Ill reticle and a zero stop which the SWFA does not. The only benefit would be better glass in the SWFA.

Thanks again SWFA </div></div> </div></div>

There's a huge difference in quality between a japanese scope and a phillipino scope. Your not paying extra for just glass quality. The zero stop on the PST is a joke, they're just shims which anyone with basic handyman skills can make for most of the scopes out there, I'd hardly call that a added feature, if it had a built in zero stop like the razor, NF, or S&B then I would consider it a feature. The SS is also available illuminated for $200 more, unlike vortex SWFA gives those that don't need illumination the opportunity to save $200 on a feature they won't use.

The SS is a much better scope than a PST no matter how you slice it.

First time post, been lurking awhile.... I couldn't pass up the black friday package and ordered it tonight before the deal expired. My Bass Pro Visa card has gotten a serious workout with my latest precision AR build!

The Seekins rings are likely going to be a bit low - I expect the objective will have clearance but the stock/cheekweld may be too high. If so, I'd be interested in selling or trading the medium height rings included in this deal. After a dry fit I'll know for sure. PM me if you are interested, or can help me out with the trade. Thanks SWFA !!!!!

John

You'll have to watch it, I don't think you are allowed to do sales like that without 100 posts.