• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Blade making question/brass melting

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
So I've got about 500 rds of expended brass, it's a 7x reloaded set so I don't plan on reloading it.

Would be cool if a blade maker could metl it and forge a blade out of it..

Realize it would not be a "Real" blade per se, just decorative..

Anyone capable, want to make a few bucks?
smile.gif

Just kind of a neat idea, if I could melt brass I'd probably start making some 308 rim-key chains/necklaces LOL

Re: Blade making question/brass melting

A brass blade is not a thing to make fun of - remember the Bronze Age ? Tempering methods are different , nor will the edge hold up as long as iron , or steel - but they can be lethal . Bronze is copper + tin , as is brass , and what they used to found bronze guns - gunmetal . The mixing ratios differ according to use . I think bronze can be forged , but ancient weapons were usually cast in a mould ...

I just want it for decoration purposes, although I might likely polish it and differentially temper it - all of which I think I can do but melting it I cannot...

You want that in damascus? Kim Breed, MSG 5thG(ret)[the knife guy]is my new homie...two doors down. Gonna hit up the shop on Thursday to see the works. I can ask him about that if you like. They specialize in damascus blade work, all custom