• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Black Is Beautiful

Re: Black Is Beautiful

My rifle is setup all black for the last year...I ordered a new stock and will be going to 4 color Flectran. I say to each their own. As long as they are happy, then it's great!

Back on topic...I think your stick looks great!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">People can have the Model T in any colour--so long as it's black.
<span style="font-style: italic">Henry Ford
US automobile industrialist (1863 - 1947) </span></span></div></div>

It looked nice before, it looks nice now, if you are happy with it that is all that counts. I don't think a red corvette goes any faster than a black one. I can't imagine a camouflaged rifle being more accurate than a black one.

Each reflects the preferences of its owner. Is there a standardized color for firearms? Paint your rifle any color that floats your boat. Black tends to blend in more in a range environment, where a camouflaged one screams for attention like a red corvette.

One a "two way range" or hunting the camouflaged rifle is going to typcally blend better, depending on your enviroment. On a two way range its the nail that sticks out that gets the hammer, so it pays to blend. Its not so important on a one way range.

Paint your rifles any color or combination of colors you want,so long as it makes you happy, who really cares what anyone else thinks? I think the OP did a nice job painting his rifle to match his preference.

I camo everything, WHY? cause it makes me feel all Snipery. I do have black guns for when I'm feelin all Ninja'ish

Looks good to me - then again my rifles are both black with black scopes so I might be biased. Come to think of it my handguns are black as well.

FWIW I usually shoot after work or in the morning. And the ranges I shoot at most often all have sun-shades anyway. If I did a lot of shooting under the sun I imagine I would go tan for practical reasons too.

The only thing better than all black is black and stainless.
It looks killer and can shoot the lights out.
Well done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned 2 black bolt rifles in the past 5 years...Guess who owns them now?....Woody, you wanna take a crack at this one?
smile.gif
</div></div>
Nope, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I camo everything, WHY? cause it makes me feel all Snipery. I do have black guns for when I'm feelin all Ninja'ish </div></div>
There's something awesome about this statement. Perhaps it's simply the pure honesty of it. There are times those of us who aren't snipers (or ninjas) want to feel like one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I camo everything, WHY? cause it makes me feel all Snipery. I do have black guns for when I'm feelin all Ninja'ish </div></div>

WIN.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I camo everything, WHY? cause it makes me feel all Snipery. I do have black guns for when I'm feelin all Ninja'ish </div></div>

WIN. </div></div>

Yepper . . . . I'm not a ninja-dude, but I play one at the range
laugh.gif

You gotta' call it <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"The Black Panther."</span></span>
<span style="font-style: italic">It hunts at night.</span>

That would be way, totally awesome and bitchin,' too.

thumbnail.aspx

Do you wear black rubbers so you can bang bitches without them knowing it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I camo everything, WHY? cause it makes me feel all Snipery. I do have black guns for when I'm feelin all Ninja'ish </div></div>

Do you wear black rubbers so you can bang bitches without them knowing it?</div></div>

I already have a ninja weener, thats where its too small for them to feel anyway

I like it and nice job. The McMillan camo is only cool until you show up to the range and two people have the identical stock. I'm about to do my sps tactical in all white with some tan and thin black lines kinda like tall grass but only here-and-there around the stock.

I like the all black look on most firearms. That one in particular happens to look very good!

Its like any guitar or car i've owned that i actually decided to go different and not get my favorite, black... I end up wishing it was black. you can never go wrong!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yes, let's not paint it ANY color at all. Let's leave all the materials in their natural state whether it be stainless, blued, or a combination of sanded down filler, epoxy and fiberglass. That way, it's so neutral that there are no complaints.

It always cracks me up when I see black rifles. I guess the shooters never shoot during the middle of the day in the desert with the sun beating down on their rifles for a couple of hours. Black would be my first choice in that situation. I like looking like Freddy Kruger.

I'll stick with my rattle can Krylon job that no one will buy. </div></div>

Yeah, I learned my lesson about stock color at my first F-Class match. The sun in Colorado is hot, and a black McMillan did not help at all. My next stock will either be a solid tan or some sort of lighter-colored camo/swirl. Black is just rough on the hands and face.

As for aesthetics, I agree that some guys go a bit further than I would (I am certainly not going to paint a $2000 scope) but whatever floats your boat is fine by me. I have yet to determine whether camo scares sheeple more than black guns do.