• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bobby Hart Laminate Stocks

Twisted300Win MAG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2012
Michigan
Wondering if anyone here has used any of these on a build. I found them on Stocky's. I'm thinking about using one on a .223 bench gun for the wife. I'v never bedded a laminate stock and I'm wondering about quality of finish and of the laminate have any inherent problems when it comes to bedding. She wants the look of wood or laminate however our budget is not all that much. Maybe $400 for a stock. If these are no good then any other suggestions?
Thanks
Donald

I bouth this stock a few months ago and am very pleased with it. I found the laminate wood solid, but very manageable to work with. I pillar bedded the stock and also inlet the stock for a ptg M5 bottom metal with a dremel. The finish on mine is the satin, not the hi gloss. I am very happy with it. Below are a few pics

I've never personaly used one of the Hart stocks but have a buddy that has one and loves it. I've used half a dozen of Joel Russo's stock as they are a clone to the McMillan A5 , i perfer the laminate to the fiberglass because i can shape it to fit my hand better and sometimes you just want a pretty stock as well as functional.
Here is a 260 I used one on and installed a Terry Cross logger head comb unit

Here is another for a rem M7 that was made to single shot , note the grip modification

I don't have a pic handy but I built a 6mmbr on a Savage action that I put in one of those stocks. I made pillars for it and did a bed job and it will shoot in the .1-.2 range all day. So I think they work pretty well. :)

I have a question I just received my bobby hart acu block thumbhole stock. My barrel and action set in it great until I tighten the mounting screws down then the barrel shifts to right side of the stock. Any tips or did I waste my money?

You can fix that with a proper bedding job. I can't look for the pics now but their are some where on the board showing a tapeing of the barrel so it sits strait while the bedding cures

Fuck a wood stock! Way to much work involved. Besides tom manners makes the best stock in the world, and you wont have to do squat to it. No way would I buy a laminate stock, no way!! Wood is for shotguns, and I like nice wood. Just not for my rifles! Lee

Here is my Tr rig with Bobby Hart stock. With the resins they use in laminates these days, this stock is stiffer than any fiberglass stock every dreamed of being.

Fuck a wood stock! Way to much work involved. Besides tom manners makes the best stock in the world, and you wont have to do squat to it. No way would I buy a laminate stock, no way!! Wood is for shotguns, and I like nice wood. Just not for my rifles! Lee

There's a lot of F-Class rifles built using laminated wood stocks...