• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BlackOps Precision Enhanced Heavy Duty DBM

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Some of you may remember that I posted the original prototype of my Enhanced Heavy Duty (EHD) DBM here about a year ago.

I'm happy (and proud) to report that, after a slight design overhaul (thanks to the Rimfire Project, see "Stepping Up To The Plate" in the Rimfire section), the first 50 are out of production and were Anodized today. I'll be running them in quantities of at least 100 on a regular basis, and that number will go up after SHOT.

I refer to this system as "Enhanced," because of the number of improvements that have been incorporated into its design. I'll be the first to say that there are numerous good quality DBM systems available today and I've used most of them. I've also used a few "not-so-good" systems.

What I've done here is dissect the environments that duty type rifles are used in and, by speaking with a lot of professional users, created a very specific design criteria. One of the greater issues faced by professional users in a true duty environment is magazine rattle. I've dealt with this issue by designing a Magazine Pre-Load Piston that places downward pressure on the back of the magazine. This capability has provided a greater level of Noise Discipline for the user that doesn't want to be detected. In addition, this feature also makes magazine changes more positive with an "eyes off the gun" mag change. Most other systems also have magazine wells that are far too tight, but our Pre-Load Piston has allowed us to machine the magazine well to the proper dimensions.

Another problem area in most other systems is the absence of a Full Perimeter Magazine Bevel. I've eliminated this issue, making it far easier to find the mag well without getting lost in the gun. I've properly located the magazine release to allow for this feature, which also makes operating the mag release more positive.

The BlackOps EHD DBM is machined from 7075-T651 and Hard Coat Anodized. The Pre-Load Piston and Magazine Release are manufactured from 4140. The Piston and Release in the photos below were left unfinished to provide better contrast of detail, but the finished Piston and Release are Phosphate finished.

The Long Action version of the EHD DBM will go into production shortly after SHOT Show.

2i7wj11.jpg

dzgs4h.jpg

r019cj.jpg

2610v91.jpg

33xu05y.jpg

The following pics are the EHD DBM system mounted to the new BlackOps Precision (BOP) Model 911. The BOP Model 911 uses our own uniquely designed features (Ejection Port, Bolt Handle, Bolt Knob, Blind Hole Side Bolt Release, Fire Control System, Recoil Lug, etc., etc.). Also shown here are our Stainless Steel Precision Pillar System and the BlackOps Trigger (manufactured for us by Timney).

de8in4.jpg

2ef2smp.jpg

1zvwg7r.jpg

eb203s.jpg

351d087.jpg

The Short Action EHD DBM accepts AICS, AW and the new BlackOps Precision 22LR magazines. The inlet is unique to this DBM. I'll be sending out inletting info to the stock manufacturers right after the first of the new year. All BlackOps Precision rifles will use this DBM and the EHD DBM will be available for purchase through BlackOps Precision. We're currently building rifles with this DBM and the first ones are due to ship soon.

The Pre-Load Piston requires a modification be made to the bottom of Remington 700 receivers (or Rem700 clones), and I will provide full modification details for this feature with each EHD DBM. The feature should be performed by a competent Gunsmith, but it's very simple.

All BlackOps Precision Model 911 actions have this unique feature already machined.

Thanks Sniper's Hide Members and Merry Christmas.

Re: BlackOps Precision Enhanced Heavy Duty DBM

Glad to see production on these is moving forward. I really like the idea of the pre-load piston.

What footprint is your dbm similar to? Larger, smaller, etc than say a surgeon or badger dbm? Trying to get an idea if this will work for other stocks that are already inletted for different bottom metals.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 468shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to see production on these is moving forward. I really like the idea of the pre-load piston.

What footprint is your dbm similar to? Larger, smaller, etc than say a surgeon or badger dbm? Trying to get an idea if this will work for other stocks that are already inletted for different bottom metals.

Thanks and Merry Christmas! </div></div>

Thanks Shot....The basic inlet of the Surgeon is too large and the Badger is too small. In the inlet, you'll also have to accommodate the area on the top rear of the mag well where the Pre-Load Piston is housed.

The Surgeon inlet is more easily used as long as a relief is made in the stock for the Piston, but there will be a noticeable gap around the perimeter of the DBM..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Outstanding looking system. Question, have to tried a Timney flat trigger in your DBM? </div></div>

Thanks Knight....I haven't, but I wouldn't use the flat shoe in my rifles as it's delivered from Timney. I'd make a few changes to the shoe, and afterwards, have no doubt it'll work in my DBM.

Man I am getting excited to get my rifle! I appreciate all the hard work you are putting in, but go home and have a Merry Christmas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I am getting excited to get my rifle! I appreciate all the hard work you are putting in, but go home and have a Merry Christmas. </div></div>

Thanks Jarrod....just got home a little bit ago.

Your rifle goes to the finish room next week.

Ah, very nice. How bout them AICS .223 mags?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shadysmitty68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good Mike. Have a Merry Christmas </div></div>

Thanks Smitty and good to hear from you. Merry Christmas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spot69221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, very nice. How bout them AICS .223 mags?
wink.gif
</div></div>

Not a problem and the mag well on my Model 911 action (used for the .223) is optimized for this mag.

Very nice mike. It's looking great. Say my McM A5 is inletted for Badger Ordnance DBM, would it be much more work to inlet the Black Ops DBM into the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice mike. It's looking great. Say my McM A5 is inletted for Badger Ordnance DBM, would it be much more work to inlet the Black Ops DBM into the stock? </div></div>

Thanks BlackOps_2....Much appreciated....

It won't be too bad a job to re-inlet your McM A5. Going from the Badger is pretty easy, as the inlet is smaller, so opening it up is much faster than filling in a larger inlet and then re-cutting it.

Give me a call at the shop on Monday if you have any questions....

Thanks again and Merry Christmas....

It looks and sounds like a good system. Sure wouldn't mind one for my long action. Nice work and Merry Christmas

Lookgs great Mike. I can't wait to run my new BlockOps Precision rifle. Your products are top notch.

Steve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lookgs great Mike. I can't wait to run my new BlockOps Precision rifle. Your products are top notch.

Steve. </div></div>

Thanks Steve....If memory serves, you should have received an email from Tomi Anne yesterday letting you know that we'll be barreling your action this coming week.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks and sounds like a good system. Sure wouldn't mind one for my long action. Nice work and Merry Christmas </div></div>

Thanks Dirt....The LA will be available by mid February at the latest.

Oh man, this makes me more and more excited for my SPECTER... I am trying to forget I ordered it and this is not helping!

Great stuff as usual Mike

Would you add me to a contact list for the release of rim fire rifle? Looks like a great trainer.

I like it! Hope to check it out in person at SHOT show.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh man, this makes me more and more excited for my SPECTER... I am trying to forget I ordered it and this is not helping!

Great stuff as usual Mike </div></div>

Thanks Erik....I'll get your revised Build Sheet out to you later today....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deputy Dawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you add me to a contact list for the release of rim fire rifle? Looks like a great trainer. </div></div>

Not a problem Dawg....You're on it....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it! Hope to check it out in person at SHOT show. </div></div>

Thanks JF....We'll have a few rifles there with the new DBM....

Do you have any pics of it in a stock? I'd like to see how far the mag well extends?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it! Hope to check it out in person at SHOT show. </div></div>

Thanks JF....We'll have a few rifles there with the new DBM....</div></div>

Got any booth information? I'll be doing some LR precision shooting wens. and thurs. early mornings before the show. You are welcome to join us out there. I can PM the information if you are interested.

Wow Mike, I like it! That's a nice set up. You're making it harder on me (im)patiently waiting on my Infidel. Awesome work. See you at Shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it! Hope to check it out in person at SHOT show. </div></div>

Thanks JF....We'll have a few rifles there with the new DBM....</div></div>

Got any booth information? I'll be doing some LR precision shooting wens. and thurs. early mornings before the show. You are welcome to join us out there. I can PM the information if you are interested.

</div></div>

Thanks JF....I'll have rifles in the Defiance Machine booth and I'm working on my schedule for that week. I appreciate the invite and let's stay in touch as it gets closer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you going to have your new .22 action and/or any rifles built using that as SHOT? I do plan to stop by your booth. </div></div>

The Rimfire action won't be there, but there will be rifles in the Defiance Machine booth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tag, very interested. How is availability, along with the 22lr ? </div></div>

I have the first 50 DBM's in the shop with another 100 running, so the DBM systems are available now.

The Rimfire will go into production after SHOT and will be available in the Spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monchichi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow Mike, I like it! That's a nice set up. You're making it harder on me (im)patiently waiting on my Infidel. Awesome work. See you at Shot. </div></div>

Thanks Juan....I just moved your parts bin up to the second shelf yesterday. I'll be barreling your action prior to SHOT and will be in touch....

Mike, I know this is a little off topic, but will you have any 1911's on display at Shot Show? I'm still interested in one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monchichi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I know this is a little off topic, but will you have any 1911's on display at Shot Show? I'm still interested in one. </div></div>

Unfortunately, I won't....

However, there is a Group Buy for the RECON 1911 about to start, managed by MTAR15....Let me know if you have any questions....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monchichi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I know this is a little off topic, but will you have any 1911's on display at Shot Show? I'm still interested in one. </div></div>

Unfortunately, I won't....

However, there is a Group Buy for the RECON 1911 about to start, managed by MTAR15....Let me know if you have any questions....</div></div>

Thanks Mike. I'll keep my eyes open for that one.

Mike, will my lefty Recon have the new mag EHD set-up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, will my lefty Recon have the new mag EHD set-up? </div></div>

Absolutely....

Somebody doesn't like returning phone calls... I see how it is
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somebody doesn't like returning phone calls... I see how it is
wink.gif
</div></div>

Sorry Dude
grin.gif
These days I do what I have time to do while the CNC is running....Standby....

I also have a Recon that Mike is going to start soon. Looking forward to seeing the new EHD set up.

I like that design alot been away from shooting a few years going to check your stuff out asap

Mike, do you have pricing info on a barreled action or a 605 in AICS stock?

Any pictures of test targets? Can't wait to see what these things can do!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2ef2smp.jpg

That's a pretty picture. </div></div>

Thanks Redirt. The LA for the .300WM, .338 LM and CIP is finished and going into production and I have a few more surprises coming up as well.

I want a BlackOps EHD DBM. How to I purchase one and how much are they?

Many thx,
-Sv

Was there a specific reason you positioned the magazine release inside the trigger guard?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: &#8207;Steelvenom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want a BlackOps EHD DBM. How to I purchase one and how much are they?

Many thx,
-Sv </div></div>

SV,
The EHD DBMs are available through Defiance Machine. Give Josh a call and he'll get you fixed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was there a specific reason you positioned the magazine release inside the trigger guard? </div></div>

Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was there a specific reason you positioned the magazine release inside the trigger guard? </div></div>

Yes. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was there a specific reason you positioned the magazine release inside the trigger guard? </div></div>

Really? This design is older than anyone on this site. It's bringing back old-school but in a improved faster fassion since it's a little bigger. Your finger never has to leave the inside of the guard and your hand can literally remain in position with better -steady position- with a simple swipe inside the trigger guard. I do not own this yet but it's easy to figure out why.

If I answered incorrectly Mike will surely correct me. I can't see any magazine release type design being any better than this. It seems perfect and I want one really bad.

-Sv

thats a pretty bad ass bottom metal, built like a rock!! +1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: &#8207;Steelvenom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was there a specific reason you positioned the magazine release inside the trigger guard? </div></div>

Yes. </div></div>

Really? This design is older than anyone on this site. It's bringing back old-school but in a improved faster fassion since it's a little bigger. Your finger never has to leave the inside of the guard and your hand can literally remain in position with better -steady position- with a simple swipe inside the trigger guard. I do not own this yet but it's easy to figure out why.

If I answered incorrectly Mike will surely correct me. I can't see any magazine release type design being any better than this. It seems perfect and I want one really bad.

-Sv
</div></div>

If your finger never leaves the trigger guard, shame on you. However if your finger is strong enough that you can operate the mag release without changing your hand position, good for you!

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to operate this with your thumb. The catch is moved inside the trigger guard to reduce snagging as compared to the M5 ala' the same concept as used in the RAD and APA style.

This is bottom metal for a bolt gun, arfcom wisdom doesn't really apply.