Bobro Trijicon IR Hunter and Reap IR scope mounts

BamaSE

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Hi all, interested in feedback from anyone who has used the Bobro mounts for either the Trijicon Hunter or Reap on a bolt action rifle with traditional type stock......more specifically whether proper eye relief and cheek weld can be obtained. I have done some Google research and the inference is these mounts are designed to utilize these scopes on non-AR rifles, but I have not been able to locate first hand testimony from a real world user.

And more info.....I am contemplating acquiring a Tikka T3x CTR or the new UPR in .308.....FWIW the UPR has an adjustable cheek piece stock. Both have a factory installed picatinney rail for optics so the Bobro can be directly mounted with no modifications. Thinking ahead of whether I could mount my Hunter or Reap with the Bobro and add a little more versatility to either of these rifles beyond a day scope.

Any input is appreciated.

Rfeldhaus

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2019
I bought one for my halo lr and immediately returned it, paying the restocking fee was well worth getting rid of it. It did not allow for proper bolt manipulation or solve my problem for proper eye relief.

Reactions: BamaSE

sgtsmmiii

Lieutenant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2010
Lexington, KY
The BoBro works well on an AR platform - as Rfeldhaus stated - on a bolt gun it doesn't allow it enough rearward setup and interferes with the bolt manipulation.

Reactions: BamaSE

BamaSE

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Thanks so much for the input guys, disappointed yes, but this is why I asked......appreciate this forum for the tips and in this case saving $$$$ for not having to try and cry.

Reactions: Rfeldhaus