• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Blemished Match Bullets 338, 250 Grain Hollow Point @ Midway

I bought 10 boxes originally thought they were Hornady but compared them and they are not. Maybe SMK? Not sure but I measured a box and all seemed to be within normal tolerances just cosmetic blems.

From the nose of the bullet in that picture, I would guess Lapua Scenar. No guarantee that the bullets you get will be the same as the picture, though.

250ScenarBergerHybridSMKflash.jpg

250ScenarBergerHybridSMK.jpg

Lapua, Berger and SMK 250s.

Chris

No, they're definitely not Lapua Scenars since we don't ship "seconds" anywhere. They (Midway) specifically mention that the picture shown is generic and merely representative, and is not a photo of the actual product.

I might also mention that Midway is just west of Columbia, MO. That's about 50 miles from Sedalia, MO, where the SMKs originate. You can fill in the blanks, but I doubt that Hornady is the only one sending them seconds.

Yeah, I stick with the not Hornady statement. I had a box of Hornady and compared them side by side the angle of the tip is different, didn't have any SMK other than 300's to compare them with.