• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blow out kit

MikeG

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2005
Iowa
Ok haven't posted for a while but been lurking in the shadows. I searched the searched the "search" function for a mini first aid kit kind of like a "blow out kit" and came up with everything from thanksgiving pheasant to Rip twinkies.
My question which may be covered here somewhere is...has anyone here assembled a kit from easy to find supplies locally. I'm looking to replace my first aid kit that I carry to the range, hunting,fishing, etc. Stuff needs updating. The current setup is woefully out of date and I feel lacking. The little plastic box i now have is small enough that it's easy to include in my current activities. Compression bandage, electrical tape, bandaids, nylon fishing stringer/clothespin.

Re: Blow out kit

I don't know how easy everything would be to find locally for you, but I'd say grab a tourniquet, a compression bandage, a roll or two of gauze (preferably impregnated with a hemostatic agent), some 4x4 gauze pads, and some tape. You'll be set for pretty much any accident involving bleeding.

Where are you at in Iowa?

Re: Blow out kit

Gotcha....I'm in SW Iowa next to Nebraska. Wow thats some good stuff. If it's too big I won't have it on me. So far I've been lucky enough not to have to use it on me but I saved one of my birddogs with the exsisting kit. Would like to get some hemostatic dressings.