• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Blueprinting and Truing

Monkey Medic 83

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
Nightmareland, NV
OK a couple months ago I was shooting 3/4 MOA at 100m. Put a new trigger on the rifle, and now it seems I can only get fist size groups. Is it this nut behind the gun? I shoot a Rem 700 .308 with a B&C stock. and 24" barrel.

Conditions....It was windy about 15-20 mph winds at about 1/8 to 1/2 value. I was shooting on my knees from a bench, not prone. I did get a new trigger installed. poundage went from 4.8 to 2.1 (installed the Huber Concepts 2 stage trigger).

all in all I think i need to get use to the trigger and go out on a calm day.

I did notice some powder residue on the neck of almost all the brass. Would it be worth blue printing and truing my rifle to get a solid seat for the bullet?

Last edited:
Are you reloading./

Usually you get flyers down and to the right if you are pulling the trigger.

Try again, seated holding the rifle over a bag with support hand on the foregrip (not under the buttstock). No bipod

You can also try some dry fire at home (MAKE SURE YOUR RIFLE IS CLEAR) set up and put a penny on the barrel. Try to dry fire without knocking it off. This will tell you if you are jerking the trigger.

There are just so many variables, try to isolate the easy one first. Because a full blueprint and rebarrel wont help if your fundamentals are not in order.

Check all your scope/rings/bases screws and make sure the action screws are torqued properly. Consider having the bc stock bedded or skim bedded.

Call Chad at LRI and send the stock to him and have him surf it when I put my B&C stock on the same thing happened Chad worked his stuf and it is shooting nice tight groups again. that being said the dummy round drill will help also