• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blaser tac2 parts

MrPaul

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2017
East tx
I just ended up with a blaser tac 2 and I found out the German government no longer allows them to be sold to civilians. The gun I've purchased is in good working order but I am worried about not being able to find parts for it. Does anyone know where I can source parts?

The best source for Tac II parts is other Blaser rifles. Many parts are interchangeable including barrels, bolts, magazines, and scope mounts.

There are one or two dedicated dealers who specialize in these guns and there are gun forums dedicated to Blaser rifles where parts are still available.

Wonderful guns by the way.

I have an LRS-2 (similar but the action is shorter and does not handle .338 Lapua). You can get parts, other barrels, boltheads on gunbroker, and the blaserpro website. It would be interesting to find out if the barrel configuration for the Tac-II is the same as the newer R8 hunting rifles. If so, you can swap in barrels make that gun just about any caliber under the sun. The LRS-2 that I have can swap in/out any barrels from the older R93's.

Hope this helps.

BTW, all of the blaser barrels that I have for the LRS-2 (223, 22-250, 243, 6.5x55, 308 and 300 WM) all shoot 1/4 MOA ... they just hammer.

Not only are they super accurate, I have yet to shoot one out. Not tens of thousands of rounds but getting close.

The only downside for me is slow for modern bullets twist rates.

I'm not worried about parts because nothing has broken or needed replacement in over ten years.

I know the .338 lm barrel has fired about 1000 rounds of solid copper Berger bullets so I don't know if that will shorten the barrel life. The .308 barrel has also seen some use but only 175 gr match king. I bought it from a family friend who needed the money and I'm supposed to pick it up at the end of October. As soon as I get it I will bore scope the barrel to see what kind of condition its in. I thought it might be a safe bet to find an extra bolt in 338 and another in 308. Hopefully I can learn a bit about compatibility with the r93 at least for the .308 parts.

There are two main lines of the Blaser rifles. The current R8 and the older discontinued R93. The R93 could accommodate .22lR to .416 Remington. The R8 barrel and action will accodate .223 through larger cartridges such as the .404 Jeffries and the .416 Rigby ..
If you have a Tac II I will bet that it is compatible with R8 barrels ... look for the match contour. Basically the same barrel without the pic rail. The barrels are really hard and they last a long long time. I know folks that have 4,000+ rounds of 6.5x284 down the tube with no signs of accuracy loss. Some with 8,000+ of .308 same story.

According to this article the barrels last a long time.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/joe-grine/blaser-lrs-2/

This article claims 35000+ rounds and still sub moa with .308 barrels. I think I'll have a good cheap shooter with the .308 barrel and a good long range rifle with the .338 barrel. The gun in the article above is the LRS 2 which seems to be a R 93 made into a sporting rifle but very similar to the tac 2. I hope they are compatible.

Bolts, magazines, and scope mounts are compatible across the range.

The R-8 and Tac II have larger receivers than the R-93 and LRS3 in part to accommodate the .338LM. Barrels are compatible within those two families but not across the two.

Shoot in and enjoy it.

I shoot the .223 barrel the most in my LRS2, its the perfect trainer set up. Even better than the .308. It also makes a great prairie dog gun along with the 22-250 barrel.

Hank...Are you saying there is a better chance of compatibility with the R 8?

The TAC II uses a different basic chassis and has only four barrels available. The LRS series rifles can use all R93 barrels.

I use my LRS 2 heavy fluted barrels in R-93 safari stocks on occasion. The safari stocks have the larger channel for the heavier barrels.

MrPaul. Check with the Blaser folks. I would not be surprised if the chassis and the dimensions of the Tac II are the same as the R8 including the boltheads. In fact I remember reading that they are the same a while back on a blog. Check to make sure. If they are the same any R8 barrel will just drop in, otherwise you will be limited to .223, .308. 300WM and .338 Laupa.

Thanks 300ATT...I just looked up the Blaser USA site and their phone number is a 210 prefix. That's San Antonio and I'm just up the road in Houston. If I need to repair something it may be easier than I thought. I'll give them a ring when I get off work.

I made a quick call to Blazer USA on my break and got some bad news. Laura at Blaser USA informed me that the tac 2 is its own rifle. It has no compatibility with any of their other rifles. :( It shares no parts with the R8 or R93. She also said they were not able to obtain parts for it and I should look online for secondhand parts.

No worries. Contact Mad dog - the largest Blaser dealers out there. You can find hundreds of his adds on gunbroker. Bet he can source any parts you might need.

20181201_123535.jpg

Congratulations!
That Blaser is something that you don't see every day.
Blaser's factory website doesn't show those any more. Their best long range model now seems to be the one with the Norwegian GRS laminate stock. https://www.blaser.de/en/products/b...8-models-with-wooden-stock/r8-long-range-grs/
A local store had a GRS stocked Blaser with a smaller barrel some time ago. Any R8 barrel and conversion should fit.

The GRS composite Bifrost stock also seems to be available for Blasers: https://www.grsriflestocks.com/models/composite-stocks/grs-bifrost

grs-bifrost_green_adjustments_rgb_floating_72dpi_1000px.png

Congratulations +1!

I have had the privilege of owning many precision rifles such as AI's and custom builds. Of all the rifles, the Blasers that I have are the most accurate - crazy accurate. They shoot most factory ammo 1/4 - 1MOA (including hunting ammo) and with reloads it is truly amazing what kind of group sizes you can get out of it.

They are really of fun to shoot. See if you can't get another barrel and bolt face for it - I would recommend one in .223 for practice and for introducing new shooters to precision shooting.

I took my son and his girlfriend out shooting two weeks ago. She had never shot before. I put the .223 LRS barrel in the chassis and after a very abbreviated lesson in shooting fundamentals we started her off shooting water bottles and pop cans at 213 yards - she never missed. She then went 3 for 4 on tangerines at 213 ...

Blasers are unique and will draw out the admirers and haters alike ...

... you will love it ...

This gun is crazy accurate. The 308 barrel shoots groups just as tight as any of my 6.5s which surprised me. I hope to try the .338 barrel soon.

That's a nice tac 2 you've got there....does Bt engineering still make those stocks. I have a .338 LM bolt, barrel, mags, and muzzle break. If I could get another stock I would be that much closer to building another one.

Mr.Paul,
I'm not sure if he's still making them. As you know the availability for our rifles has decreased over the past few years.
I know he's on social media....Instagram and Facebook. Try to reach out. Let us know how you make out.

Thanks so much. I'm not on fb or Instagram. Is there any other way to get in touch? Who is he?

I just bought a blaser. All it says on tactical 2 on side. It came w right hand bolt. It's a 338 lapua Came w a night force scope 32 x56 scope. And 10 boxs shell got for 3900. Thinking pretty good deal. Would like to find left hand bolt.

It would be great to find a barrel for my LRS2. I did get one spare mag for it and have 2 now. :)